Stat loss - Extending decay rate

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SteelyDan, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

How would you know I've stopped? You don't play here we have already established this fact.

Someone has to speak for hard men, because hard men are too busy doing real shit, killing people and solving their problems with actions not words. If we allow people who do not play the game, to direct the course of this ship, it is doomed to fail.
  2. Meradin

This thread should of been closed page 9 when your friend started personally attacking me, but since I am not a valued member of this community it has been left open. If no one else is going to follow the rules how can I be expected to?
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You're talking shit all over this thread. So that's one point. You're complaining about a challenge that probably won't even be implemented, instead of taking the stance of working through it.

So yeah, keep puffing up that chest captain. Feel free to keep parroting the "you don't play so input is moot" sentiment too. It's really becoming of you.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Did you report it? This thread has been edited a number of times. Perhaps your report got missed, or you're just grasping at straws to talk shit about (see also: previous post about you claiming you don't talk shit)
  5. Meradin

I kept everything to discussion about this issue. You claimed that everyone hating you is not a big deal. I asked if you had any experience with this as I did not think you to be a widely hated man. Talk to TT about how much being hated effects you on a daily basis, they were literally barely able to play the game for fear of being reprimanded by Telamon. They had to start coddling people just to stay around. Bullshit. Talk to the people in my group who feel like a ban hammer is hanging over their head at all times.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, that's right, you are new here. I nearly forgot. I'd go into details about how many times I've been looking at a ban hammer or how many hate campaigns have been run against me, but ya know....this is about you. Keep up the good work, sir.

I think you may also be missing quite a bit of the bigger picture in regards to the things you're citing. Good luck finding truth in the mouths of the spurned.
  7. Meradin

So then you do understand how much the community hating you effects the game? Why didnt you just say that? Man...and I'm the self centered one.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Not sure the relevance to the topic at hand, but yes, I know full well how people's attitudes about others can impact the game for those people. It never stopped me from playing or caused me to change my game. I wholly expect that type of thing in any large online community. It's something I'd think you'd be comfortable with, considering your hundred billion counts on OSI or whatever. lol

The point of this thread has literally nothing to do with any person or persons and everything to do with the lack of balancing mechanics implemented to mitigate the excessively easy murdering supported by multi-account with OSI standard count timers.
    Taliic likes this.
  9. Meradin

???? The people who created this thread have already stated why they started this thread, and it is without a doubt targeting specific person's. Maybe you would know that IF you played, although I doubt it because they have stated clearly in this thread why they started it... so maybe you just miss a lot?

Or perhaps you create narratives that serve you and your friends purpose...Yeah I am almost certain that's it. I can think of quite a few people unaffiliated with me that would agree hands down.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm not creating narratives, I'm trying to discuss the topic at hand. Despite your feelings about who it's about or why, it doesn't actually matter. This mechanic, if changed, would not be only impacting you or whomever you felt this was "about".

Short term counts are too easily shed, which dilutes the quality of murderers and makes good functional PvP systems less desirable by those who just want to fight people. That's the point at hand, no matter how you want to derail this into something about how much of a Baddy McBadderton you are. We all get it, you're super good supreme PK guy. /golf claps

I still feel that all murderers, myself included when I have a mind to, have it way to fucking easy because the 'detriment' doesn't exist like OSI, when you literally get paid for burning counts and have spare accounts to play in the meantime.
  11. Meradin

I still have 7 guys in mumble who have only been playing for little over two months with their only finished char dead in stat almost all time. What about him? What about the people that don't have 100 Million gold, and keeps and fortresses to make the game and retraining of chars easy? What about my empty bank account from giving them the resources just to train up ONE char, then watch them quit as they accidently res in stat?

As I already stated, this will do absolutely nothing to hurt me or any of the established reds on the server. This will almost instantly cripple new players tho, which is at the end of the day the blood that pumps in the server's body. Ponne ressed in stat two weeks ago, haven't seen much of him since. In fact I think he even commented in this thread how much it hurt him, this was one of the people trying to fight us....

You used pet stat loss as a point to how many people quit because of it. Was this not another change that you and your group championed for? So I wonder....how many players have you guys really cost the server? With this change I imagine the toll would be great.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Anyone who quits from accidentally ressing in stat after being paid to do it (ie: they didn't even fucking play to build that character, lol) was going to quit anyway and is likely a milquetoast. I've done it, more than once, and trained out of it even when I was poor many moons ago.

There are no new players deep in stat. If they are, they have moved up from new quite some time ago and calling them new is misguided at best.

Regarding bonding and pet stat loss, personally I fucking hate pet bonding specifically. The single bond slot was reasonable to me originally. The infinite slots are a detriment to the shard, in my opinion. While you may see from your side of the coin that player loss would be great, the other side seems like player gain would be great if players dismayed by seemingly endless waves of murderers could be crimped through combat instead of waiting for the lulls. So while you see this as a potential ward for PKs, I see it as a beacon for blues. We need them both but I'll never agree that stat loss should be removed or lessened. There has to be some form of justice to serve because a simple looting does not recompense for the multitude of crimes committed.

Also, just to try and help a little bit, UOR is my group. I never know what to assume when parrots say shit like that because I literally hang out with and consider myself friends with many people and groups here. *shrugs*

If your buddies didn't have the foresight or experience to know that building a single character and murdering with it would be a potential issue, I just don't know what to say other than check the guides. They could have gone orange and it never would have been a problem, you know....like pvpers.
  13. Meradin

This is in a world where all of our players are adults, and able to leave their comps running 24/7. What about youngsters who play on their mom or dad's comp? I imagine 9 deep in stat loss 40 hours would seem like an eternity to them.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Not all of our players are adults and not all players are able to leave their computers up 24/7. Hell, I've let people idle at my house RL because they couldn't keep their laptop connected throughout the day. They are adults.

I don't know that 40 hours per short is really ideal but 8 is basically jack shit. It does nothing to entice me to be more careful when I murder people. There's literally no incentive to give a shit and at the end of the day, I couldn't care less if you agree. I don't hate you for wanting easy street PKing, I just don't agree.

Also, please do your best to stop ignoring the fact that there's two ways out of statloss.
  15. KB2016

KB2016 New Member

Didn't we have a youngster recently quit the shard due to you guys house-looting his father?
  16. Meradin

Your point?
  17. KB2016

KB2016 New Member

Ah, my point.

It seems your and your guilds actions in game are very counterintuitive to the arguments you pose on the forums to justify a lack of action which might cause you detriment in game.
  18. Meradin

How can you say " House looting is killing this server " or "PKing is killing this server" when those things are the very essence that brings our most devoted players?
    You are making the argument that the man's son is more valuable a player than I am, therefore we should change it so houses can not be looted, but then you would lose me because the only reason I play here is to loot houses. Some people like to use the argument " Our non PvPers are some of our most devoted and long lasting players" Then why in the hell don't you start a trammel server and see how popular it is. Lord knows you won't be luring me there under false pretense.
  19. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

@Meradin this isn't the player pics thread

If you're going to cry about being personally attacked, you probably shouldn't start by calling people hypocrites and other nonsense. That's actually hypocrisy. You won't learn, but there's a free lesson. Funny enough, you could replace all of meradin's comments with "WAAHHH WAHHHH" and pictures of crying babies and the quality is either the same or improves slightly. Your tactic accidentally worked, refuse to respond to actual arguments, throw confetti in the air, claim "logic and reason," and then act like a victim. Move this thread to trash talk, it's not being moderated, anything of value was said many pages ago, and nothing is going to change.
  20. Meradin

God, you are so in love with me it makes me sick.