Show off your Bank Box!

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Air, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Pill doesn't even come out to fight with me 1v1 anymore, no one else in the tower does either :(

Which makes me sad, Pill and I had some fun fights a while back.

Then again, a lot of folks only fight when they are guaranteed or think they are guaranteed to win, which is boring in the long run. Maybe my mentality is still geared like Napo was saying a long while back to a time when most people didn't gear up with full top level armor, have razor, a lot of time not have pots, and would just grab some regs or bandies or a force-vanq wep and go at it.

Fighting people is fun, I don't understand how it always turns into this gank fest / forum hate type thing.

Maybe you guys should stop being so goddamn pro and just get back to basics and enjoy the game on a more simple level.

[​IMG]
    Jean-Pierre and One like this.
  2. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

MOAR 2v2 and 1v1 Trophies than anyone!... besides Pax... amfeKk_12-7_21.25.jpg

Priceless...
    ebola and Jack of Shadows like this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    willie, Kane and Jack of Shadows like this.
  4. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  5. Jack of Shadows

6. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

I haven't been on a lot lately. Off and on, but rl has been kicking my ass and keeping me busy, so it's hard to dedicate as much time as I once did. I definitely still enjoy it and play as much as time allows, however.
    Bamilus and Jack of Shadows like this.
  7. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

Lol @ jack with the test center post
    LanDarr likes this.
  8. Jack of Shadows

[​IMG]
    LanDarr likes this.
  9. Air

Air Well-Known Member

Ok, so we have identified the problem with PvP on UOR.

Instead of having those awesome, random, and super cool field fights, the community has decided to turtle-up...for the most part. Meaning everyone travels in packs now, with the exception of a few.

This has become the norm. So let's explore why this strange evolution of pvp has come to exist...

ok, I figured it out. Team Trammel (TT, SL, HK) has decided to supplement their lack of skills, by increasing their numbers to make up for their shortcomings. I am not suggesting that none of TT can PvP, because they have some really amazing and fast skilled people....

So why has this group turtled up? It is pretty obvious that death/kill/and faction points are more important than having fun...its kind of like when a kid grows up always getting his toys taken from him, he becomes an adult and has a complex exhibited by the shadowlords. Afraid to take any risk on fear or losing their precious points...news flash...UO is a game of risk, hence the reason we are in Felucia.

Will things ever change? I hope so, but I seriously doubt it. Because, over the last year, our guys in CoM have tried different ideas to overcome the dominating SL group. Here are some that twe've tried and their results :

1st, We increased our numbers by recruiting new players and training PvMers into PvPers.
    Result: failed. shadowlords increased their numbers to double ours.

2nd, we formed a temporary alliance with other factions to combat the extremely large number of shadowlords.
    Result: failed. Shadowlords increased their numbers again and renamed all of their characters to "a dank nuggett".

3rd, we started to go after sigils to gain control of towns.
    Result: fail. Shadowlords have successfully exploited the faction guard system. They are able to use faction guards in town at CoM base to assist them and their 25 players to destroy our ginormous team of 6 people.

There are a lot more things that we have done, and were unsuccessful, but typing in this forum while trying to get some work done is difficult, especially on my phone.

The moral of the story is, no matter what anyone will do on this server, you can never expect to get a "fair fight" from SL. Fair fight meaning, if you are in bucs den, and you see a TT member....you attack them 1v1, thats fair. Unfortunately they WILL run in circle for a minute while the rest of them recall in and gank. ThEN they stand in front of your tower and talk crap about house hiding...lol I swear the cheese has slid off of some of these guys crackers o_0

They will always outnumber you or not show up at all. We have spent countless nights waiting for them, just to be let down because we had even mumbers. Also, They seem to have 6-10 people online at all times. I am convinced they all live in the same house and have bunkbeds in the computer room and they are on a shift schedule.

I give Credit where credit is due, and yes...they have won the pvp game on this shard, sorta. Unfortunately, its real lonely on top of that mountain. Especially when you had to sacrifice all of your honor and respect to get there.

Heres to you SL, congratulations on a job well done.

Attached Files:

Skynyrd2 and ebola like this.
  10. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

sounds like lack of effort.
  11. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

You realize we scored over a dozen kills last night fighting people who don't spend all their time crying on the forum afterward? PvP goes on here whether you're a part of it or not, go cry in your corner while we have fun fighting people who aren't afraid to get out and scrap.
  12. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

LOL
    DaVinci, Valrick and Mes like this.
  13. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Uhh Gideon, that's not a bank box... keep it on topic bro !
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

WE DID IT SHADOWLORDS!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  15. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

16. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Well-Known Member

I miss those days! The era of the naked mage and naked dexxer. Grab a semi-decent weapon (even just a gm crafted one), some bandages or regs and then get out there and fight. Potions had a longer cooldown and didn't stack so if you actually grabbed some pots you only grabbed a couple. If you died no big deal, it was fun! Plus it helped develop a knack for learning some interesting tactics to cause your opponent(s) to do something stupid even if they had better equipment.

That all is still possible here from what I've seen. It's not incredibly common anymore like it used to be and will result in you getting steam-rolled by semi-large groups of people from PVP guilds from time to time, but it is still possible to just grab some basic essentials and go out & have fun.

Semi-large or large group fighting here seems to be the biggest thing though, and that's OK. I know a lot of people like that type PVP. I've always preferred either solo or maybe 2 or 3 tops on bigger servers. Hmm...just reminiscing about the old days I guess :p

Also, here's my thief's bank box. It was recently cleaned up a bit. All the the fairly recently acquired weapons before were just tossed randomly in the main bank part. I need to dropoff all the weapons at a house again soon though...it's getting crowded in there. So time to move them to a random spot on the floor of a house.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Jack of Shadows likes this.
  17. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member

All I gotta say is... DAYUM LOOK AT DAT HUE 1150 HAIR!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Muricah'
  18. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This bank box thread doesn't have enough pretentious whack-ass tardaloons filling it up with personal and utterly unrelated PvP drama.

0/10 - sorry, just keepin it real
    Bamilus and MikeK like this.
  20. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    wylwrk likes this.