Stealth question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Southpaw, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

I am 100 hiding, 100 stealth. Any ideas why I fail when taking my first step? I'm only wearing the newbie clothes my character started with and also made sure the auto run option was off. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance,
    South
  2. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

Hiding and stealth are two separate skills.

You must #1 go into hiding, wait 10 seconds and then #2 activate your stealth skill. Once your stealth skill is active you can begin to walk.

You cannot move immediately after hiding.

Every X amount steps you must re-activate your stealth skill to give you another X amount of stealth steps.

For every ten points in stealth you get one step hidden, so at 100 stealth you are able to move ten steps before having to re-activate you stealth skill.

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/Stealth

Welcome to UO:R!
    BlackEye and Kiryana like this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Thank you very much. I haven't been waiting the 10 sec after hiding. I will give that a try when I log back in again thank you very much.
    South.
    BlackEye likes this.
  4. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

No problem, when you activate your stealth skill there will be a message in the bottom left of your screen indicating whether you must wait to activate another skill or if your stealth was successful and you can begin moving.
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

That did the trick. Thank you very much
  6. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

If you need to stealth in a bind or when time is sensitive: you can cast invisibility and then be free to use the stealth skill. You would have the normal 2 minute timer before it wears off, or you could use hiding at anytime while stealthing invisible and it resumes as normal 10 seconds later when you use stealth .

Sometimes those who use the shadows don't have 20 seconds to wait on approach or flee.
    Dash, BlackEye and Kiryana like this.