Server/Era questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mikanele, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

I was told runebooks will not be blessed. Is this a set rule or up for discussion I have lived without it on my other server so not a big deal just very convenient?

On my current server skills are not difficulty based, Is this true for all skills on here. I was trying to macro up provoction and noticed that I could not provoke an animal onto myself so then I found a toad and mongbat that were seperated in the moonglow zoo so I provoked them over and over but no gains. Not really a big deal either way just trying to maximize my skill gains during beta.

I am used to macroing up things like anatomy and eval int but was told passive gains are working here so that might be a waste. What are the main skills I should be macroing up over night and what skills require actual hunting.

Will peacemaking be useful in this era....on OSI i had a peace tamer that was awesome but I dont remember the exact era I played it might have been UOR or AoS or something else.

Thanks for the help.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Runebooks will not be blessed here, and that wont change.

Certain skills are difficulty based here, such as provocation like you mentioned. A few of the guys in IRC have macro'd the skill and could give you the details of what worked for them (Rainbow).

Anatomy/eval int/meditation are passive, so no need to focus on those skills as they will gm naturally while working your other skills.

I made a peacemaker/dexer and it works well here. Definitely a viable PVM skill, especially with taming since monsters are smarter/harder here. I would imagine it would make your life quite a bit easier :)

Glad to see you on the server and hope to see you in IRC. :) INFO CAN BE FOUND HERE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235
  3. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

Peace dexer hmm been awhile since I have used the skill I guess you could peace a lich while you kill the LL real fast then clean up the lich?
  4. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For provo... provoke the bull onto the mongbat in the zoo. When that stops gaining, lure a troll into the zoo and provoke the frost troll onto the regular troll (This will stop gaining at 86 shown). The rest will need to be done in the real world. My advice his do cyclopses. You can GM off them
  5. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Correction. No need to lure a troll in. just Provo the frost troll onto the happy accross the way.
  6. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

ya worked great...part of the time there was a troll and sometimes just harpy or ratman on frost troll worked just fine up to 83.

Thanks