Skill Training - Gold Sink Suggestion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mr. Green, Nov 13, 2018.

Does a system like this sound beneficial to the server and players?

1. Yes, let's figure out the details!

16.7%
  2. No, it would hurt the player economy.

25.0%
  3. No. [please explain]

58.3%
  1. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ok, I can understand your point of view for regs. There's still other resources like cotton, iron, lumber, etc that can't be obtained unattended due to the AFK gumps.
    Mr. Green likes this.
  2. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I also think this bull retaming system is not healthy to the shard ecosystem. I have just one tammer and i am proud to say that i raised til 98(so far) without any retaming... just running the fields with my animal chart. The time i spend doing it makes my experience even more pleasurable. I don't like to see those scenarium of players raising skill isolated in your bubble and just putting your face on the streets after gmed everything... in a perfect world the afk system could be raised to another macroing activities.
    Mr. Green likes this.
  3. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

While you may find raising skills pleasuresble some people would just like to get in the action right away.

Either way this rule change has no affect on me so I don't care if it goes through or not
    Valrick, Mr. Green and Evil Dead like this.
  4. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

But once we get 6/7th char slots a LOT of players will be! I’d support it if it releases, but if it doesn’t I can understand that train of thought too.

“What char will you never make again valrick?”

“Treasure mapper, ugh lockpicking in dungeons again no damn way”

I’d totally pay up for some of that work to go away.

I just foresee a crapload of instatamers covering all dungeons. The dislike of raising taming is what keeps some people out of my farming spots :)
    Mr. Green likes this.
  5. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

You're a better man than me. Raising taming up to bull-territory was a painful experience for me. So much that I don't even want to make a 2nd or 3rd tamer even though I know how op it is.

Not gonna lie, if this feature was released I would certainly make 2 more gamers. And I think everyone else would too, and I'm not sure that's such a great thing.
    Mr. Green and Xavant_BR like this.
  6. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Oh yeah i am not planning build a tammer so soon... but someday i will make a tamer fishers dont want to run a 3 account fishing.. another thing that i didn't like.
  7. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Gold sink yes, it is needed at some point! but I don't like the idea of buying skillpoints.
    Mr. Green likes this.