Smooth Move Fails & Funnies

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by jihad joe, May 13, 2019.

1. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member
    UO:R Donor

So, I thought it would be interesting to see some of the dumb things you've done and see who's brave enough to admit it.

When I started my first goal was to get a pair of blessed black sandals. After weeks of grinding away at fishing from the bank and turning in BODs I had acquired both a bless deed and a pair of sandals. It was at Ocllo bank where I would unite these two items into one. As I attempted to bless my sandals, they turned regular ole brown and blessed. Immediately I paged a GM and swore something strange and obscure had happened. As the GM showed up we couldn't find resolution and I was left with a regular pair of blessed sandals. Sitting there pissed off, I glanced at my other screen where razor had been running a loop macro "Target by type: sandals" leftover and somehow retriggered from me filling my last BOD to score my bless deed... Then as I looked at my journal log I had noticed a thief stole my sandals as soon as I put them in my pack.
    What can ya do?

Anyways, thanks for reading and your share funnies below if you have any.
    Spankrox, Rheanon, Delphyne and 5 others like this.
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I bought Leprechaun sandals for 3.5 mil - This overlaps all my blunders ... 2 weeks after this transaction there was an event about which I completely forgot and these sandals began to be sold at 300-500k
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    SativaGreen, Rheanon, E1000 and 4 others like this.
  3. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

A couple days ago I decided to sell that log cabin near hidden valley. In 4 months of living there I never saw a single person so I ventured out my front door with my keys in hand to take a few screenshots. A PK arrives as I step out of the troll cave and murders me. He reses me and instead of just waiting for him to leave the area I run back to my house to change the locks. He picks up on this and promptly murders me again and gains entry to my house. Fortunately there wasn’t much for him to steal other than about 900 gold but it was still a dumb move.
    One, Rheanon, Miami and 3 others like this.
  4. Steady Mobbin

This thread may as well just turn into my daily diary.

So that log cabin im selling? Yeah, I'm a moron and I guess my mind was on auto pilot while I was in a conversation in discord and instead of "change this houses locks" I picked "demolish this house". That was a fun 15 minutes picking everything up and moving it out of the way to replace the log.

MO-RON!
    Spankrox, Kiryana, One and 5 others like this.
  5. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Most recently, randomly stole a CBD off someone and instead of just leaving I decided to fight back and died only to lose it.
    O'Malley, Kiryana, Rheanon and 5 others like this.
  6. tjenerro

tjenerro New Member

The first handful of of serpents I fished up I never snagged the MiB off of them. I thought it was a bottle of ale and couldn't be bothered.
    Miami, Rheanon, Zyler and 2 others like this.
  7. Arcanias

Arcanias Well-Known Member

On separate occasions and accidentally, I have either ran, gated, or recalled into town with a red character.

#stonerlife #pothead #memoryloss #420
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I gated my whole team into guard zone by mistake.... got them all gwhacked.

... and I'm known for getting people places.

Ultra fail.
  9. SativaGreen

PKing during the Moonglow Elemental Invasion a few nights ago:
    • Cast Explosion on a player as they went through a gate and got instantly Guard-wacked... while in stat.
    PKing at Deciet Lich Lords:
    • Went back to loot after we killed a player. Lured the Liches into the next room then died running away from the Silver Serpent to TRAPS... while in stat.
    One, Arcanias, Kiryana and 2 others like this.
  10. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I frequently queue target self, and then explo myself shortly thereafter.

Also, on more than one occasion, I have pulled out what I meant to be a gheal wand, so that I can heal myself in a dangerously low state of health, and find myself very confused as lightning begins to strike my already battered husk. Wrong wand. Oops.
    Balian, One, Arcanias and 2 others like this.
  11. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

So more recently, I decided to go break out my 7x healing nox mage I made a few years ago and never played. I got rolled twice in a row before I realized I had never worked my stats. :cool:
    Kiryana likes this.
  12. Steady Mobbin

13. Balian

Balian Active Member

Fought @Invoker my first week here & tried to dispel him because that’s how we debuffed players on my last server.
    Invoker, Althorn, NCCML and 3 others like this.
  14. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Lol I can only imagine his irl reaction
  15. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member

On the first day of the 3rd year anniversary I logged in to see what kinds of goodies I had waiting for me. Got all excited about this one piece of clothing and started running all around town with it on just to look at it.

Ended up forgetting that I hadn't blessed it yet and recalled into Shame (oh the irony) for some early morning farming and was soon after greeted by our beloved Pork Fried Rice. Funny thing was that it still hadn't occurred to me that I was wearing a fresh piece of unblessed anni gear while fighting the bastard. Had a really good time though, died in the end, lost the clothing, and thought of the moment I could have just recalled out.

Fast times in UO, high.
  16. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

One time I was in a dungeon, I forget which one, and there was one of the more notorious pk's of the time chasing me. I'm wanting to say it was either Bart or Pork Fried Rice, or Genocide. Anyway, I narrowly escaped death by going back through a gate through town, with very little HP left. I emerged from the gate thinking YEAAAH!!!! I"M ALIVE!!! then

*BOOM*

EAAAUGGGGGH!!!!!

*grey screen*

The pk managed to get an explo on me the second I made it through the gate, then I got blasted on the other side as I emerged. I'm sure it was probably pretty funny for any bystanders lol.
    SativaGreen, Ouroboros and Blendax like this.
  17. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

@PaddyOBrien I've definitely had that happen a few times! I've also seen sort of the opposite. Once, I got cornered while farming ice fiends. I managed to gate myself and my pets out with like 3 hp left... and then I see lightning strike and a guard show up. Turns out, the PK clicked the gate (whether mistakenly or in an attempt to follow me, I don't know). I found it hilarious.
  18. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

When I first started using tamers I had my "all kill" hotkey right next to "greater heal." A guildie had invited me to do some pet resist in his keep. He was pulling in a shadow elemental and it started hitting him and I saw he was low on life. So in an effort to hurry up and heal him, I hit the wrong key and my dragons killed him.

I was a guest in a player's house and was AFK. He dropped a blessed runebook on the ground and my scavenger picked it up. The next day when he asked me for it I of course gave it back to him [I didn't consider for even a second to keep it]. A short while layer this player quit and deleted everything, including that rune book :(

Someone set me up with a cool new attack macro that uses last target. I had initially put it on one of my letter keys ("k" I think) and while taming some bulls at Britain farms. I was approached by some annoying player (I forget what he said, but I didn't l like him for some reason, and this was prior to what happened next) but I accidentally hit it, dumped on a bull I had just tamed, and got guard whacked right in front of him. My corpse was grey and so he got some free regs.

And finally, there is the time that accidentally gated @El Horno and his pets to an impossible-to-survive death trap...
  19. SativaGreen

Forgot to refresh my boat while I was actively fishing on and it just plopped into the water randomly. Nearly full of serpent loot.
    Ouroboros, Kiryana and Chafe like this.
  20. SativaGreen

Hahah. I've gotten a kill or two on someone that recalled while my Energy Bolt was still registering damage to them. Got the "You have lost a lot of karma" murder message a few seconds after they disappeared.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.