Shard Status Update / Staff Changes

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, May 22, 2017.

1. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lol Snap isnt really gettin a statue dude :p
  2. Canis

Canis Well-Known Member

3. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

ive only been around for 2 weeks but this transparency is amazing.

also shows great character of the server culture as a whole, when the "world" jumps on this to help analyze (discrepancies in gold) and fix the problem (agree to undo sales). Looking out for the greater of the world is really special.

happy i found this place. game on!
  4. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Yep... Its a crazy place I really didn't believe that this could happen at first... Pretty sad
    newme likes this.
  5. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

You are a good guy ham. And also delicious.
    Azerothian, Taliic, newme and 7 others like this.
  6. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Excellent information, as always! Thank the staff for watching everything, corrupt officials in the bonfire !!!
    newme, Avery, shad and 3 others like this.
  7. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Gratz for unraveling the plot and dealing swiftly with such kind of corruption.
    Orion GM BD, shad, Valrick and 3 others like this.
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the hard work @Chris, it's amazing to see all the effort you're putting into making this shard the best around!

It's just very unfortunate that a few players have taken your hard work for granted, but the rest of us are really grateful for all the years of dedication!
  10. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

@Chris Thank you for taking the RP community into consideration like this.
    I know it was a concern for me and a lot of other people.
    glad to know it was on your mind as well.

speaking on the event that took place where PKers ran into problems...
    I can't condone the actions of the GM's.
    I'll say they overstepped the boundary in my opinion.
    and I won't comment on the PK's, for doing what they do.
    but I will make a comparison that I made to another person.
    some people remind me of THAT one guy who goes to the all you can eat buffet.
    he don't just eat a plate or two and enjoy the meal then pay and leave [or sneak out the bathroom window, in my case]
    he goes back for more and more until there is nothing left.
    then he complains to the manager that there wasn't enough food to appease him and that he's still hungry.
    he's on his 5th plate before others have even started their first.
    for this guy it's "the ME show" all day long.
    he is the sun and everyone else is in his orbit.
    newme, Pekka, eherruh and 4 others like this.
  11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Congrats Chris and shard on finding and fixing the situation! The transparency from the item database is an awesome feature of this shard and seems like it pays off constantly.
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

So that 2 Billions dent in the graph was not all the plats I get from air elem ? :(
    newme, Lightshade, ReZon and 2 others like this.
  13. Gossow

Gossow Well-Known Member

I'm glad I could help. I've seen too many private shards meet their demise due to corruption. Whether it's related to adding items and screwing the economy, or something as simple as watching what other players are doing to intercept on your player chars/alert friends, staffing should be considered a privilege and shouldn't be abused. UO:Renaissance is undoubtedly many of our last chance to truly appreciate a game during our favored era, and anyone who threatens that deserves everything they've got coming to them.

Just to reiterate what everyone else has already said; we all appreciate the tremendous amounts of hard work you put into this server, and to see one or two people (that were considered friends - probably the worst part of this) try to bring it all down is awful. Out of all the corruption I've witnessed in my UO career, I have never seen it resolved as quickly, professionally and with such transparency as Chris & other staff have dealt with this. You should all be very proud of what you've created here.

Long live UO:R! :)
    Azerothian, jumpman, newme and 11 others like this.
  14. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I thought so too, I mean you were double-boxing the air elemental spawn on both your random, and shadowjack characters!

:p
  15. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

16. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I share in the great gratitude for keeping the shard stability at the center focus!

I feel there is absolutely no room for such behaviors. It pains me to learn that the actions of these individuals extended so far beyond what I had understood.

I have a great affinity to the roleplay/adventure play-style, but there must be stability, transparency, and most of all respect for all such groups to co-exist. A shard full of "only" roleplayers is as appealing to me as a life-time supply of any <insert your favorite meal here> where in you can ONLY eat that meal.

The revised 'seer' propositions are much more apropos and are a great compromise. I can't think of any prior 'shard' adventure that I've lead, where those things would not have been sufficient if not far exceeded the assistance needed to make a great adventure.

Inclusion, Courage, Compassion, and most of all FUN are the pillars of Paws. I hope to keep them a long standing parapet of truth upon which the foundation of Paws is built.

I welcome staff assistance to help 'enhance' or 'enrich' the overall experience, and yet Paws adventures will always be planned first and foremost to allow the unpredictability of UO that I love. If we get rolled by a group of 'SUPERLEET' PKs who can 5v1 dump on a wizard with a shepherd's staff, I will give them the accolades they deserve in the write up :). If they choose to rather become part of the story, their laudation shall be all the greater. But never should a Paws adventure require staff intervention of player interactions.

Never should any person, regardless of their perceived or even actual grievances, attempt so bitter a retaliation. To take the higher path is to find a way to triumph in the face of adversity and overcome the system you oppose, not corrupt it to your will.

Be well UOR, long may you thrive, and long may you provide a haven for all UO'ers returning from the torrents of the Millennial turn of the world.

- Jupiter
    Azerothian, jumpman, Althorn and 16 others like this.
  17. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I was absolutely unaware of any of these dealings. Glad there's vigilant players paying attention to suspicious activity. There is absolutely no room for any of that here, and I add my self to the long list of members who applaud @Chris's openess and transparency. I think that this sort of response and unrequired/unrequested information is greatly appreciated by the playerbase.

Long live UOR!!
    Azerothian, newme, Lightshade and 2 others like this.
  18. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

So, who were the cheaters? I didn't see any names.
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  19. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Hello Chris
    Whats happen with items i bought in the cove vendors?
    I loose them?
    Also, thank you for your awesome good works here. :)
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    newme likes this.
  20. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

Human nature is a crazy thing!

"Why would a vet cheat and risk everything for, compared to what they already have, so little?" Someone once asked me.

1. Because they can.
    2. Because they believe they will get away with it.

If you trust 1000s of years of philosophy, there seems to be agreement that there is no good and there is no evil. One can see the world in black and white, or through rose-tinted glasses, but the lens does not change the object.

A "good" person can and will do "bad" things.

A "bad" person can and will do "good" things.

It is the constant push and pull of reason versus emotion, desire and necessity against morality, etc etc. LORD HELP US WE HAVE NO CONTROL ONLY THE ILLUSION OF CONTROL.