Stat-loss Suggestion

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by El Horno, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hahaha, yeah, I remember that.
    There was a time back in those days that my sister got hurt at college and I was basically caring for her while she recovered. In that time, I introduced her to Diablo. We had two PCs at my mom's house at the time and we started adventuring. I'd see an imp walk on screen and she'd shriek audibly from the other room and I see her character go running away. It brings a huge smile to my face remembering those times and all the times she accidentally PKed me as well.

First night I ever saw the game, my buddy was like "check this out".....

I guess he fell asleep at some point but when the sun came up I was like "Dude, Karl, I'm level 15 already!"

lol
  2. Bob

Bob Member

I bet Pork Fried Rice was one of those guys who rushed to hit F10 to click on the 'Quit Game' button whenever another player name popped up on his screen.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Most kids these days think QQ are two crying eyes, when in fact it was simply the hotkey combination to quit game in Warcraft (not WoW, kids).
    ie: telling someone to QQ is telling them to ragequit

Anyone who says otherwise, is failing miserably at internets.
    Mandevu and The hound like this.
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

It's a little difficult to imagine having to rebuild skills a big problem on this server, since skills can be afk macroed via razor. An inconvenience perhaps While the person who was the victim loses fame, the only way to regain that is to go out in the field , putting yourself at risk of
    death once again either by monster bites or pker/s. Remember not all PVMers are tamers with high stat dragons to help them regain fame.
    No disrespect to the tamers intended, just giving a wider perspective .

Because of this I am in favor of not allowing murder counts to decay while a ghost. Loosing skill kind-of even outs with loosing fame.

So many great suggestions given in this thread, wow.

I do like the idea of giving a stiffer penalty to those who dry loot,often without even a res, compared to those who just take your gold, or murder solely for a count.

Even though I dislike pvp myself, I am not anti pker. It's part of the game of UO. Always has been. :)
  5. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Please elaborate.
  6. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I feel the inconvenience of having to rebuild skills, compared to standing in a house as ghost to burn counts, is more of a consideration to the pker. Granted, it's not the same as loosing fame, but it's loosing something.

Hope this help clarify :)

Westra
  7. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  8. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

I dont understand do you just reroll a new toon when you die what's the point?
  9. Pork Fried Rice

You can't delete a character on UOR if you have a long term count. It says "this character is currently logged in" or something like that. Basically, you'd have to res your guy, and macro the long term counts off.
  10. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

+1 for suggestion
  11. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

well personally I would never play that char again and just log on a 7x..
    and then if let's say all 10 or however many chars I got are all red with a lot of longs just log them all the same time and macro away
  12. Jig

Jig New Member

Harsher red penalties do not make things easier on blues - they make it more difficult. If the penalties are greater, you dont risk dying. You bring more people with you and use tactics that guarantee you wont die. It also makes hunting reds that much more difficult. Killing someone who has no intention of sticking around is a pretty annoying thing. (Killing zero wrestling/resist pvm chars is one thing, killing 7x pvp chars who dont want to stick around is another).

I dont care either way, but making stiffer penalties will not do what you think it will do.
    Dalavar and RollinTheTweed like this.
  13. Geo

Geo Active Member

I can't believe harsher penalties on reds are being suggested. This shard has a really nice balance of pk, its not overwhelming like SA. Its just enough to make things interesting. Nerfing reds into the ground takes away one of the biggest things that sets early uo from all other games and even current uo.

I just talked to a tamer who was talking about how she soloed champs and got 20 plat each. Like wtf. And such a venture costs a tamer nothing if things somehow go wrong even though Ive never even seen a dead dragon so its not like they would. THAT is BROKEN. Reds by comparison can be countered, if you kill them they lose gear they didnt want to lose, they may even have a fat bounty on them. Tamers are the real enemy here. Too many control slots, even 2.5% stat loss is a joke as far as risk because apparently even champs can't kill trained ones. Try running into a tamer mage and getting a spell off when her mare two dragons and she are casting on you, not to mention the melee.

In conclusion: Nerf Tamers Not Reds

Signed the Society for the Eradication of Trammel Protections on the Most OverPowered Template in the Game
  14. Pork Fried Rice

I think Second Age has the same PK penalties as Renaissance does, no? When I was looking at shards both appeared to offer stat loss for murders over 5 shorts
  15. Geo

Geo Active Member

I didnt mean the penalties were overwhelming I meant the PKing on SA is overwhelming. Like everytime you go out lol, at least when I tried it. I left though because I'm on MAC and the work around was pretty clunky. The other thing that sucked was housing was similarly slanted in favor of earlier players, but I dont think anything decayed and there werent any spots to place. Every inactive player's 15th alt had a house kind of like this shard but it was much more smothering.
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  16. Pork Fried Rice

yeah, that's very true. If UOR makes it to 7+ years I can only imagine we'd have the same problem. I'm glad I got here early and locked in the land I wanted. There's already enough empty house hoarding here too
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

How the heck is anyone getting killed by a "pack" of pk's?
    Honestly asking this question... what situation aside from being afk is there that a pack of PK's aren't unavoidable?

Are people trying to fight back?
  18. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Trying to gate out dragons and/or multi-tasking. It happens.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Or trying to fight back....depending on various factors. :)
  20. Vlek

Vlek New Member

I think you trammies need to consider a different shard. If you can't take getting killed, then you shouldn't be playing on a felucca only server. I keep reconsidering playing on this server, but then I check the forums and find stuff like this. It's pathetic really. You do realize this game is supposed to be fun, right? How is any of what is mentioned in here fun? Lets punish people for what they have fun doing! That's really going to improve my gameplay!
    Tyndall likes this.