Stat loss - Extending decay rate

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SteelyDan, Jul 20, 2016.

1. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Because only their point a view is valid?
    Many people play this shard lol
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Curly Sue and That Guy like this.
  3. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Agreed, Trammel to me = Without risk.

Everyone must risk something.

Blues risk losing loot, slayers, mining weapons, etc.

Reds SHOULD risk stat loss or a minimum waiting time to res.

At the moment most Reds risk nothing more than whatever regs they carry.

If they kill, they are rewarded, if they die, they lose nothing, res, and go back out hunting.

There lies the Trammel.

As One said, times have changed and the rules should change with it. If you want no risk PVP, there is a whole system set up for it called Factions and Guild Warring.

As for the "top 10 murder chart", this change wouldnt effect you at all as you probably are deep in stat.

This would only effect the Reds who keep their shorts low and use being Reds like PVP players.

In the end, we aren't asking for more rules, we are asking for more risk. If my sense of the word Trammel isn't the same as yours, so be it. But my point is, if Trammel = no risk, then arguing against this makes you a Trammel as# Mutha$$$$$$. IMO...

:)

All in love and the spirit of debate.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Canis, Cosmo, SteelyDan and 4 others like this.
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Shit. I'm about to say something I thought I'd never say.

I agree with Blaise and Curly Sue.

Among others, of course. The risk for a red right now is: I lost 100ea reg, and will just leave my guy macroing overnight and while I'm at work. That's it.

You gotta go back to the essence of the game. The virtues, and WHY reds had a penalty. Now the tech has improved so much that the penalty is...outdated.
    Canis, Cosmo, Blaise and 4 others like this.
  5. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

well... scully and curly sue first sends a tracker (generally a dude called jerome jackson) to caves/dungeons to make sure theres not even %1 chance they might get killed and lose their cute weps, then goin there and gankin a newb and braggin about themselves on forums how they never died in years.

so... lets see...

ALRITE, bring it.
    lets make short term burns 40 hours, so those noobs can continue their "trammel pk" life and yea maybe it will populate the order/chaos scene and that guild war thing.

please war us btw: http://www.uorenaissance.com/guild/773
    Meradin likes this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Wow... really?
    One likes this.
  7. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Yup they do the same thing with there tamer pks. Fine people want more stat go for it. Just do not get mad when you see a gate pop up 6 pks came out, flame strike the target and leave. It will do wonders for pvp on this shard /s
    Meradin likes this.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Except you can't jump gates with targets up here. Can you?
  9. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Yeah but you can have a blue tracker come in track the dung gate to a spot not to far from the target cast flame strike and let it rip. It's not difficult.
  10. Curly Sue

Lotta hate here. Not sure how any of that relates to the topic. But...

First off like any decent PK, we look at the situation, assess risk, and make a decision. That's whats wrong with the picture here. PKs just running in not giving a Si&^ if they die or not because you have nothing to lose.

1) Have you ever tried to roam the lands as a Dexxer PK? You recall twice and you have to wait forever to move on to the next spot. Every dexxer PK needs a scout and risks far more than any mage.
    2) I don't see you running Valorite weapons in the wild... Most people play mages who lose nothing while we are risking 4 Million plus every time we go out.
    3) Nobody is bragging, we just responded to a claim that our PKs go down all the time.
    4) The whole flame strike thing can be done now... Don't see how this will change that. And you said it yourself PVP, not PKing. It's different.
    5) We've killed many people from newbs to the experienced. It was always 2 on 1 most of the time but that's what PKs do. Again, we don't claim to be great PVP players. 2 dexxers vs 2 mages isn't very good odds in PVP and when we do PVP with Heavy Petting, we are mediocre at best and still learning.

We tried PVPing CPU or DR (I think it was marauder and crew) and we had our a&%es handed to us :) (stun mages are the worst)
    One and Blaise like this.
  11. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Was it in front of your tower? Then that was cpu. You guys did fine cross healing was great. I was a loser noob in that fight.
  12. Curly Sue

Haha, Thanks. That was a great fight but not the one I was mentioning. It was going well until I accidently dropped a damage spell on scully and our dragons started fighting eachother. Great fight indeed. And we don't remember any loser newbs. We were under pressure the whole time and there were a few moments there that a punch in the face could have killed us.

The one I was talking about we tried 2V2 against the DR guys. We lasted about 4 seconds. But I'm sure we would fare just as well against you guys in a straight 2v2 without our dragons. Heavy Petting is a lot of fun because we can go up against larger numbers and stand a chance. I think it was 3V2 + Dirty worms yesterday. We lost 3 dirty worms though :( RIP Gussy, TizzyPuss, and FussyCat...
  13. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

You should have been in hyloth balron room last night it was 3 groups fighting each other with a purveyor of darkness as the great equalizer demolishing everyone in sight
    Meradin, One and Curly Sue like this.
  14. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Does seem weird to say the system is broken and too free of real risk, and then in the same breath say it's the only thing you do in the game.
    Meradin likes this.
  15. Curly Sue

Why is that weird? I'm trying to say it's too easy to be a PK right now for those who keep their shorts low or don't carry anything but regs.

What does it matter that I'm a PK?

I keep my shorts low but it's gona super .. Super.. suck when I go down.

I'll happily take stat too if it gives the rest of the PKs on here something to lose.
  16. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

All we are asking is to raise the short count timer from 8 - 40 or come up with another idea like being sent to jail for an extended amount of time (fight other murders in there, make a shiv) What is the point of short term counts if they burn off too quickly?

I play one of the Heavy Petting characters at work when it's slow. I can go out with my pets HUSSY & GUSSY, murder some tamers for a hour or so, keep the guy on overnight, wash, rinse, repeat... Short terms = 0.

Now you ask well if you're so into short counts just log your character off. Well because I'm not into 1 way streets. I believe all reds should face some sort of consequence for killing. Being in stat is hard stuff. Especially when Taming is one of the hardest skills to raise. All of you crying about my awesome pets and amazing gate dispels should be in favor of raising the short counts.

You all have a great weekend and thank you for all your input in this matter.

Long Live UOR
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, yes of course. Risky for everyone in the world....except for the red. They don't have to quit, they can ALWAYS res, but there will be detriment for that as punishment for criminal actions. If they want the cheap way out, wait it out while AFK.
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

No matter who you are, someone hates what you're doing.
    Halabinder likes this.
  19. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

yea... a pk with a blacksmith/tailor soul. worst cocktail u ever taste

thats the spirit. i started to like meradin more and more
  20. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

The ONLY change i would propose to stat loss would be .... Reds that PK in a group share short terms equivalent to the number of people doing damage on the target.

So 5 PKs from [Insert PK flavor of the week guild here] are running around [Obligatory Dungeon] and they come upon poor 'ol Sir Russel the Neckbeard. The 5 PKs sync dump Sir Russel the Neckbeard into the ground and he gives them each a count.

Since all 5 players were PKs and all 5 did damage to Sir Neckbeard, Each PK would receive 5 short term counts. Thats 1 short term count per PK that did damage to the deceased who reported the murder.

Well why would we do that?
    1. It discourages Group PKing
    2. It encourages Solo PKing

For all you retards on this server that dont give murder counts.... you are the problem. If you dont put them into stat, killing them is pointless. I can assure you, it will separate the Men from the Boys when it comes to PKing. I am living breathing proof that you can be an effective Solo PK on this server while maintaining the respect of my victims. Love me or hate my reputation has stuck on this server for over 2 years now, and theres a reason for that. @Chris

Last thing, I have some fun stuff for you knuckleheads in the near future. Stay tuned for my Million Dollar Man/ Its My Island post.
    [Qi], Dalavar and Halabinder like this.