Sterling Archers offical apology thread

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Orange, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That is a reasonable request
    Rickbrent and Fuji Flu like this.
  2. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

or (4) anytime people show a complete lack of common sense, pull them into jail and explain to them where they went wrong.
    Rickbrent likes this.
  3. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Red event invasions wpuld be fine if the stat loss situation was fixed. No red worth anything would dare show up unless they were looking to res in stat in the near future.

Typical red PVP players abusing the stat loss system running around like cowboys with no shorts.

We just had a whole thread on this but some people don't understand the difference between being a PK and playing PVP with no risk of losing anything.

Hiiigh hooe. D
    Blaise, Rickbrent, One and 7 others like this.
  4. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

We did not realize that this event was different than any of the other events. All of us have been killed many times at events like this in the past.

Everyone is talking about how detrimental PK's are to the server, but you forget what makes this place 'this' place. Not just us but many other people play here
    because Telamon has created a world like the one we remember. Where PKs and Thieves create irreplaceable moments of dread and excitement, where anyone
    can do anything if they set their mind to it, you can raise an army to conquer the world, or you can bake a cake, fish up a chest, farm a weapon. Remove the risk, you remove the reward.

All we are asking is to enjoy the same ruleset that all the guilds before us enjoyed. I would also like to point out, that CPU unlike any other guild offers anyone that wants it a way out of PvPing with us. PuP stone, as well as the CPU guild services which offer people protection.

I agree that Telamon handled the situation poorly considering the past, but this is his world, and their won't be any PKing going on if he feels like this is a waste of time. I will be going forward trying to work with Telamon to create a solution to the problem that he sees with us. I hope that he works with us and guides us in a direction that allows us to play here happily.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I believe clearly and publicly stating that reds are not welcome at events on this server would be at a detriment to it's popularity and reputation.
    It would be truly contrary action requiring a change to the advertisement that enticed me here.

War, death, murder, and mayhem... this is the life giving blood of our world. Without it, we all die.
  6. Fuji Flu

Fuji Flu Active Member

no. bringing 6 people to kill blues is not excessive in uo. it is completely legal and normal. If this is something that is not wanted at events, the events need to not allow it, or simply let everyone know the rules before hand.

without rules before hand, nothing is excessive. besides the obvious res killing, harassing, etc.
  7. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Shitty pks are detrimental to this server.

The solution is to increase short term stat loss to 40hrs
    Blaise, Rickbrent, One and 3 others like this.
  8. Fuji Flu

Fuji Flu Active Member

that was said to gummy bear in a seperate room. i dont think he took screen shots
  9. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people would throw "bringing more pks then participants" under your umbrella of "etc".

However clarity is definitely needed because pking or fighting pks at events has always been most of the fun for me.
    Rickbrent likes this.
  10. Fuji Flu

Fuji Flu Active Member

not being allowed to kill people in a fel-only UO is not common sense. event or not.

how about when people gank a duel during fight night? it seems like common sense to not do that, however, no jail for that person.
    Meradin likes this.
  11. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

So next event should be totally pk free!
    Fuji Flu likes this.
  12. Katy

Katy Member

respectfully, I disagree . there's plenty of other servers where people run around like sociopaths and kill one another non stop. this one , as advertised is about history Perfected. something for everyone.

as someone not into PK (but not against people's right to do so) there's plenty of areas on the map that have essentially been cut off for me and I never really get to play in. For me , getting killed , looted , fame loss etc just isn't my idea of fun. I know just like there are plenty of pk lovers out there , there are plenty of players like myself too.

I'm on guard all the time as it is, so having an event here and there where I could just play with you guys and try and grab a trophy or something without worry over anything but the spawn sounds pretty cool, and I don't think would kill the sever. more likely alot of reds would probably just go on a blue alt and join in .
  13. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Telamon said no rules were broken? Really?
    It is Telamon's court, and it is Telamon's ball. If you don't like the rules or how he interprets them, then go play with someone elses ball in someone else's court.
    Do you even read, chum? Because the conversation posted with Telamon is pretty clear in him specifically referencing Discouraging Game Play.
    Blaise, Rickbrent and Iago like this.
  14. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Join CPU we will roll in on anyone messing with you.
    Katy likes this.
  15. UrinalCake

UrinalCake Well-Known Member

Yes he did say it out loud to us. I stopped taking screens at that point. He can verify it if he chooses to comment on this or not.
  16. Katy

Katy Member

haha thanks. Meradin and I are cool already. He's a reasonable guy, which is why i think this can be solved fairly easily without uttering the word "Trammel" ;)
    Zyler likes this.
  17. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Ok, with apples and oranges now:
    Rules.JPG
    dgp.JPG
    He was doing EXACTLY what the code of conduct says. He was addressing Discouraging Game Play, and he was upfront about it. Now, if AFTER he said he wanted to talk to you guys about Discouraging Game Play, and AFTER you and him had this conversation (and you stopped taking SS's, conviniently or not) and you still needed to ask if you had broken any rule? You still had to ask? After he explained why you were thrown in jail rather eloquently?
    Rickbrent and Iago like this.
  18. UrinalCake

UrinalCake Well-Known Member

Yes Pirul, he did. Ask him about it since you are so curious.
  19. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

I think the point has been made here. I think it's clear that Telamon reached a point where he no longer wanted this type of behavior to take place.
    It is unfortunate that our group had to be the catalyst that brought the change upon us. I do not think anything good comes from any more of this kind of talk. We have an exciting few months ahead of us with Halloween and Winter is coming.. "Christmas Events!!!"
  20. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Trammel is co... ah, fuck it.

Anyone wanna hut some orcs?
    Meradin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.