Secret Santa: 2017

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by El Horno, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Sheckels

Sheckels Member

To @k1w1uk ! all your efforts are much appreciated and all of us are lucky to have you in our community.

Thanks so much you guys I had a lot of fun with this event.
  2. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

*sets down his spoon next to a steaming bowl of stew*

To Camdan! Cheers!

*raises ale*

Well done good sir. Well done.
    Oni Neaufire, k1w1uk and El Horno like this.
  3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@k1w1uk My neighbor! Dude is a saint...
    Oni Neaufire, k1w1uk and One like this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  5. Andruil

Andruil Active Member

Thanks 'Secret';) Santa for those nice decorative items! I will use these to make my storage building into a home.

house.png
    Also a thumbs up for the people who run this event!
    Oni Neaufire, Holden, Zaphian and 2 others like this.
  6. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

@Cherie
    @Meradin
    @Uncle Donnie

Please could you get a hold of me or @El Horno with your Secret Santa Gifts ASAP

@Lord Krake
    @Uncle Donnie
    @Meradin

@Oni Neaufire
    @Cherie
    @Zapp Brannigan
    @Arnold Lutz
    @Althorn
    @GeneK
    @Lightshade

I have your gifts ready and waiting, no gift will be handed out to those who haven't handed one in.

@Witchcraft
    @Aragorn - OCT

@Ron Jeremy

I am truly sorry that at this time I do not have a gift here for you but this situation WILL be remedied

if there is anyone I have missed who has turned in a gift but not yet received one please contact me ASAP
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  7. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Father Christmas looks up from his latest missive regarding the Walk of Shame, He sits back in his Spooky Chair as his Santa Sense tingles.

What was it that had disturbed him from his work , it was as if the very Ether was trembling.

Then it hit him, that strange feeling in the air was.. no not a feeling but Cheers echoing across the land. Father Christmas Humbly bows his head and accepts the platitudes while thinking "I was only doing my Job."

He picks up his quill and starts to compose again.
    " Thanks and Holiday Wishes to one and all, the Christmas spirit is well and truly out in the Great Lands of Sosaria.
    A HUGE thank you is deserved by @El Horno whom without none of this would have been possible.
    Yes I volunteered to help out with the Secret Santa Event to become more well known (Even Father Christmas can have ulterior motives) and to have fun and that it has been the Generosity shown by all has been incredible. "
    He glanced over at the level 7 Map of the Abyss that arrived with his name on it.
    " I have been a part of this community for over a year now, and finally found a way that I could give something back. My situation means that I am currently unable to Donate to Chris, (when things change I will definitely) But what I have plenty of is Time. So this has been my way of giving something back to this fantastic Worldwide community. If you are ever in need of a helping hand do not hesitate to reach out . Help is always given to those who need or ask.
    May you all have relatively safe travels across our fine land and the Safest travels in the other realm over this Holiday season. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I hope we will not need to have another memorial stone Added to the Royal Britianian Cemetery this holiday time.

and one last thing Please do your best to rid the lands of this Pesky Elf Infestation They are giving my elves a bad name. Once all the gifts have been exchanged I shall do my best to join in in the eradication.

So may I wish you all A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    to our Ork friends "Mugg Xmus und Happ Nub Yuur"
    Kind regards and I hope to see you all out and about
    From Father Christmas and his Helpers,
    (Camdan Furcarver, Kanga, Hartland, Monteith, A Giant Fish and the rest of the gang)
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hear, Hear!
    Oni Neaufire and k1w1uk like this.
  9. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

Anyone who does this for UOR is indeed a saint.

What a pain in the ass this must be collecting/organizing/storing/distributing presents PLUS pestering people to cough up their presents too!

Wouldnt catch me doing this on a dare! TY @k1w1uk @El Horno and everyone else who took the time to make this happen.
    Aragorn - OCT and k1w1uk like this.
  10. Zylphie

Zylphie Well-Known Member

*cheers* to @El Horno and @k1w1uk for running this and bringing the holiday spirit to UO:R/moon glow! Thank you!
    Oni Neaufire, Seba, jumpman and 4 others like this.
  11. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member

come on all get these screen shots posted , that is one of the best parts of this is to see what everyone gets :)
    love watching my kids open their gifts , goes for this too Big thanks to @El Horno and @k1w1uk for putting this event on was exciting for all i know
  12. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Attention! Attention!
    [​IMG]
    @Cherie
    @Meradin
    @Uncle Donnie
    This is the final call. If your gifts aren't turned in by the end of tomorrow you are being removed from the event.

The gifts that were slated to be delivered to you will be put into bags for the 3 who turned in gifts but have yet to receive anything:
    @Witchcraft
    @Aragorn - OCT
    @Ron Jeremy

In addition, if anybody would like to add something for these 3 patient Sosarians, contact Camdan or myself and we will make sure it makes it into their gift bags.
  13. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Aww I just started to think about the bad things that might have been put in a gift for Uncle Donnie. That would suck if it did and someone else got it. He has got to be on the naughty list.
    One likes this.
  14. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Ya TBH I haven't even looked to see what the 3 gifts consist of. Regardless, I will personally make sure the final gifts for the 3 people left out will be thoughtfully constructed, and I imagine the community will step up to help in that regard. I've already had a few people reach out.
    Zaphian likes this.
  15. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

As I said in another post recently, the community is one of the main things I love about this server. *thumbs up*
    Zaphian likes this.
  16. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

It is a great community around here, always nice to see people who will do little things to help each other out. Also love the player run events like this fun way to get to know more people!!
    Seba and Kirby like this.
  17. Fefa

Fefa Active Member

I picked up my gift and I waiting for Cristmas morning to open it.

Werent ther some nasty fires in California in December. maby this guys and girl are from there ( I see Cherie is from California).
    Since they were all last seen 28-29 november.
  18. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Thank you, Secret Santa. ;)

You know me well. Thank you for the specially hued book. Trammel decorations are my favorite. :D

[​IMG]

Everyone knows that I am:

[​IMG]

:D
    Dr Satan, k1w1uk, Pirul and 3 others like this.
  19. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Santa! I really did not expect so much amazing stuff :) 2 statues, verite plate and agapite BODs, coloured shovels, plat and a boat! Absolutely perfect, will put it all to good use.
    The vampire statue is the best, I have been trying for a halloween statue really hard this year, but no luck. Can't wait to find a nice spot at home for it and the turkey :)

upload_2017-12-23_19-54-10.png
  20. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL

@@Witchcraft
    @@Aragorn - OCT
    @@Ron Jeremy

Please contact me ASAP to receive your gift.

Thanks to all who took part this event has been an absolute pleasure to be involved in.
    The generosity has been incredible, and just shows me again why we play this 20 yr old game.
    I love this community.

I hope to see you all again next year.

so to be a little P.C. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Naaaa Bollocks to that MERRY CHRISTMAS UO:R

Regards Father Christmas