Sell a home day!!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Samorite, May 18, 2020.

1. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

Is this an official Forum Police investigation?
    One likes this.
  2. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

Hunter_5-19_19.06.jpg

Before picture... unless the thumbnail is too small.
    Samorite likes this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    FartBarf likes this.
  4. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

@FartBarf @Samorite

Fartbarf just straight up gave me an L shaped house. He's fucking awesome. Give him lots of statues.

screenshot.PNG
    Samorite and Jemima like this.
  5. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

Oh good. He was dead when I got there, anyway.... :cool:
    One likes this.
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Not gonna entice a lot of house hoarders to give a tower + up for a surfer. Especially since some of us saw it as a sweet purple pegasus at first.

Personally, I own 4 homes, 1 of which is up for sale right now. The other 3, keep and tower connected both in use because I'm a deco whore, and a villa in which I'm in the process of turning into a public rune library. None of which I'm giving up and prob will be my end game homes unless a sweet fort falls into my lap or something.

I appreciate the effort @Samorite but I agree with @SativaGreen in regards to the trust issue.

It's a greedy player base (myself included in different aspects) who have been refreshing houses for months or years. Cant just offer a surfer trophy and think that's gonna solve the problem.

Players aren't gonna hold other players accountable when all they have to do is log in once a week, while hidden, and click a sign that takes all of about 5 seconds. There's no homework the average player can do to track those individuals down.

I dont need anymore homes myself so I'm not in search for anything, but it's not fun having to watch and explaining to newer players why there's 15.... 15 houses allowed per player. 15 houses......... FIIIIIIFTEEEEEEEEN
    Poogoblin, Kiryana and One like this.
  7. OreHound

OreHound Well-Known Member

Since I bought my tower and the SST next door, I've been trying to unload three smalls, even for deed price, without success. I didn't want to drop them either, because I went crazy buying that whole strip at the time and hated to just demolish them.
    We'll see if I get any nibbles now. http://uorforum.com/threads/for-sale-for-deed-minoc-area-small-houses.47906/
    If not, I guess I'll have to admit defeat and bring out the wrecking ball.
    That will bring my inventory down to the two aforementioned houses.
    FartBarf likes this.
  8. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

there are 95+ forts/castles & a bunch held by blockers... and you only call out me... very noble co-citizen very.
  9. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

You first. Everyone knows who the real property hoarders and endless refreshers are but no one wants to call them out. When you do all their pals jump in to defend it and deflect.

The lighthearted thread was supposed to be about the possibility of another landrush but everyone decided to jump down Samorites throat on the other current issues. He made this jokingly in response. And I'm not joking about my post. I will say it was a bit tongue in cheek jab at someone whose entire goal in UOR is to own 15 forts. Which i don't care for if thats within the rules. However, that is also the issue at hand and that everyone is complaining about. It's pretty easy to find small/medium sized properties as they are a dime a dozen but good luck at finding a keep/castle/fort. The real estate issues people complain about are not being able to own keeps/forts/castles without overpaying in millions. There have been many a towers available at deed or close to it you can find for sale here.

Nah , i say lets call them out aye.
    Pedigar, Salick, Virdan and 2 others like this.
  10. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

And y'all think the appropriate place to air this out is in a thread designed to help new players get reasonably-priced houses, create a little positive solidarity within the community, and give a good introduction for the new crowd? In the name of helping people, you're going to hijack a thread that was created to help people and shovel shit on it?
    RavenMagi likes this.
  11. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

Not sure who y'all is? I'm a single person. There is plenty of reasonable priced houses out there. In fact there is tons of unplaced small/med sized housing spots out there right now. This post was about a Tower or larger sized home. And as I stated before i think its absolutely relevant and reasonable to call the issues and people out for hoarding when that is the issue at hand.
    Virdan likes this.
  12. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

Okay. Thought I'd ask. Reading comprehension is important to me.
  13. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

@Andrakus

Your info is super old and outdated. Years old. labeler has had 3 houses he uses now for awhile. If you don't know what your talking about and your info is soo out of date, you should probably just not talk.
  14. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Yes, your right but when you drop that pegasus on the reward vendor for 10 platinum / 60K that's maybe more profit than selling through the forums?

Let's keep it light-hearted as the post was intended

cheers

Samo
    Hollywood likes this.
  15. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

There's very few Tower+ that go for less than 60k over deed, but mmkay
    Hollywood likes this.
  16. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Give a playerbase an inch and we'll take a mile.

We know you have good intentions with players and the server, but you opened up pandoras box by posting a thread relative to a subject a lot of players have wanted change towards for a while. Brave move while people are on quarantine, bored, and have not much more to do than attempt and direct the conversation towards a hopeful solution to house hoarding especially with Chris pretty much absent and you're our main link to him.

And players are taking that chance because either A. We'll push towards some sort of finalized answer, or B. It will never be brought up again by a GM which at this point, there's really nothing to lose since it took so long for one to have any kind of related discussion on the matter.
    Poogoblin, FartBarf and Samorite like this.
  17. Samorite

Renaissance Staff

Message me on discord to collect your trophy :)
  18. Samorite

Renaissance Staff

And here's @FartBarf collecting their trophy :)

upload_2020-5-20_3-26-24.png
    One, Hollywood and FartBarf like this.
  19. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

*secretly hopes that somebody makes the 'is FartBarf the horse's ass?' joke.*

Thanks again, Samo.
  20. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

In light of this post, I've made the effort to seek out any new players seeking homes. I will have them contact me directly and do my part in helping get them to empty unused housing.

http://uorforum.com/threads/new-player-housing-assistance.48870/

If you have unused housing that you'd like to earmark for newbies. Please continue to post them on this thread and I will help locate abandoned homes with their new foster adventurer.

I will front the deed costs and have them pay me back, as they can.