Runic Hammers and benefits for PvM

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Blaise, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Um, what?

So I pay 50k for a 57% chance of a spear. But if it's an 85% chance of a spear, I will pay LESS?!?!
  2. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

"I Think" what Blaise is trying to convey is that if you increase the chance of getting a GM spear.. increasing supply, then theoretically demand will go down and the price will be cheaper.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Exactly. If it fail rate on runic spears doesn't make me want to slit my own wrists, I will be much happier charging less for one.
  4. Dalavar

Fair enough, but the marginal demand for the Nth spear is always *something*. So increasing the number of spears you can make will always bring a non-zero gain, until people literally won't pay a single gold piece for them any longer.
  5. Redding

Redding Active Member

I have been collecting for a little while and just started flipping smithy BODs very recently. I've put 2 and 2 together on which BODS are cost effective to flip. That being said, I would love the idea of adding a smithy bonus to the runic hammers. My spin on it would be a flat bonus across all runic types giving marginal value to the DC runics while not overpowering the high end, but still lowering the chance of Blaise harming himself or any nearby innocent babies. In another scenario they could also be arranged like the mining gloves DC/Shadow +1, C/B/G +3, A/V/V +5. Either way this kills two BOD birds with one stone: a worthless BOD reward and suck-a## plate BODs.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa, I only punch guilty babies.
  7. Garrion

Garrion Active Member

as the person that bought the agapite short spear for 200k on the forum i honestly think i underpaid
    with the fail rate attributed to crafting spears and short spears and the fact that fencing has nothing for options in weapons i would tend to agree with blaise in this sense.
  8. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Really has nothing to do with the topic at hand but I can say as someone who farms a ton good fencing weapons are much more common then good bows as far as high end mob drops.
  9. Dalavar

As far as I can tell, the weapon type is random, right? So assuming every weapon type has an equal weighting, there's 3 archery weapons and 4 reasonable fencing weapons, so it should be a 3:4 ratio.