Some additional (template) questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kalvasflam, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Sorry to bother you again. But it seems I have forgotten pretty much everything when it comes to templates and certain game mechanics. I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers too (in some cases I found answers, but I have no clue if they are up to date. Lot of the posts date back to 2012 or 2013 and a lot of the links are no longer working).

I am currently planning my templates (long term strategy :)). And of course I will take advantage of the three different accounts.

1. I plan to get back in the BOD-business. I understand that it would make sense to create a BOD Char on every account?

2. What is the BOD timer? One BOD every 6 hours per account?

3. Are BODs still limited to tailoring and blacksmithing? Or is the new BOD system (tinkering/bowcrafting etc.) already in place? If not, when will this come?

4. Alchemy doesn't have any influence on explo pots, right? So, no need to put it on a pvp char?

5. Inscription does give a bonus to certain protective spells. So, theoretically, it would make sense to put it on a PvP-Scribe-Mage? But it seems that hardly anyone is using that template here. So I could ignore that and simply put this skill on a crafter?

6. Inscription does need Meditation, right? How about Magery?

7. Which crafter template can you recommend? I somewhere read sth about: Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Tailoring, Tinkering, Mining, Magery (75), Music (45). Why Music to 45 and Magery to 75? And with those skills: Will I be able to craft everything there is from the skills mentioned above?

7a. Why mining on this char? I somewhere read that there is no loss when it comes to remelting all the non exceptional pieces? Is that still active?

8. Boats: Which skills do they require?

9. Boats: Can they be redeeded once I put theme on the water?

10. My first money maker template (which I hope I can finish this weekend and get into the game) will be: Anatomy (100), Fencing (100), Healing (100), Hiding (100), Music (100), Provoke (100), Tactics (100). I will probably switch hiding to magery once I farmed some money. Provoke is currently 73. Is there any other place than Occlo provo houses (which are occupied 24/7) or Wyvern isle (no boat -> no money to buy one) to afk macro it to 100? Seems to me it will take forever while actively provoking Oger Lords in Despise for example.

11. Whats a good thief template? (o.k. I could probably check the thievery-thread, but perhaps anyone is willing to share it here).

12. Whats a good and viable fishing template?

13. T-Hunter template? I can't use templates like those famous amibs- and level 7-templates because they lack cartography, right?

Well, hmmm, sorry :eek: That's a lot of questions.... Thank you very much!
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

If you were to start playing/training one character per each of your three accounts, what would they be?

Also, join IRC and say hello if you haven't yet. Many of us enjoy answering player questions.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  3. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'll chime in on the thief template -

Probably need these four as required: snoop, steal, hiding, stealth

The other three are up to you: I run magery, detect hidden, and tracking - others do magery, eval or resist, and med

Really need at least recall level imagery here - because you'll want to hit a ton of hot spots in a short amount of time to identify marks.
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  4. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

1) Yes
    2) Yes, but you can request one each time you turn one in
    3) Yes. Coming Soon (tm) for about 3 years now.
    4) Yes.
    5) What? Scribe stun mage is the dominant field template.
    6) Inscription uses mana and I think you need enough magery to cast the spell but I can't remember.
    7) Yes. The this lets you craft the most stuff because some items need more than one skill. The 45 music is for instruments. The magery is for pentagrams and abbaitors. You only need tailoring and blacksmith on your other crafter or crafters for BODs.
    8) To make? Carpentry Tailoring Tinkering
    9) No, but they can be turned into a ship model which fits in your pack
    10) Pirate Point by Brit if you use boats. Why does it matter if it is occupied? You gain the same.
    11 12 13) Depends on preference
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Cherie and Kalvasflam like this.
  5. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

ya cram as many people in that provo house as you can, your gains won't be slowed.
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  6. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Thanks a lot! Great news regarding Nr. 10. Should have known as I trained provo up to 73 in Occlo caves with some other chars at the same time.