Sterling Archers offical apology thread

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Orange, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willie

willie Active Member

Also, for the record as long as I was with TT. I have never once seen them clear out an entire event to farm it themselves. This might of happened before me, but not in the last year and a half. They did however 100% target the idoc group--who maintains this practice at every event. At least cynic might of been man enough to admit it for once.
  2. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

This is BS im sorry bro. There's no difference in killing everyone and farming and just killing everyone. In fact i would say your choice of ok is more fucking greedy then just killing everyone.
  3. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Farming Halloween mobs by using guards anyone?
    Meradin likes this.
  4. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

I was not here for this event or any of the past events, but I will say this: PKing in UO has always rested on a very fine line between what is "legal" to do and what discourages others from playing. PKing as an act is very anti-social and is the antithesis of a community-driven game like this. There are very few "good" things that ever come from PKs rolling over blues - the PK gets to have their fun, maybe grab some loot, and the victims get to lose everything and have no fun. This is what ultimately lead to the creation of Trammel, because the UO devs realized that more people were leaving due to the anti-social nature of murderers. PKing for fun only works for a niche audience, one that is definitely not the majority, but has a profound effect on almost all other players.

I don't have a solution to offer for this, I certainly do not want a Trammel split, nor do I want PKs to go away because the occasional PK can add some good variety and spice to UO (but PK after PK after PK is like using too much spice in your sauce, it will be completely ruined - and this happens too much, which is why I don't bother hunting anywhere because it is guaranteed that at least 1-3 PKs will show up within 15 minutes). But at the end of the day, we kind of need to realize a couple of things: This is a free server. You are not paying to be here or having to pay anything to play. The server is owned and run by Telamon, he is the supreme authority for it is HIS world - any rights you think you have here are only afforded to you by him. If he does not want people disrupting an event, regardless of what the player's intentions are (whether they mean to just kill a few people or straight up rez kill and be disruptive), that is his right since he pays for the server to be here for the rest of us. Is it right, or is it wrong? I don't think its really either. It just *is*.
  5. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

You good sir are completely right BUT this shard is almost 4 years old and no one has ever been jailed for Pking at an event UNTIL NOW. So if there are rule changes it would be nice for them to be announced BEFORE your jail half of a major guild on the server.
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

TT was at the Skara gate last Halloween killing players as they came thru
    I felt bad for the new players coming over from Ocllo or wherever
    Not sure if you were there
  7. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

@Orange I am a pretty big advocate on clear and concise rules. Some rules here are clear, but there are many areas where the rules are murky at best, and I sometimes feel that this lack of clarity in the rules leads to these types of issues.
  8. willie

willie Active Member

Do not remember this. Last halloween only killing I saw from TT was everyone changed their names to names like yoda, scarecrow, vampire, etc and killed people dressed them and then gave out goodie bags... people were praising TT in irc.
  9. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

No one ever? Assuming that is true (it's not), why do you think you were singled out?
  10. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Ya. I heard about it on IRC and tested with an alt. I think later in the week some names were changed and the bags were being given which is pretty cool. But to me in a way, it seemed like a bandie to previous actions. Other groups as well have been less than noble and I am in no way a complete angel.... but just wanted to share my thoughts regarding the last year and a half you mentioned.
  11. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

There was no time given for that though. That is what the problem is they were jailed and the event was canceled within the first few minutes
  12. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Who else has been jailed for pking at an event before? I dunno why we were singled out but I'd like to know considering the point has already been made that multiple groups have pked at events before ( i know this for a fact) and nothing has ever been done to them.

IN FACT Cynic even admitted that his group pked everyone the other event and then farmed it on there blues SOOOOO?????????
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I'd like to see an event where the sole purpose is to pk everyone and be the last person standing. A trophy for the blue who remained alive the longest, a trophy for the last standing red, and something for the sole survivor. kind of like a CTF only no teams, only one winner remains. THAT would be fun in my opinion. Maybe some sort of arena similar to the night of horrors event, disable hiding, mounts, tames?
    Rickbrent and Zyler like this.
  14. Katy

Katy Member

I may be in the minority here but I don't really care . I don't want a Trammel server in a general sense, but I think events should not be places for PK squads.
    Yes, people have the right to play how they want and that's what UO is all about etc etc ..but events and holidays are in my opinion about bringing us together as a community and having some fun , as well as hoping for that special loot. it encourages server growth which encourages a healthier server . a red here and there or a thief, that's easy to deal with but these events shouldn't be about let's just kill blues trying to participate in a community event until people just stay away and no one is having fun and people are in jail.

can't speak for what happened here with Telemon , but my own experience last Valentines Day was that after the first day or two , everytime I recalled in I got chased by several reds and recalled out. What's the fun in that? I can get chased by reds in any dungeon, any time .

the reds here do have a point though , no matter which side of the argument your on maybe we should get a clear cut yes or no from staff about groups of pks in events.
    Rickbrent, ichiokada, Meradin and 2 others like this.
  15. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Friday Night Fights hosts a Last Man Standing at end

http://uorforum.com/threads/ffa-fight-night-xvii-friday-8-5-8pm-pacific.18022/
  16. CaptainMorgan

What you don't know for a fact is that there have been no others jailed, and that's the point. This isn't the first whining thread I've seen where someone got jailed for PKing at an event.

This
  17. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Please link the threads were a whole guild got jailed for Pking at an event plz.
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

19. CaptainMorgan

Did I say guild, because you didn't? You said nobody ever. I'd wager even the guild part isn't true. You yourself mentioned several people/groups in your OP that have had similar experiences. In fact, that was the point of your post right? To apologize? Or was it just to stir up shit?
  20. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Increase short term decay rate to 40hrs.

End of story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.