skill check

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by KIT, May 24, 2017.

1. KIT

KIT Member

Hi ~ it's me again, sorry i have quite a lot of questions these days....

here are two of my characters' skills and stat, can someone please give me some instruction if i am doing anything wrong?

Character A
    ANA 100
    Fencing 100
    Tactics 100
    Healing 100
    Magery 100
    Wrestling 100
    Resist spell 9x
    STR 100
    DEX 65
    INT 60

Character B
    Animal Lore 100
    VET 100
    Animal Tame 8x
    Mag 100
    Med 100
    Music 100
    Peacemaking 100
    Str 90
    DEX 50
    Int 85

one more question, can anyone please share the Mare spots?
  2. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

I have not played in quite a while and am only starting off again but if your aim here is for those characters to be pvm characters, then "back then" (OSI days) i would have built them like this:

A:
    Anatomy 100
    Fencing 100
    Tactics 100
    Healing 100
    Magery 100
    Musi 100
    Provo 100
    STR 100
    DEX 80
    INT 45

(Dunno about wrestling in your build, without evaluating intelligence, you are only going to use magery for utility stuff anyway, so not a long time spent without a weapon in your hand, so why bother with wrestling? and by picking up provo you dont need resist spells as well, since the monsters are going to hit each other not you. obviously you are more susceptible to pvp ganks, but a hotkeyed invis/recall should work fine.)

By moving provo to your first character your don't have to split your attention as much on your 2nd, so i'd suggest:

Character B
    Animal Lore 100
    Animal Taming 100
    Mag 100
    Med 100
    Eval Int 100
    Wrestling 100
    Resist Spells 100
    Str 80
    DEX 45
    Int 100

This character is now a full on mage/tamer with wrstling for defense and resist spells to be a bit more beefy in pvp especially. Also Evel int makes your in vas mani hit reasonably hard to compensate for not vet, but has the added benefit of your offensive spells actually hurting ;)

All in all both builds you posted can work of course but to me they seem a bit muddled. please wait for someone else to weigh in though, as i might be off base due to my long hiatus.

sorry i no longer have the mare spots in the top of my head, someone else will have to weigh in.
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Concerning Character B:

Thats a very viable template! Of course you would neet to get Taming to GM. Some people will probably tell you that peace on a tamer isn't as useful as Provocation or Discordance, but if you are fine with it, why not. My template looks almost the same (Disco instead of Peace/although I am thinking about dropping disco for provo). I would suggest dropping Dex to 40. AFAIK you get 4 second heals with Vet with 40 Dex. I don't think there is a benefit from 50 Dex.

Here are the mare spots:

http://uorforum.com/threads/nightmare-spawn-locations.2016/#post-160790
  4. KIT

KIT Member

thanks for all your comments...
    A is for PVP
    B is for hunting and earning money...

i know Snooping ups DEX quickly.
    But which skill i use can up INT and STR?

thanks
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Character A:

I don't think it's worth having 60 int with only magery and no med or eval. You would be turning down a lot of dex that would be better than the 2 extra casts of greater heal or whatever you get.

Wrestle/anat on a dexer is neat, stun punch can be fun, but its really good for group character. You can tstun punch someone then equip a weapon without a considerable delay. You might get 1 hit in, or 2 with a kryss. Probably better off just using a spear for the para blow and dropping wrestling.

If you just have wrestle for defence while you cast, UOR has a thing where anat and eval both at gm is the same (for defense) as GM wrestling. So you're definitely better off doing mage/eval + 5x dexer.

Character B:
    Get 51 dex and you get another .5 seconds shorter for vetting a pet.

Since you have vet, pets taking damage isnt a big deal really. So peacemaking isnt really worth it, you just heal them right? Better off going with discordance in this case.

camping will do both and is pretty fast. Use dagger on tree to get kindle, use kindle to "camp"
    Valrick likes this.
  6. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I firmly believe for a tamer eval/resist take away from optimal Gold Per Minute capabilities. Where peacemaking isn't a huge skill on a tamer, Provoke and Discord (enticement) ARE!

Provo tamers can tackle some great hunting spots with ease, but these spots are also often farmed already by other provo tamers. Provo tamers are also super great at doing champ spawns and plat is life.

Discord (Enticement) tamers can really do amazing things. Some super hard monsters become really manageable and being able to solo farm some of the toughest monsters in the game really spreads out the variety in farming!

If you get good with wand usage you can also stand ground against pks in realistic numbers

FWIW: i rarely ever use my provo tamer, only for champ spawns. The discord tamer way more fun, and makes farming a breeze.
  7. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Herding works for strenght and you can macro it quite easily. I used Eva Int for raising Int (easy macroable too). I think camping works best for all three stats, but I have never done that - maybe someone else can shed light on this question?

I think @Shosara has made some good remarks concerning template A:

This is basically a dexxer with Magery. IMHO no wrestling needed as you probably won't rely on Magery in a PvP fight (no meditation, so you won't cast much anyways). Dex should be 100! Especially with fast fencing weapons (probably poisoned?).

Edit: @snap dragon explained it in detail, so just ignore my 5 cents regarding your dexxer.
  8. KIT

KIT Member

character A probably a PK character, so Wrestling is for Stun Punch. I will up the DEX as long as i get GM resist. because i need the character to cast level 7 spell to gain resist.

for the tamer character, peacemaking in my thought, was using to peace make the dragons and mare so that i can tame them easier...
    is this a wrong way?
    i was thinking, after i got 2 dragons with 1 mare, farming is just a piece of cake...
  9. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Just to quickly weigh in here, since this is news to me: you need both evel int and anat to be able to drop wrestling? or does one suffice?

Is this the only combo of skills that works this way, or are there others? This obviously opens up way more skill combinations!
  10. KIT

KIT Member

by the way for character A (PVP)

if i drop my INT down to 25 and gain my DEX up to 1oo. So i can only cast the spell up to circle 6.
    Actually i can also drop my Magery, is that correct?