Stat gain rate is too slow...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hoo, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Hoo

Hoo New Member

Hello. I'm a newbie in this shard, and I'm now trying to boost my stats first.

I read a document that both camping and herding are the best skills for boosting stats, especially str. The gain rate, however, seems very slow for me...

I'm just wonder whether what keep my chars well fed by eating food affects stat gain rate. Or, is this slow rate common in this shard?...
    One likes this.
  2. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Have you capped your skill points at 700?

If you run a herding macro it shouldn't take more than an hour (or something)...
  3. Hoo

Hoo New Member

Really?... I've been macroing Herding with a fresh char, who has about 100 skills, the char got only about 10 stats while +30 skill points have been gained... Do I need to use Herding outside town?
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Get your skills to 700.00 then do the camping/snooping method. It takes about 30-40minutes to get the stats that you want
  5. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Just to be clear your skills need to be maxed at 700.00 with 0 skills in camping and snooping
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

The lower you are in any particular skill, the better chance of getting a stat gain, so long as that skill is pointed up. That is why people recommend you get to 700 skill points by training random skills in town. That way you can then camp for instance with it pointed up, but never actually GAIN in camping. In this scenario, since you are so low in skill, you will get a lot of stat gains.
  7. Hoo

Hoo New Member

Oh, well, I finally understood the stat gain method in this shard... The problem is that I don't have enough money to learn any random skills for fulfilling my skills to 700 since my chars are very much new. :( Anyway, thank you for the information!
  8. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Just farm some cotton or kill animals for leather for a while. I think it takes just over 5,000 to get to the skill cap. Won't take long!
    One likes this.
  9. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Welcome and good game!

Camping is a very rapid rise in stats, when the camping rises to 30 and begins to grow slowly, I got the impression that the stats are slowly growing! But when I knocked down to 5 camping another skill (useful which is useful, for example stealth), then the camping again grew quickly, and with it for one and a stats!

To bring down a campsite even to zero it is possible simply having bought at the seller other ability having put a camping downwards (on reduction) !!! In my case, it helped a lot and I quickly adjusted the stats!

In general, as regards the speed of the increase in skills, the speed is optimal this is the real Ultima server!

I apologize if something is not correct, thanks!

Regards,
    Kiryana!
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I hear an alternative way to gain stats is playing the game.

G'luck
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  12. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

@Hoo my updated video on getting started might assist you in raising your stats while also completing other tasks. I understand it not super fun or productive to sit there and use camping/snooping all day.

UO Renaissance Getting Started VIDEO
    Vandalin and wylwrk like this.