Stat loss - Extending decay rate

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SteelyDan, Jul 20, 2016.

1. KB2016

KB2016 New Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That is not what I said.

Let me speak more clearly; I worded that rather archaically.

Your arguments seem false as you do things in game which do drive players away and this suggests motivations of self-interest versus overall server health. I believe PKs are a necessary and healthy element of UO:R. Conversely, I believe the hour system initially designed did not factor in cable connections and 3 account player allotments. Given this, reason would indeed suggest an evaluation of the system.

Case in point; last night I had my first character killed repeatedly by a single red while macroing with an empty backpack. This suggests that the current risk vs. reward system which we currently have in place was of little concern for that player.

Edit; posted before I was done.
    One and Iago like this.
  2. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

If only I could look at your profile page and find all the times my name comes out of your mouth. I must be your favorite person by far.
  3. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

write my name a few times in different comments across pages, I respond once and I'm the one in love? lol, later gator
  4. Meradin

I do things in game which drive players away.....hmmm that's interesting, because as much as I can tell our guild is the most active guild on the server, it would appear to me that the players in my guild are having a blast. You would not believe the amount of fun we have, and how much new players love hanging out with us. Would you like me to have every player that I've recruited to the guild post here and tell you how awesome it is? We would out number you here just as much as we do in game when people talk about hordes of roaming PK's.

I rather believe that you want to perceive us as detrimental to the server. Without any real experience in the issue.
  5. Meradin

You wanna know what most people say when they join our mumble? " You guys have this many f**cking people?!?!?!"
  6. KB2016

KB2016 New Member

I do not see you as detrimental; I see the stat-loss system as outdated. I said that PKs are a necessary and healthy element to this game. I know of one instance in which a player did leave through the actions of your guild. I called you out for one argument which stated raising stat-loss time limits would alienate reds and cause them to leave. It struck me as hypocritical when your reds do cause others to leave the server.

Edit; wording.. Also, back to studying for a Chem final ;_;
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Iago likes this.
  7. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Even if you have that many people that agree with you, you have still failed to interject a reason based argument to your view on this subject. You have how ever filled it with a bunch of unneeded commentary.
  8. Meradin

This is entirely false, have you even read the thread?
  9. Meradin

Inputting gameplay changes to a world that already exists and exists in its fullness because it has broadcasted a certain ruleset, is entirely different then someone quitting because they cannot handle the publicly broadcast rules with in which they live. You comparing the two does not make them the same. It doesn't even make them kind of the same.

Your entire argument is based on a false premise that the two are even distantly related.
  10. KB2016

KB2016 New Member

Not at all; gameplay changes have happened throughout the history of this shard and will continue to happen. The idea is of a UO:R perfected. Systems which fail the metrics of today and require balance should be looked at and balanced.

The stat-loss system initially designed did not balance for 3 player accounts per user alongside always-on internet connections. It assumed 8 hours was a degree of onerous reprisal; the current system shows that not to be the case at all.

More directly, I argued that using player loss via systemic change as a justification to help an argument while ignoring player loss through the existence of the unchanged system is hypocritical.

Edited: wording.. Srs. Need. To. Study. I'm Out.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Iago and Blaise like this.
  11. Meradin

Quite funny, first new char just the other day but already well versed in this history of the shard and its mission statement. Good on you sir, I imagine we'll being seeing a lot of you?

I must say again, I would benefit more from this than any person in this thread by far. I know that.

But.

I hope you take the time to think about new players in all of this. I hope you take the time to consider the 16 year olds who just found the game, the 23 year olds still living with mom and dad, the people who play on limited data usage and people who cannot keep their computers running often due to overheating issues. Stat loss is already a real thing that people deal with.

Hell give me 5 good men and a mumble server Id solve this red problem in a month.

goto 38 seconds for relevance
  12. KB2016

KB2016 New Member

I am new. Cannot deny that in the least. You are right in that some will be unduly burdened by any proposed change. It is a decent argument. However, I am not sold on the idea that our current system as it stands is 'history perfected'.

tl;dr - I hope you get those good 5 men, a mumble server and do put a dent in the red population. I already have plans to gank one red who killed me. I suppose I will need to start a list and work on my game a bit if things will change for the better.
  13. Meradin

This I can agree with.

There are bigger problems which I devote my attention to. I.e me getting some free boards.
  14. Meradin

Just look at any thread I've been apart of in the past three months, and then watch Blaise and the people "he's not in a group with" constantly harass me. It's the same people he doesn't chill in discord with. If Blaise is going to keep going back editing post's to say new things this is gonna be a long thread.
    Mes likes this.
  15. UrinalCake

UrinalCake Well-Known Member

Probably not much, I die all the time.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I don't revert what I say but I do in fact edit to add more to my posts, instead of replying multiple times before anyone else has. I "chill" in discord with various people who are in various groups. I have a personal Discord channel and spend time in a few shard Discord channels. Otherwise, I haven't even been in mumble in probably a month. I have never even been in any of the private channels where IDOC business goes on. I'm sure it's comforting for you to feel there's some consortium against you but I assure you, no one really cares that much about you specifically. The people who reply and disagree just disagree, for the most part. Even Iago, who I'm sure you still feel is in love with you, actually just cares about this shard and isn't willing to sit idly by while you blather on incessantly.

Urinal, it was definitely a fluke. I wasn't really implying any skill judgement there, just kind of funny that I had a red on red kill. It's not often and I'm absolutely certain I wasn't alone.
    Iago likes this.
  17. napo

napo Well-Known Member

damn blaise everybody knows you ride those guys nuts
    you've been doing it for years
    you aren't fooling anybody, might as well save yourself some time typing this shit out and just drop it
    Mes likes this.
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

bro you are misunderstanding them. they are just caring for the shard really hard
    Meradin and Xegugg like this.
  19. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Can someone summarize the last 14 pages for me? Consolidate it to about...uhh...one sentence. Thanks.
  20. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Trammel is coming.