Security Macro causing lag...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Medieval Name, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The answer to the question about the macro: update razor, and don't put walking in the macro. Walking in macro messes things up for some reason.
  2. Medieval Name

Medieval Name Well-Known Member

I didn't know you couldn't bless a weapon and didn't know lumberjacks came with a newbied hatchet.
    Wich is why I said ''waste'', because I thought you meant paying for a blessing deed.
    Makes more sense now and will do that for sure.

@wylwrk Actually asking advice for both. I see that a macro is not popular and I appreciate the input.
    Now knowing that I can easily get a newbied hatched for all my chars I will put your advice in practice.

Thanks for helping!
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Yeah the only bless deeds you can buy are for clothing. Any items you see people carrying that are blessed were made that way (ex: 5th anni lanterns). My main character carries a bunch of newbied and blessed items, like a boat, deco tool, hatchet, dagger, snow, etc.

We just want to help. Anything you can do to make your house truly secure is great, and using all lockdowns has flaws. Plus it wastes lockdowns.
  4. Medieval Name

Well, I'm only protecting the second floor of my two story villa. So there's only one tile wide to move towards the lockdown (wich means I would feel it if somebody was in the way and it takes only one lockdown). Adding to this the 2 seconds to detect hidden before the automatic release/lockdown... I don't see how that could be a problem but I will take your word for it! I was just trying to understand the mechanics and flaws so once gain, thanks!
  5. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Hah I love locking down stairs. Protip: use a footstool. That way you only have to remove it on the way up. On the way down you can walk right over it. I do that in The Pinktree Inn.
  6. Lemac

Lemac Active Member

All good advice, but I'm confused why we are making LJ char to get newbie items. Any axing weapon will work. Just lay it down ( not locked down) on the table next to the trash barrel. Walk in, lock the door, detect hidden, dbl click axe, chop barrel, move one, make new barrel (make a hot key to say it), move forward. Good to go. Only owner or co-owner can chop so worst case senario is someone steals an axe.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

because the hatchet is rather useful to a worldly/active character for other things aside from the aforementioned

wood collection if in a bind, kindling, replaces a dagger for carving corpses, chopping chests, if a swords/LJ a ohcrapIjustdied/rezed weapon

I never leave home without one.
    Orion GM BD and Black Tortoise like this.
  8. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I have axes at each trash can and I also carry the newbied hatchet on my main. Redundant redundancy is redundant. :p
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I'm that way with boats. Most of my characters carry a boat model.
  10. Lemac

Lemac Active Member

Understood, glad I asked. I usually have an axe on my adventurers as well, with a dagger, for all the reasons stated. I got confused with this being a house security thread and didn't want OP to think that they needed to make new LJ char for houses is all. Wasn't knocking anyone's advice.

So good rule of thumb...axe and dagger are like American express, never leave home without it, and always keep an axe by the trash can.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

axe replaces dagger :)
    Lemac likes this.
  12. Medieval Name

Well that's the problem haha. I wouldn't like recalling home just to noticed somebody sneaked in and stol my axe (or that it decayed). You would have to leave and get another one.
  13. Lemac

Lemac Active Member

I don't believe, could be wrong, that things inside of a house not locked down decay, aside from your body when you die macroing cause you ran out of bandages. hasn't happened yet for me at least, or i haven't noticed/ forgot what i put where
  14. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Items in houses do not decay (except corpses).
    Medieval Name likes this.
  15. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

and death robes, and quite a few other items probably.
  16. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Afaik death robes do not decay in houses. I've had them sit on my floor for hours before I got tired of looking at them and just tossed them in the trash.
  17. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

They 100% do decay in a home.
  18. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Ah. I guess I'm just too impatient. lol
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

So much for my death robe ponzi scheme.
  20. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So I'm going to suggest something contrary to what everyone else has said here. I like the table wall over the trash barrel as then any co-owner's can access the home.

Also, I do my detect hidden check after I pass the wall and have it locked down. That way after I am in, the final check will show if a sneaky stealther is standing "in" my wall. If he isn't, then the house is secure. If not, then a simple ban macro takes care of the rest. Also, after updating razor, there is no downside to not automate the walking part. It works wonders for me. And this macro will always keep bad people out as long as whenever you enter your home, always watch for...

- The "you push push someone out of your way" line,
    - The green Locked over your door,
    - No grey names popping up / the "no one is hidden here" line, and
    - With a single left click to make sure the moved table says "Locked Down"

Lastly, a little trick a good friend showed me is the [where command. When you type it, it gives you your character's location as a system message. By putting this command in your door macro followed by a series of IF's, you can make a single door/security macro that can open every single one of your homes. It is quite amazing.