Sew-N-Sprint results 4/7/14

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Ningauble, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

After a series of delays tonight the Sew-n-Sprint finally took place! A hard fought (?) battle of some of Britainia's finest craftsmen as our tailors competed for a share of 150,000 gold in prize money. Because of the delays I chose to go this event alone and not burden the staff with it so the turnout was small, but the competition was fierce! The last one back was the rotten egg that got eliminated for the next round.

Our first round featured the sewing and running talents of Armani, Kaia, Benton Ironforge, Eru Iluvatar, and John Lithgow. They were tasked with crafting a set of Grandmaster marked studded armor from normal leather. John Lithgow returned last.

For our second round, Armani, Benton, Eru, and Kaia were tasked with making ANOTHER set of studded armor. You know, because studded is so much fun to make they cheered. This time from Horned leather. Kaia returned last this time after losing precious time searching for horned on the wrong floor.

But cry not for our last place finishers, Lithgow and Kaia got to give it one more try for the finals during their losers bracket runoff race. They were tasked with searching the west tower for the cloth to make a jester suit. Kaia got redemption for the errors of the second round and finished handily in first place.

For the final round their task was simpler. A GM barbed leather suit. Kaia, Armani, Benton and Eru gave it quite a run, but sadly, Kaia's second chance proved to be not enough to save her.

The winners are as follows:

First place and a check for 75,000 gold: Benton Ironforge

Second place and a check for 50,000 gold: Eru Iluvatar

Third place and a check for 25,000 gold: Armani

I would like to thank our Urk antagonists of the evening for their continued harassment of our contestants and their merciful lack of ummie clompin.

Now some pictures:

hornedfloor.jpg

tailorwinners.jpg
    Freakzilla, Huzke, AlexCCCP and 3 others like this.
  2. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

barbedevent.jpg
    Jupiter and Wise like this.
  3. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

winningsecond.jpg
    Jupiter and Wise like this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Tailors of the land! Unfortunately I wasn't able to arrive in time to deliver the platinum reward. However you are still entitled to it as per my last minute flyer.

In order to ensure the platinum is delivered to the real tailors and not some imposter I will require that you craft a marked tunic of leather to claim it
  5. Harlow

Harlow New Member

My tailor was only 93 so I sat out, that's me with the blue sash chillin' in the back. Honestly this was alot of fun for my first time back since beta!
    ReZon likes this.
  6. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Next time you will be ready to compete Harlow! Of course it might be a while before I run another one like that, it took FOREVER to set up. Splitting up about 5000 leather into hundreds of bags, boxes, chests, crates, pouches, and backpacks across 3 floors of a tower was time-consuming to say the least.

The smaller turnout was nice actually as it enabled me to make the event a bit harder without fear of running short of materials. If the crowd had been larger, round one would have been leather armor instead of studded leather.

Time to start planning the next one, the first was pvp, the last 2 were crafting races, the next one will be some form of ghost-in event involving a fight against the Urks as the "house army". I'm thinking sometime in early May.

As always, thank you to everyone for participating and for the support of the Sosarian Event Center!
    Wise and ReZon like this.
  7. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

Benton Ironforge is my tailor and I was lucky enough to win first place. This event was a blast and I shudder to think of the meticulous effort that went into this.

Good times all around!
    Wise likes this.
  8. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

What a brilliant idea!!