Stacked Potions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Double Vision, Nov 14, 2012.

Would you like potions to stack in your bag?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Don't Care

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Kinda like when I said Ill duel u 1vs1 and u said ok come to my rune library and I showed up and u tryed to gank me with your pk buddy and failed, then sorrow showed up and u guys ran in your house? Or the multiple times I fight u guys 1vs3 1vs4 and sometimes 1vs5? You have room to talk about what's fair and legit?

First of all i dueled all of you and Otis was the last one i was fighting and none of you gave me time to restock up after each duel so I had to use supplies for i had. So yes by the time I was fighting otis I was already out of pots and then running out of regs and I was still beating him. Wasn't till you said finish this duel quick or we are going to gank you. Seriously blaise? I fight your guild all the time 1 vs 4 more and you wanted talk about whats fair in a fight? Anyways So I killed Otis ,m I used one paraylze just to end it which is technically the same thing as stun but again i was out of refreshes before the fight even started. You know I'm better then you and I will fight anyone in your guild 1vs1 for gold. Even Otis again who apparently wasn't even smart enough to carry trapped boxes. Learn to faction fight. You wanna say its fair for me not to have regs and pots then its fair he didn't have trap boxes i mean considering hes a dexxer who was stocked & i wasted most my stuff killing you and ur other guildies and was out of stock you guys should have allowed me to restock before the next duel instead of him attacking right away cause u guys was mad I already killed two of you, sound to me he took advantage of the situation and you even said you was going to gank me anyways so your arguement fails.

You know nothing about pvp and everyone on this server knows it blaise so don't talk about pvp you sound stupid, Tell otis I'll duel him again this time for 100k

Till then take your trash talk to the trash talk forums and keep it on the subject of stacked potions.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I was on topic, as it was a prime example of why limiting contents of one's backpack is necessary.
    Nice rage post though. gf

Oh yeah and

LOL
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

No it was a direct attack toward me which I won't stand for, It's not a rage post, its a reply to what really happened since you seem to bring it up on forum topics and irc every chance you get. Those duels had nothing to do with stackable potions & if your trying to get at the fact that if stackable potions were 1 item and I could carry more then you are pretty much saying you don't want people to carry extra potions because then you would never kill anyone which you can't anyways. So we'll stated and noted, now move on.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You misinterpret what I say all to often. I have brought up that fight on a number of occasions. This one is actually the most fitting as it is a testament to exactly what I'm saying. I know full well I bring no skill to the table in PvP. One doesn't require success in such things to understand the information around it. I'm not an F1 driver, but I can build the car and tell you why it works. I can hop in and drive it too, but I doubt I'd do so well as one who's primary focus was such.

I feel that the limitations on the amount of items carried in one's pack is significantly and intentionally geared towards how it impacts the player in the game world.

Don't you agree that having them stackable is a great option, even if it doesn't alter their item/weight?
    Or are you simply trying to get a bigger inventory to suit your playstyle?
    If that's the case, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask for all weapons and armor to be stackable and for gold to be lighter to, so I can farm longer without having to restock/deposit.

I'm going to stay civil here, so if you want to jump to the conclusion that I'm just here to attack you, please, start a thread in the forum you know it belongs in.

Won't stackable also make them work with restock agents, allowing you to make a single macro that completely restocks your character and returns you to the fight in a matter of 60 seconds?
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I never said I was for them being 1 item I just said i wanted to see pros and cons. Biggest con being makes kegs less valuable & people can carry more, not a whole lot because the weight is the same but a few more cause you could have more items. Biggest pro for it would be it cuts down item count on the server in the long run. I didn't read what you said wrong or misunderstand it, I read it like everyone else did, It's quit clear you brought my name into this to start a fight & everyone knows it which is why I told you to take it to trash.I am going to respect staffs wishes and end the conversation with you so it doesn't turn new players away and from now on when you try to derail my posts in the future I will just take it up with staff.
  6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This change would in no way allow you to carry more than usual in terms of weight or items. Everything would remain the same except for the ability to stack potions which would make them easier to organize and loot.
  7. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

sounds good to me
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Yea we are just talking hypothetically if stacked pots only counted as 1 item what the pros and cons would be.
  9. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

An Corp.

So it seems as though:

1) only certain potion types stack
    2) the stack counts as one item, regardless of potion quantity

Can anyone from staff weigh in on the rationale behind this?

Had a discussion with some folks in IRC about it, wasn't terribly fond of the argument presented as to why green/purple don't stack, and figured I'd try to hear it from the source before getting fired up.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I would also like to see a response pertaining to why, after numerous statements by Ezekiel that they would still count as one item each, even when stacked, they in fact, do not.
    I carry 150 potions on my dexxers now, not including explosion potions.

I think that stacked poison or explosion would give a minor advantage to the nox fighters and purp tossers, but if they still counted as a single item even when stacked...perhaps not so much.
  11. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I support stacking potions. I would prefer the item count be reduced to 1 per stack for storage purposes as others have pointed out, but either way it'd be an improvement in my opinion.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

As I've come to understand, it is quite difficult to make stacked items count as the sum of the stack, for the total container item count. Such is the reason behind that not being the case with this update.
    Furthermore, the poision and explosion stacking has to do with the fact that both of them have a timed use scenario.

As it stands, I have over 1000 of each potion in the War Time house restock chest, not including poisons and purps. I do love the addition, even if it's slightly excessive. Much like blessed runebooks, just because I was opposed doesn't mean I'm too cool to use them. :)
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We plan to look into this at some point down the road time permitting. However since we didn't allow poison or explosion potions to stack the risk/benefit mechanic is in balance. Yes you can carry a few more potions than you could if they were counted per item, however the risk of loss is greater if you carry that many and die.

Overall the change was successful and has cut our overall item total by 5-7% (Which was the primary reason behind the change)

At the time we patched in stackable potions, 7 out of every 100 items on the server were individual potions.
  14. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Don't die ;)