Solution to unusued housing: ONLY homeowner's account can refresh

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SativaGreen, May 20, 2020.

1. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Kos, Stormhold, and PAWs have WAY too much UOR history. PAWs I believe is grandfathered and will not decay, if Stormhold & Kos village isn't grandfathered yet maybe Lightshade and Vlar should put in the request. Such beautiful UOR history and very well decorated. It would be so sad to see history crumble :(

Maybe we should add a large copper reward to stop decay? 100K copper? 1M copper?
  2. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

History can be represented in ways other than taking up HUGE swaths of available landmass where NEW history can be forged.
    MikeK and Kiryana like this.
  3. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

I bet the KOS houses used to be actual KOS members until lightshade had that toddler temper tantrum a few years ago and gutted the guild. He just keeps refreshing him. And probably ducky
    MikeK, Kiryana and One like this.
  4. Malachi

Malachi Member

"Land of the Fallen"

When a historical site collapses, the house disappears from Britannia as it should but the house and all of its contents are copied and mirrored as-is to the "Land of the Fallen." This can either be a physical world where players can walk around and visit the legendary houses in their original glory, or perhaps a "Revenant of the Fallen" will spawn and wander around in the house's former location until it is killed, in which it opens a gate to an instanced copy of the house. The gate functions like a normal moongate and the Revenant respawns so players can continue to visit the house.
    MikeK, Aurelian, Pedigar and 2 others like this.
  5. TreeHugger

I'm never one for trammel or something, but THIS could work. Outside the box as all hell, creative as all hell, and gives the staff the ability to have some fun.
    MikeK, Malachi and Pedigar like this.
  6. SteelyDan

I don't think there is any other way to represent KoS, Stormhold, and Paws history better than those homes. NEW history can be forged elsewhere, maybe in a small 8x8 or cozy villa located on a swamp.

God Bless you Lightshade and I do hope all is well with your water issues. I've been through a flood myself and logging into UOR forums with a hot cup of coffee to read stupid is no way to start the morning.

May the next topic bless you with good fortune.
    BlackEye, fooka03 and Lightshade like this.
  7. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

<<<For me, as a new player, this sounds insulting.
    MikeK, Holden, Witchcraft and 3 others like this.
  8. TreeHugger

We should represent these famous guilds the way they represent themselves now, by removing their shit from the server or moving into textbooks/museums like humans have done for a zillion years.
    Out with the old. In with the new.
    MikeK, Ravn, Poogoblin and 8 others like this.
  9. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

You are a true UOR hero, sir.
  10. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

What a stupid take. If you all don't want to be forgotten then become active. Seems like you all would rather the shard close down before being forgotten in a private UO server. Your post screams of narcissism.
    MikeK and Kiryana like this.
  11. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Sums the guy up
    MikeK and Poogoblin like this.
  12. TreeHugger

The history of this server only goes as far back as your last day played. Absolutely ignorant to think that people deserve some kind of reward like, for example, houses that never drop, because they did something for a year, or two or three... 6 years ago. Let it go. Hoard in RL if you need too. Fill your house up with dead cats and dirty diapers. Get on TLC if you want to be remembered. Refreshing houses and clinging to shit from people that don't even have the game installed is about as ignorant as you can get.
    Pedigar and Kiryana like this.
  13. SteelyDan

I mean we have a difference in opinion and saying mine is stupid is not very nice :(. KOS's plots of land wont make the server closed down. Its a huge map with plenty of land. If you could not buy or place housing maybe Id see your point but thats not the problem. Inactive players have a right to refresh until they return and if they don't return you will most likely see their house decay.

1) You can buy larger homes. Maybe not for deed but it gives NEWER players a decent goal.
    2) You can easily place villa and down
    3) IDOCs still happen
    4) Try PMing a house owner "Dearest Lightshade, Your lovely YEW fortress is so nice and I would love to own it. Will you sell it" Throwing Hissy fits on forums typically gets you nowhere.

From reading all these stupid unused housing topics I think some of you just want certain spots you can't have. The days of running around like cowboys placing keeps and forts are over!
    BlackEye and Andrakus like this.
  14. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

:rolleyes:
  15. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

@SteelyDan I'm starting to wonder if you aren't completely right about that. A bunch of old standing grudges over spots and coveting goes a long way.
    SteelyDan likes this.
  16. SteelyDan

Just a bunch of sour grape chronic complainers who think they are entitled to more.
  17. TreeHugger

Could care less about spots. My house is a villa and I love it.

I do care that with a player base of 500 people you cant place a large brick because everything is taken.
    Pedigar likes this.
  18. SteelyDan

19. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

If you are content with your home what exactly are you complaining about? Theres literally tons of places you can place a small home. You worried about young players unable to place a fort?

You can place a LB or patio as places decay all the time and open up. I think theres actually more spaces now than when i first started here.
  20. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

<<<Yes, now there really are more free places than at the time when I started my journey. But the problem was discussed that the guys who do not play, hold spots and update them instead of breathing new life into them.

You're a good guy, why get up on the dark side ?!

In fact, the situation will not change; if the rules allow, then the regulator is greed and decency...

<<<Dan, why so disrespectful, we are great guys and don’t clean your shoes. I understand that you and your friends are a different front, but you can talk without throwing mud ;)