Splinter Shard - Alternative Concept (Poll)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Earsnot, May 4, 2019.

Would you play a splinter Shard?

1. Yes

59.7%
  2. No

40.3%
  1. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I stopped donating due to lack of change/inability to meet deadlines/inability to listen to the constituents. I’d fire up my donation again for a siege server.
    Earsnot likes this.
  2. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. SekZ

SekZ New Member

I think I should clean my room and start showering daily, but just a thought.
  4. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

5. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

More whining. Every post, soooo much whine!
  6. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Personally I would LOVE a single character/IP server with the current rule set and staff.

I believe 3/15 we have now is what makes the server stale at times.

IMO this wouldn't even hurt the population because it would draw in/bring back ton more to compensate for it.

All points are valid on both sides but I believe the best point is the identity of each player you see is who they are. Gold would hold more value, items would hold more value, templates would be more thought out, reputation would actually mean something, housing would hold more value and thoughtfulness.

I dunno I just think this would be the best thing to happen to UOR in a long time, this idea is even better than CUB.
    Xavant_BR, Earsnot and PaddyOBrien like this.
  7. TreeHugger

And every post you make places the swollen member of some staff member slightly farther down your throat.

We’re opposite ends of the spectrum buddy. Get over it.
  8. Steady Mobbin

Wait, you bitch and moan like a little bitch and I’m the one who needs to get over it?

And what exactly is it I need to get over? Some random loser on the interwebz?

Every time you act like a bitch I’m gonna call you a bitch. Bitch.
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  9. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

@Steady Mobbin I'd appreciate it if you kept your homophobic slurs back in 1997 where they made people who used them edgy.

Now days they just make you sound ignorant and like a dude you wouldn't invite round for a BBQ because your cousins gay, and he'd probably just give you a "really dude?" look after he heard you say "you're not drinking? Jesus you fag" to another friend who's the designated driver that night, your cousin would leave it there and that would be it, but his dad's there too, your uncle, and even though he's an old school kinda guy, he loves his son and you're uncles real proud of the man his sons turned out to be ya know? And even though your cousins like "Dad, it's cool, leave it" your uncles like "NO, I wanna see him call you that to MY face, fucking cock sucker, no offence Son" and you're there thinking maaaaan, why'd I invite this fucking herb man, god damn, ah fuck is he going to take the potato salad, don't take the salad, mines been out to long I think the mayonnaise has turned I was gonna just put yours on the table, throw mine away and hope no one notices.

Ya know?
    We've all been there.
    Xavant_BR, Creager, Nusir and 3 others like this.
  10. Roach

Roach Active Member

Oddly specific ... o_O:)
    Steady Mobbin likes this.
  11. Steady Mobbin

TL/DR

That word doesn’t mean gay to my generation. Gay people are cool with me. My cousin is gay.

Lol at that long ass diatribe about BBQ.

Put me on ignore. If I can tolerate your fucking gross ass avatar you can deal with me being a neanderthal.
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  12. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Really? Shard wipe? lol, the economy is better than anyone elses i can pretty much guarantee that, ive never seen nor even remotely a reason to where that would do absolutely zero good.. as for the population it goes towards preference to what people like or enjoy doing and i dont care personally about population as i do just strait up bad people trolls grievers and corruption, The main reason i did come here which imo the best out there .. . Theres guilds out there that are pretty darn active i see PKs almost daily in a dungeon i mean im not trying to sound critical or anything but it would be pointless.

As for the siege style shard, it can be that here if people would get off their prats and actually attack someone or join a guild that does.
    You or all can make this place where you are the same way. Start recruiting people that wanna just kill others or PvP but
    just dont start a guild and say hey guys im here!! Go out with your lynch mob and actually attack people lol.
    and in time you will have people saying ok he killed 8 times already *Cracks keyboard chucks mouse in the trash* im gonna get this dude! lol
    its about being serious and following through with the plan at hand and just doing it. And get people that feel the same way and also it helps to offer those that either arent that great or have not that much playing against other people and they have a little shitty feeling inside thinking that they suck which is never a case out right someone wants to admit and are also to prideful or embarrassed and just cant ask because of..
    Offering to train and teach offensive and defensive in a good organized PvP guild they hold weekly or bi-weekly either events pertaining to the scene or training sessions which can be fun .

Cheers..
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Xavant_BR and Steady Mobbin like this.
  13. TreeHugger

I’m not racist, I have black friends. We’ve all heard it before and the excuse still doesn’t work.

Can’t hide what you are pal and that is an ignorant, small, little boy.
  14. TreeHugger

Maybe you need to take a walk outside. That’s the place that’s up the stairs, past your mom smoking darts at the kitchen table and through the door where the sunshine sometimes comes from.
  15. Steady Mobbin

Shut your dumb ass up and stick to what you do best, trolling and whining like the bitch you are.
  16. Steady Mobbin

This is why I should never leave the trade forum.

@Earsnot - Apologies for derailing the thread.

When @Caramon II whines like a little girl, I'll still call her out on it but I won't go any further. How much whining she does is up to her.
  17. TreeHugger

How about you apologize for being homophobic instead?
  18. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I say yes to this, also an option to participate in a server reset, an optional second UOR shard where we announce a launch & people can start over & fight over all the land and everything All over again. Make it a 6 month seasonal thing.
  19. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

For a while I played a game called Lord of Ultima, a browser game that was run by EA. Every 6months or so a new server was released and we would all race to be first to complete the task and quests needed to win. And then after a while the older servers would close down.
    I used to have to sink £30-£60 a month into the game to be able to stay in the top 20 on the server

Anyway the point is, I'd play a side server for a year at a time if there was an end goal such as factions having to hold town seigle to earn points in the vertues and the first team to do it get a title that is fixed to their account? Obviously a lot of pretasks and farming and stuff to get to that point.

Something like that.
    Earsnot likes this.
  20. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member