Some question from an "old" newbie

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by ilcontegis, Apr 16, 2015.

1. ilcontegis

ilcontegis New Member

Hello,

First of all let me say, that after reading here and there I am pretty amazed by this shard.
    I started to play UO in 1998, first on the official server and then on unofficial ones. Since 2010 I stopped playing UO for job related reasons and after the disappointment of Shroud of the Avatar I thought I could try to start again on a new server. After some browsing I thought that UOR could be the place for me. If you don't mind I'd like to ask a couple of questions.

- I am a linux only user, does UOR run on linux? (I never had problems before using wine but it's always better to ask)
    - Can I import my pg from another server (skill transfer)? As I don't have so much free time starting with at least 1 pg skilled would allow me to have some fun without months macroing.
    - I read that there is a timer on housing (14 days) and animals in the stable (7 days) is this correct? After 14 days I'd lose my house and all its contents and after 7 days all my animals would die? This is really hard for me as sometimes I have to go several weeks abroad for my job.
    - I used to have a pretty big group of net friends to play ultima but is seems that all of them cannot or don't want to play anymore. Is there any new-player-friendly guild were I can have some fun? I hate to play alone..

Thank you very much for your time and for your answers.
    Kind regards,
    Matteo
  2. Zugu

Zugu Member

I have ran UO on linux in the past without any problems

There are no skill transfers

Houses have 14 days to be refreshed before they become "in danger of collapsing" and co-owners and friends are able to refresh houses.

The stable master will take 30 gold from your bank for each animal that you have in the stable every 7 days the animal has been stabled. As long as there is gold in your bank the animals will not disappear.

There is a guild called Project Sanctuary that is for newer players
  3. ilcontegis

ilcontegis New Member

Thank you for your kind reply.

Could you please clarify what does it means
    The house disappear after 14 days? Or I have more time? What happens if the house disappears?

Thanks
  4. Zugu

Zugu Member

This is taken from the Renaissance Guide to Home Ownership:
    After a house becomes "in danger of collapsing" it will have about 17 hours before the house disappears and all the items that are in the house will fall to the ground. You can always friend someone to your house to refresh it for you so that it doesn't fall.
  5. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

After 14 days your house disapear and all ur stuff drop on the ground.
    That mean other players can loot all your stuff.

See u and have fun!
  6. ilcontegis

ilcontegis New Member

Thank you very much!

Most of the links on the website are broken as it seems you changed forum recently, therefore sometimes I am having an hard time to find the information I need.

Once again thank you for clarifying!
  7. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

After 14 days your house disapear and all ur stuff drop on the ground.
    That mean other players can loot all your stuff.

See u and have fun!
  8. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member