Should GHeal wands have a cool down between uses *POLL*

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pill, Sep 16, 2017.

Should Greater Heal wands have a cool down between uses?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2017.
  1. Yes

76.9%
  2. No

23.1%
  1. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

If a dexer wants to cast GHeal repeatedly, he/she should get magery. Otherwise, UO changes from skill-based pvp (which is one of the defining characteristics of the game) to item-based pvp, which is what you see in nearly all of the recent mmorpgs. This is one of the primary things I disliked about UOSA - it was all about who had the biggest stock of wands, magic reflect/invis jewelry etc.. I am ok with item usage to an extent, but I think tasteful moderation is key.
    Animal Control and One like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Ive been a hard core PVPer in the past (OSI and freeshards from a decade ago, jut not yet on OUR). I know the culture inside out. Ive had dedicated PKs with many thousand kills, and was really into factions, guild wars, and chaos/order, whatever is available to start a fight.

Healing wands are a rich person's game, and force pvp generally towards the direction of being a game for the wealthy. It basically amounts to dropping a significant pile of cash for instant heals.

It absolutely needs a recast timer.

[edit]
    Though, like some others, I too re-read the thread after posting, and again should stress I havent joined in PVP on UOR specifically yet, and am just extrapolating from my experiences in OSI's "Renaissance" release of UO. Most of the freeshards Ive played on were pre-mounts, and pvp is also quite different (and way more fun!) without mounts.

I therefore would prefer no changes occur that restrict number of viable templates, as pvp template diversity is highly important imo.
    [/edit]

This ^

To add another $0.02 to what I was saying above, I dont consider pots a rich man's game. Yes, wealthy people can just buy tons. But brute force determination can get you an alt that produces tons of pots for you, and sells the surplus for funds to make more pots. It is therefore possible for the poor player to compete at this level, with enough time. You can't craft GH/H wands yourself, only farm them (lol) or buy them.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    One likes this.
  3. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

How silly is it that we have some fairy wands to run and cast for free that aren't interruptible?
    When you get bored of chasing people down who are spamming gheal wands, you're going to truly realize how out of place they are.
    One and Animal Control like this.
  4. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Point is there is a lot better changes that could be made to effect pvp here.

This conversation is great but out of everything we can't single out Gheal wands. If that was the case put cooldowns on all potions and wands as well, mana drain wands make scribes templates trash why no cooldown on them? If refresh had cool downs would stun mages be as OP?

There is tons of stuff you could consider or do.
  5. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Certainly a valid argument.
    One and Animal Control like this.
  6. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

That being said until they do change things... This will be me with my wands & pots every night & every morning that I happen to log on here lol.

The PVPERS CREED

Theodin likes this.
  7. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

change ur item delay if ur looking for a challenge
    Althorn likes this.
  8. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Lol dude your videos are fucking on point
    Animal Control likes this.
  9. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member