Skara Brae - Horror in the Wheat Fields

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

First this tail could not exist with out the contribution of MANY. All of whom I cannot name
    but some of whom I shall, see below. Please note most of these folks just met me today during the event.

Without any prior indroduction of one another most of us were able to band together and get the job done!

Also, this is a Hybrid story. If you don't like my poor writing style, you can skip to the EPICS! :)

Agurzil - The murderer who fought and fell
    Chayka Kaq'lla - The murderer who avenged Azgurzil
    Snap Dragon - the youngling who stared in the face of evil and didn't blink
    Lord Narsaeus - the dragon lord
    Halberd - The Forgotten Hero
    Chiefoah - WOAH.
    Cuzco Yupanki - The Incan Warrior. Dread Weapon of the Incan Empire
    Sir Orrin - Knight in training, Keeper of the Sapphire Pond
    Marquis - The minstrel of OoO
    The Lady Aine - Lady Aine the Soft-spoken. Her gentle voice can calm and soothe any beast (men and dragon alike)
    Rebel - The man without a horse
    DaxX - The Sullen Hero.
    Johari - King of AFK (I think he was here at some point)

==================================================================

It had not yet been a full day since Victor Magnus had concluded his training. To him every thief appeared to have the face of a giant toad, but he admitted that was probably due to the fact that his chief instructor made him stare at the face of a horny toad the entire time he trained. He barely set foot over the Gungfarmer's Bridge into Britain and he could almost feel the corruption as his foot set upon the cobblestone road. Thieves would no longer freely practice their trade beneath his watch.

He quickly dispatched several thieves, but his patrol when he heard the town crier begin shouting "Hear Ye! Warriors of the land! Skara Brae is undersiege!" Victor approached Kiona the crier, and noticed a small tear glistened from her as she called, no pleaded for help. The announcement she bore indeed came by the king's order, but the plea was her own. Clearly she had some kin there in Skara Brae.

"What is the nature of this disturbance?" Victor inquired. Startled, Kiona fought back the sobs that she was clearly suppressing so that she could fulfill her town crier duties, "Oh it is god awful! I, I don't know what else to say. My sister works in the wheat fields near Skara Brae. The king's announcement that I have doesn't say anything specific, but I overheard the guards who delivered it to me speak of a dreadful spire that was born of a great pit within the wheat fields. I.. I don't know if.. my sister.."

Moved by Kiona's ordeal, Victor knew at that moment that his hunt for thieves was now trivial. Although he had not prepared for anything of this sort, Victor raced back over Gungfarmer's bridge to the King's portal. He only hoped whatever evil was in Skara had not managed to shut down the ancient Sosaria portals...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night grew dim as Victor searched the outskirts of the city for any sign of survivors. If any had survived whatever plague this was, they would have had to made their way inland to the gates, or east into the wilds; he saw no evidence that any refugees who had gone east would live through the night.

He heard a rustling from behind the trees and moved closer to investigate. The sound was unmistakable, like that of a glutton feasting upon fatted dumplings and a platter of noodles, but who would set up such a feast out here in the woods and under these circumstances? He peared from behind a tree he saw an emaciated figure hunched over what was clearly a human body. Then over the mushing sounds of the feast he heard bones breaking; this thing was consuming the flesh of another human!

But before he could loose his hammer pick from his side, he heard a cry, "BACK YOU! BE GONE!" The fair maiden who would introduce herself as Snap Dragon flung her short javenlin into the crouched man's chest sending him to the ground and pinning it there. She looked up to Victor, "Well don't stand there! Help me! it won't stay pinned down for long!"

Victor froze for a moment in shock, then Snap Dragon swung seeing he made no motion, took his pick from his belt and smashed it into the corpses skull sending the contents of his cranium splattering around the forest meadow.

"What is this? Doesn't the man even deserve a trial?" Victor asked, desperately trying to reconcile his sense of justice with the scene before him.

"That was no man," Snap Dragon asserted, "the town is overrun with these things, these creatures of abomination... they have somehow managed to forge the river between the mainland. I fear nobody within the city limits will make it through the night."

Shaking the awe from himself, Victor looked to this found warrior, "Then together we shall ensure the lives of any whom we can. I was sent here to try and find the sister of Kiona, the town crier in Britain. Will you help me...." he paused waiting for a name

"You can call me Snap Dragon, and yes, I would consider my life forfeit if I do not give it in aide of your quest. Come let me introduce you to the others we've gathered. We've a small force that has managed to clear out a suitable area for defense against this army."

A pit of worry hit Victor at the mention of an Army. There were more than just a few of these creatures?!

----------------------------------------------------

Snap Dragon and Victor stepped into the clearing where there was a small group of armed men standing close with their attention clearly facing outwards towards the perimeter of their small camp. Victor clearly noticed that everyone was on edge. "Don't mind them," Snap Dragon spoke in hushed tones, "they are all on edge because on top of this blighted army, there are two murderers that managed to get themselves trapped in the village too. And despite our attempts to persuade them to drop their evil ways to help us survive, these men - Azguril and Chayka Kaq'lla have been trying to steal our rations and kill us too!"

Before they could reach the group, two men came crashing out of the woods. Victor immediately noticed two men who stood apart from the group, marked with the red tatoos. Clearly men who had forsaken the King's law and chosen to take the life of the innocent.

The entire force of the camp raced after them and Victor followed, but was quickly separated from the group, a mistake he would learn never to repeat....

-----------------------------------------------------

EPICS!

Victor finishes his patrol before hearing word of evil in Skara Brae
    [​IMG]

Victor arrives on scene and something doesn't feel right. Why are the citizens crying out for help?
    [​IMG]

Snap Dragon charges out of the forest to save Victor from the evil thing!
    [​IMG]

Wandering - where is everyone? Where have the guards gone?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark nights and Murderous fights! - Agurzil fights bravely but falls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Victor falls to Agurzil's comrade Chayka!
    [​IMG]

A black knight emerges!
    [​IMG]

Fighting Along side a powerful Incan Warrior, Victor finally finds a groove which lasts throughout the night! As daylight approached their weapons still sang the ballad of the warriors might!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Atop the Spire!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trapped between a few boxes and a flesh eating CORPSE!
    [​IMG]

The incan gift! Victor receives a weapon that is more powerful than ANYTHING he's ever known.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoyment had by all!
    [​IMG]
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

A glorious tale! :p
  3. orb

orb Active Member

Is the fortress gone?