Splinter Shard - Alternative Concept (Poll)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Earsnot, May 4, 2019.

Would you play a splinter Shard?

1. Yes

59.7%
  2. No

40.3%
  1. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true Stage 2: Larval
    But seriously it’s about promises that weren’t delivered YEARS before a kid was even conceived.

@Steady Mobbin I’m glad you’re having fun here, that’s awesome! I would advise that you don’t get too involved in the forum arguments though, they can be discouraging and toxic at times. Just play your game... don’t go head to head with the masses.
    Earsnot and One like this.
  2. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Nono let the hebitch continue.

We, the masses, find his optimism comforting.

Reminds me of when I was a young lad with big dreams.
    Earsnot likes this.
  3. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yea I gotta admit, I do read posts like that with an "awwwww, bless em" vibe.

And @Player X also kinda hit the nail on the head and while I'm concientus of keeping this thread on target and keen to keep it from descending into another complaint thread I have to agree with him.

It's not that we're asking for brand new content, at all really, just the content that we've been told is happening and "90% complete" since 2015 would suffice and IMO be enough to bring back and occupy some, if not most of the 200 less players we lost around Halloween time last year.

And to be honest I think that any of these type of threads exist solely to act as a gentle/subtle/not so subtle nudge/reminder that we are all still waiting and committed to the development of this place and want to see the things Chris outlined come to fruition.

I'm of the opinion that more transparent updates or posts from Chris regarding the progress of these things would massively, SERIOUSLY, keep a lot of people sweet.

A copy and paste of an IRC statement from Chris posted by another forum member is not enough to keep us trucking and full of hope.

Chris is busy. We all understand and accept that. Chris is working on it. We all understand and accept that too. But what I don't think a lot of people here appreciate is the extreme lack of communication and updates from the big boss man in the sky.
  4. Drave

Drave Active Member

Umm I think easy mechanisms could be deployed to encourage people to play only with 1 char per account.

Some examples I can imagine...
    Max stat upgrade if only 1 char is on the account. (250 max stat)
    Max skill cap upgrade if only 1 char is on the account. (1 skill up to 120)

Or any other interesting reward which force you to play with only 1 char per account and cannot be transfered between chars.

Anyway, I'm on going on my old phylosophy of Siege Perilous, I sold the vendor, soon I'll get out my properties on Moonglow and only keep one, join the faction with my main char.

And suffer the weaks/strenghs of play only with 1 char.

(For now I'm deploying Sacrifice virtue to be able to auto res in remote places) lol
    Earsnot likes this.
  5. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Over promise under deliver is a real thing.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.