SELLING: brown bear rug, facing south *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by DarkWing, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Re: SELLING: brown bear rug, facing south

Whats the current high bid anyway?
  2. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

3. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Wrong. The only one at fault here is the seller. He knows how to do this properly and for some reason he chose to bork it. If you'd bothered to read my post, that's clear. BTW, I did PM him after my 40k bid had been on for >1 day. The next day he posted that piddlyshit 43k bid.
  4. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

Gee get over it.

I didnt win the auction either, no biggie.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I understand your method for discussion of any topic involves trash talk and insult. It is evident in nearly every post you make on forums.

There are no rules to this sale. He did not make any mistake by saying 'Taking bids' on this item.
    You are mistaken if you think he is required to specify any of those details.

Unprofessional, perhaps. Wrong, not even close.

Please, share the link of where it says rules for forum sales. Highlight the part about what is 'proper' please, because I'm not seeing it.

Everyone has their methods for sales, some are really vague and if that doesn't suit you, ask more questions. Perhaps he had several PMs queued up because he isn't sittin here all day refreshing forums to see who bid on what.

Point being, you're in the wrong, you're mad about it and trying to cast blame on the seller who's only posted an item for auction. There are no terms assumed because there are none specified.

Enjoy.
  6. Upgrayedd

Renaissance Volunteers

Nope Blasie, you're confusing your own method with mine. I was curious why you jumped in on this thread when it doesn't involve you, but now that I see Darkwing is AT, I understand. While it's admirable that you stand up for you guildmates, you've proven once again that you'd defend your mates even if they killed Christ.

Now if you really want to help out your mate, you'd explain to him how to run a proper auction by stating the terms up front and treating all buyers equally. I might expect someone new to make mistakes like this auction, but Darkwing has been around long enough that I expected better.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Ok, so you're a seasoned veteran who finds discrepancy in the original posting, and yet, you decided to bid anyway?

I really don't give a shit who killed Christ but the fact that you try and trump up problems from thin air, that are the result of your own actions, is something I'll argue all day.
    Yes, DW's a guildmate and probably knows what verbose auction details are like and just chose not to use them. No rule broken there.

In case you're not paying attention, one does not need to be a guild mate for me to defend them. Yes, I pay closer attention to what my guildies are doing, but it is by no means my standard for debating something on forums.

You read more into the auction than was originally posted and are now upset that you were wrong in your assumptions. There is no one at fault but you for assuming so much about what was NOT stated or implied.

You are the only one who chose to make YOUR bid for you. Not knowing the details that were not specified is not the seller's problem, it's yours for not asking before drawing conclusions.

As for other instances of me defending my guild mates, keep pretending like you weren't taking only killshots on the event mobs which was the reason you were getting EFed in the first place.

I appreciate that you hijacked our boss mob kill and the loot, and then gave it back to us. You didn't have to, and that was very kind. If you felt that it would win you favors in the future, when you're being a dick facing retaliation, you were mistaken.
  8. Upgrayedd

Renaissance Volunteers

Nope, I bid, then Darkwing changed the rules and chose to play favorites. Please read before you post lest you prove your ignorance.

Nope, that's what you're doing. That's why you want to bring up the story of your other guildmate's adventures in backstabbing.

You're the only one talking about rules. I've simply shown how a veteran player (Darkwing) has chosen to run a shitty auction when he ought to know better.

Yes, that's why I asked, both in the thread an PM. Please read before you post lest you prove your ignorance (again).

The only dick there was your guildmate Korbin for going out of his way to screw me. It served no purpose, but at least he's equally incompetent in griefing as he is in looting,.

Did you have anything else to drag into this thread? Perhaps I insulted your mother at some point or kicked your dog?
  9. Chance

Chance New Member
    UO:R Donor

suck it blaise. 5 tailors, bods all day, the rug ones are a bitch to fill.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, ok. He didn't edit any posts so nothing was changed, but thank you for mentioning rules just before saying you never mentioned rules.

All he did was step into his sale thread to handle your punking bid of 1gp, that you made on the assumption that his private bids were shill.

You could have asked for clarification of terms rather than be insulting and assuming, but hey, there are no rules :p.
  11. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I must say I am impressed with how civil this thread has remained in the face of so much smack-talkable-ness floating in the air.

Kudos gentlemen, kudos.
  12. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

Your Momma
  13. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

FYI this Bid is OVER thanks for Playing!