Staff should not play here

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by eherruh, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Opinions are like assholes, and just like everyone else, I have both.

Staff definitely should not play here. Players should definitely not have powers beyond the norm (and use them during player events).

My interactions with Keza have been sparse, but he seems like a level-headed standup guy. It's true that his videos / postings can be used as a recruitment tool, but he's also been posting them before he was 'upgraded'.

It most definitely sucks that there are a few guilds that have a lot of power and can be dicks... and actively try to prevent other guilds from having fun. For sure. Unfortunately, those things ultimately happen in sandboxed games ... unless other groups join together to return the favor.

For the most part, the staff of volunteers does a great job. Though, what i find most interesting / alarming is that staff can jump all over a thread about staff so quickly. I personally have reported posts in the past that were against the site's TOS ... for reasons such as racism and homophobia. .. and they take DAYS to be removed.
    Virdan, NCCML and Kiryana like this.
  2. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

So is the OPs Venn Diagram correct?
  3. Jesus Is King

Jesus Is King Well-Known Member

Huh? Forgive me but I have no idea what you just asked
  4. Garavar

In the first post there is a Venn diagram is it accurate? What's your input on that being a member for 3 years?
  5. Shamix

Shamix Active Member

In the spirit of constructive criticism and invoking change; I present to you my counter argument.

Titled "Entitled players should not play here"

Imagine being somebody who contributes zero to a server; who openly flames others in discord general chat- All because his feelings were hurt over a couple of dead dragons. One who specifically talks about peoples IRL lives, and then tries to connect a bunch of non existential dots about an individual who provides more exposure/content/outreach for the server because their ego is hurt?

I provide to you- exhibit A, titled "The individual who typed up a page long post of "constructive criticism" and the type of personality they have.

[​IMG]

The real problem here; is inactive players like you- Who belittle others / insults their IRL lives while hiding behind a Holier than thou mentality. With 0 contribution to the server other than your perception of things; and insulting peoples real lives when you get your internet feelings hurt.
  6. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The one with iDerp in the middle?
    Doubt it.
    I was in Derp and was pretty sure we’d all moved on to other things in game.

Unless that was all a ploy just to shake me out, which I also doubt because I’m a fucking dreamboat.
    LanDarr likes this.
  7. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

Dude are you here to instigate or speak constructively?
    Kiryana likes this.
  8. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

I heard there was some kind of info graph, so i was excited to see it, but holy shit that info graph is lame, you have no idea whats going on cocheese. you think we have PWN, PS, BOW, forming derp? IDERP died over a year ago. There is no more IDERP.

Theres keza, leopold, tunefull, jesus is king, that are ps and pwn. leo does a little pvp sometimes, but the rest don't pvp at all. so maybe 5% of pwn is PS. I don't even think PS is recruiting anymore. PS is not IDERP

Your guild (MiD) use to have quick in it, all the same things your whining about volunteers adding prestige to guilds, use to happen to you guys too, i don't see you whining about that.

You and deacon seem to be very heavily implying that keza uses GM invisibility to scout, you realize telamon can probably just pull up a log and prove that 100% false, and if you do actually think someone is actually cheating, your supposed to pm telamon, not blanket it on the forums(but you know that allready). It seems like the goal is more to make the whole community pissed off about nothing, so that telamon gets pissed, so that something favorable to you might happen, than to actually solve any issues. (rabble rousing)
    MikeK, Xavant_BR and Earsnot like this.
  9. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I'm back and what I see. A rustle is heard behind the scenes. Messages are deleted again, moved, and the initial focus shifts towards new players and more inhabitants ... what a mess !!!

Forum options are turned on and off at the behest of a magic wand ... this is a delusion.

You have 3 options;

1) Give freedom of speech without deleting posts or correcting them.
    2) Forget about new players and concentrate on being constructive about our proposed topic.
    3) Come out with your hands up, say that you are honest and do not exceed your authority.

It's very difficult for me, I have friends in all directions, and I don't want to lose them! Personnel, don't ruin my UOR destiny and don't edit! Welcome!
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  10. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

In-accurate and a stretch. PS has nothing to do with Bow.

Just a blatant slap in the face to the work that Keza/PS does plus an attempt to discredit him/PS.

Should be well known that Gav is just a troll.
    MikeK likes this.
  11. Garavar

Not sure yet, I quite enjoy the instigator role. I played ice hockey my whole life and that was my role since I couldn't score unless the net was wide open.
  12. Garavar

Am I really a troll though? Doesn't a Troll upset everyone equally not accidentally the same group of people? Seems the same 5-6 guys get upset at what I say and I am new but I suspect they are all in same group.
  13. SativaGreen

And you're not in TnT? The OPs guild?

Where do you stand on all of this? You clearly buy-in to whatever imaginary what ifs he lays out.

Do you have a mind for yourself on any of this?
  14. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

Amen, neither @Quick nor @Keza are placing small homes and loading them will milly checks. (some will understand this) Their honest contributions of immense time and thought to this server should not be looked down upon.
    Earsnot and Samorite like this.
  15. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

if that has happened I apologise as I hate any form of phobia in any form
    MikeK, Blendax and Earsnot like this.
  16. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

cocheese, your blaming Bow/IDERP for pushing nymeria off the shard? BoW wasn't even formed, IDERP was operating in the shadows then. I remember Nymeria getting pushed out of the shard around 2017 originally, i thought it was SoF(MiD allies)?

I've seen some pms of yours to other players lately, full of real life insults, just sad.
    MikeK and Leopold like this.
  17. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

tldr
    LanDarr and Blendax like this.
  18. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

@Samorite please close this thread and publish the original post in a separate thread. Everything is too changed and flawed here.
  19. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Disrespect gets reciprocated just as much as respect. Apparently I hit a nerve.

As predicted the usual script of distracting, deflecting, & denying is playing out. It's easier to assassinate a persona than have a genuine conversation about fairness and high level ideals.

I guess I can't expect reading comprehension to be the strong suite of someone who still can't manage to properly contract "you" and "are".
  20. SativaGreen

What genuine conversation are you trying to have?

You're blatantly accusing a player of using GM powers against you/your group without any proof.
    MikeK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.