Should bosses drop in all areas of spawn

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by FreeHugger, May 11, 2018.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

One likes this.
  2. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

I look at the age of the thread and immediately give up hope.

Ahhh well.
  3. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

i think your suggestion in the OP is good - just have to build on it
  4. Six.spirit

Six.spirit Active Member

I believe bosses only spawn in specific spots so that newer players or less powerful templates(non-tamers, etc) don't get locked out of spawns when a boss shows up that they can't kill.
  5. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I can see not having it on Occlo Isle or something. The idea of a boss for everything is actually catered as much to new players as to veteran players, anyways. A hind "boss" wouldn't exactly be a newbie wrecking machine just like the Harpy Boss is one of the easier bosses. They'd be scaled according to the type of monster/beast just like they are now with some bosses being mini bosses and so on. Besides, we all see what happens when a boss spawns that someone can't handle as it is.....a blast in IRC and some vet or PK's come in and clean things out and 30 minutes later all is normal.

In addition to the everything has a boss spawn, it'd be nice to unlock an achievement for killing every creatures boss, also. Perhaps tiers for each level of difficulty.
    One likes this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  7. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Or how about some new bosses custom tailored for non-Tamers... It shouldn't be that hard to make a couple bosses with high health, low damage, and with a special attack that shreds tames and summonable pets (including BS and EV).

- High health because it's a boss, duh
    - Low damage so dexxers could stand toe to toe with it... maybe enough damage to pose a serious threat to a single dexxer (without parry?), but not too much for cross healing

How about a high bard skill so you can't peace or provoke it for easy kills...