Stat loss for reds

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Kane, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Kane understands the difference between addressing the issue and a personal attack. The evidence suggests he does not as even the evidence he gives to support the assertion that he's not engaging in personal attacks is ad hominem.
  2. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

How about a "smart" quest giver npc? The quests would be tailored to your character, so it would add content for everyone.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One likes this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Kane likes this.
  5. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Mind you, I meant a murder enhancement that actually involved murder instead of simply killing NPCs. I don't see any tamer quests that involve not doing PVM :)

A simple idea would be involving a proper bounty system. Players should be able to put a bounty on any other player's head. Not specifically someone who killed them. This would let the murderers of the World go after the bad players who hide behind blue hues.

Really just throwing lo mein the wall not to see what sticks. How about BOD for murder? Maybe one guild is having problems with another guild and can't fight their own battles, so they put in a "hit". The murderer(s) who complete the hit are given ____. This reward count be a silly title, it could be a web based leaderboard, it could be a number of things really.

As most players here have already figured out, I've created my own system of murder incentives. Collecting organs for my own kills. If I kill someone, I get their organ, even if it puts myself at extreme risk. I have nearly died going back for organs in the past, but that's my drive to continue playing here. There's nothing else I find more interesting at this point than being hunted, escaping the crazy odds against, and gathering hearts or livers.
    Ouroboros likes this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

7. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

But you think we would let you run that champ spawn on all stat reds and not see some murder? haha we will murder YOU PFR before you ever get the blood coins. :)
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  9. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Not that I don't like some of the ideas that sprang from this comment, but they're unnecessary and tangent to the point. For the type of player that this thread was started over, PKing is its own reward. They already get everything they want out of it. Which is why no PK in the history of this game until now ever asked for murdering to be "enriched", unless asking for removal of stat loss or other ridiculous things counts. If nothing at all came out of any of these discussions, the murderers this discussion was started over would still be happy.
  10. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'd have to assign it to a specific player or group... maybe a deed you combine with the head? Otherwise people will just suicide and collect. They might even do it with a deed, but at least you'd have control over who could do it, so it would be on you.
  11. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

PKing is it's own reward in the same sense that killing monsters is it's own reward or crafting armor for the community is it's own reward. Yet, those systems still got extras to expand and develop depth. I don't buy your argument one bit.
    LanDarr likes this.
  12. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

each short term counts add at least 8 to 15 hours ! .. which is quite long time if pking each day.. bbbbbbut, this only happens if people give counts constantly, which don't, ask on irc, or do a poll..most people do not give out murder counts.

The reasons for this can be many,

PK was nice and didn't deserve count. and should not have to sit out of game with statloss etc
    PK was evil and wanted to punish by not giving count.
    Don't feel it necessary.
    Missed clicked, in rush.

Many more I'm sure and I've been guilty of not giving count.

But, only ends up taking system that is there to control murdering out of the game. Hurting the next person or people to get killed. as well as the pkers who live on the added risk of pking.

Right now, most pkers can fight just like grays, taking great risks than pkers in stats, no worry of death, its just items . but this not because of the length, but because people don't give the counts in first place
  13. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Yes, RRG tend to keep our shorts low. We run enough risk with the equipment we use in my opinion. Not to mention we change charector names on death now.

As far as the discussion, i think the solution lies with a clever use of the currently unused bounty system. I have said it in the past, i think a ressing pk should have to pay a percentage of his / her bounty to the abyss. It would help get rid of some gold on the server and would give people reasons to post bounties. Make a maximum bounty per kill someone is allowed to post on your head so nobody can hit you with high bounties for one kill.

There may be problems with this but none without a solution. Put a broken system to use rather than change things that already work. And bounties should stay intact for x amount of months unless inactive.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    One likes this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

Curly Sue likes this.
  15. Curly Sue

Hey One,
    My only suggestions would be that your numbers are very high and less complication would be best.

I was thinking more like 10 to 20k per bounty that wont decay unless inactive for a certain time. Pk would have to pay 20% of bounty when rezzing.

Bounties would still add up quickly. 20k for 100k bounty. That could be done in only 5 kills.

Then maybe a max payment of 200k for bounties 1M and above.

The numbers could be adjusted but this gives you an idea of the level of risk i am talking about. Keep in mind stat loss is still there as well as the stuff they lose.

We don't want to make PKing impossible. Even my numbers may be too high when put into effect.

I just think it would help adjust the risk for the fact that we have multiple accounts and also give the guys who get PKs a nice prize.
    One likes this.
  16. One

One Well-Known Member

17. Curly Sue

Ok i ser what you are saying about the matching. Howabout the cost of the bounties stays the same but whoever turns the bounty in gets 20% of the overall bounty and the pk pays 20%.

More money to the abyss and no pk making money on bounties, and nobody maxing out the bounty in a few kills.

So in theory it costs 1M to put a 200 k bounty on a pk. It would take a while and be done by a bunch if people with 10k max bounty per kill.

Person who hands in 1M head gets 200k and pk pays 200k to the abyss.
    One likes this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

19. Curly Sue

I'm not against your ideas of the alternate route you describe and feel they would work fine... But think that if any change is to be made, the simplest solution has the best chance to get coded in.

I would suggest eliminating the alternate so there is one less step.

The only open item i feel is what to do if the bounty is never claimed. Technically the head itself should reatain the value of the bounty after the pk pays to resurrect. I don't know if this is possible right now as the head is = to the same charectors head after the resurrect right?

It would need to be changed so that only the head of the actual charector that was killed is worth the money so the head will reatain the value and the bounty is cleared allowing the PK to res even if the bounty is unpaid.

Again, i have no issue with your proposal but think the difficulty in programming them in might deter Tela from making the change. For example, how to keep track of who paid what, what happens if the head is turned in 2 years later after the victims already recieved money back, etc..

Great ideas, but feel we will be lucky enough if we get a small change first.

Respectfully,
    Curly Sue

And btw, i dont think people will be deterred from paying the tax. People give bounties now and they don't even do anything. I think if a pk got someone good, people would pay up to 10k if they knew for aure they were making the PKs life that much harder to res when they are killed.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    One likes this.
  20. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This just seems like a horrible waste of money, maybe worse than the current bounty system. It's literally throwing money away. If I was the kind of person who enjoyed the misery of others, I'd LMAO if someone I killed spend 15k to make me spend 3k.

Even with a 1:1 system though, you can still be just throwing money away. I put up 5k bounty on someone. Their alt kills them and turns in the head and uses the 5k to pay their resurrection fee. I'm out 5k, and there's no net gain or loss for the PK and their alt.

Now, if you make it a 1:2 system, wherein my 5k makes someone pay 10k to resurrect, then I know that my money is being used to exact vengeance.