Server Status - 2-7-17 - Minor Connection Disturbances

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Feb 7, 2017.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'd <3 that... then I could play here again!
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Same data center, If they offer an east coast DDOS protected location, we would look into that. But for now we are in Cali.

We are working on a solution to this problem long term, but for now, with our limited resources we have to stay put. Moving to another data center would cost me $500-$1500 in money and time that our donations do not cover. While we understand this might result in a difference of 10,20,50ms. For a free server we have to play the long game, not the server hopping every 2 months that other pay to play servers attempt while chasing the connection dragon.

It is most likely a failing network card, all the normal stuff has been ruled out. Before I restarted the server yesterday our network card since we moved had sent 2.14 trillion packets to UOR players.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Last night it seemed like I could move around faster yet my ping is the same. UO just seemed to be running smoother after the last restart.

You have to troubleshoot your own hosting service providers hardware issues? Or your literally renting a "parking space" for your gear?
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Service companies' greatest strengths are in the blame game. You've gotta be able to point fingers with confidence and usually evidence, to get them to spend the money to fix some things.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
  5. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

QFT