Special Abilities (Weapons)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Fullmetal, May 5, 2013.

1. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

I've been trying to brush up on my Renaissance era stuff and i was wanting to look at what all of the melee weapons special abilities were but i cannot seem to find a post or it listed in the compendium.

That i remember Macing = crushing blow + stamina drain + chance to break armor, Lumberjacking = Crushing blow, Fencing = paralyze with long spears, and Swords= i don't remember :p.

Any help would be great.
  2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Lumberjacking is just a bonus to axe damage, (10%?) two handed swords have concussion blow, which takes a % of the victims int for a short period. However axes are indeed 2 handed swords so they do work well together.

so

War hammer = crushing blow + some damage

2 handed fencing = para blow 2 second stun

2 handed swords = conc blow -25% int
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hehe, I asked these same questions recently. Sounds like its 25% chance to proc the weapon skills. Some more info on these over here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1532
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The chance to execute a special attack is your anatomy skill /4.

So at 100 Anatomy it would be a 25 % chance to activate. However this is only on a successful hit, So in reality it might be closer to 12.5% (accounting for the hit/miss chance)

Lumberjacking is slightly different here as the concussion blow was scaled down to account for the lack of stat scrolls. However rather than the system OSI used for lumberjacking damage bonus, (which was minimal) Lumberjacks can expect to see 1 extra damage for every 10 points of lumberjacking.

So with 80 lumberjacking, every hit will have a 7 point damage bonus.
    With 99.9 Lumberjacking this bonus would be 9 points.
    With 100 it would be 10 points.

This damage bonus is added with the weapons damage bonus and added to the final adjusted damage. This results is one handed axes being very effective in PvM combat as well as in PvP combat.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Paralyzing blow was put back to the proper 4 second timer in Beta, I think. Or sometime thereafter.
  6. qbradq

qbradq Member

What am I doing wrong with lumberjacking? I do not see a ten point damage bonus. With a force double axe i still have a minimum damage of two against daemons. How does AR play into that?
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I dunno Brad, but what I notice on my LJ is more consistently mid-high hits. I'll put up the halberd and get a handful of 1,2,3 dmg hits, wherein my double axe of vanq consistenly hits above 15+.