Suggested Housing Ownership Change

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Air, May 19, 2018.

1. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

We were talking about Moonglow in that moment, as far as I understood it. And my list showed, that the main Moonglow properties are evenly split between many players and that most of them are decorated. Not talking about the other homes, just the prime spots on Glow.
    Yes, I own Hidden Valley and it's in daily use. And Aris owns Magincia Beach. ShadowJack tried to own all of the Nujelm houses and build a thief-guild RP city there. He didn't get all houses and were selling them all at one point in the forum. I doubt you TRIED to buy any of the places you look jealously at, or? At least you never PM'd me with an offer. It's so easy to complain without lifting a finger.
    Many places hit the market from time to time, too. You just have to have the necessary cash, as with any rare item. I've sold many prime spots in the past on the market or bought them from the market. Everybody can own a piece of cool housing on UOR. I am just too lazy right now, to quote all the market sales that come to my mind...

Oh btw, when I left, I deleted all my characters. Thus, I didn't own any houses anymore and didn't refresh anything. I dropped most spots or gave them away to other active players. I was lucky enough to hand out Hidden Valley to friends who gave it back to me the instant I returned.
    Rheanon and ham like this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

So now this is a justify what houses you own thread?

That does it, passports please. The lot of you.
  4. BlackEye

The point is, there is no and there never was a housing crisis on UOR.

Most newb players that complain, just don't have the knowledge to place houses and will helped out by vets when they complain in IRC.

It becomes problematic when we are talking about the high-end massive houses. But that's endgame content and could go up to 100mil as far as I am concerned. CY houses suck anyway... or ... limit them to 1 per player IP or ... let houses decay when they aren't refreshed by the owner account. All suggestions solve the perceived massive house problem without taking away the ability to own 15 houses.
    Lightshade, Aris and Kirby like this.
  5. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

That's what this thread has been since the beginning. There's just more people than me being questioned now.
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  6. ham

ham Well-Known Member

I want a Magincia house! I've had an account for 1 year now, and I have like, 3m total if i liquidate. With the high end vets selling houses for 10-50m each, I didn't bother to try. o_O

@Aris Any chance you will sell one for 3m-4m? Are they for sale at all?
  7. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Probably not ham. He has a small house on glow that he just refreshes and won't let go for under 10 mill (has been asked by multiple people). Doubt he'll let some sweet Magincia houses go for cheap. Good luck though, always good to ask
    One likes this.
  8. BlackEye

I doubt he is going to sell a Magincia house, especially to players he doesn't know personally. But it's always worth asking. For example, at one point he was considering to get rid of the Moonglow tower for people with appropriate projects in mind.

The problem with houses grouped together is that they are worth FAAAAR more when they are owned by one person. If you are going to sell them all in forums, you will always fetch much more. That's one of the main points why nobody is going to split up Magincia Beach, Hidden Valley, Barrier Island etc. etc.
  9. Aris

Aris Active Member

@ham, those Mag beach properties are far from abandoned. I haven't played in a couple weeks but those get pretty heavy use. I have guildies that use that island Villa as well. If I ever stop using them I'd definitely sell, likely for a tad bit more than 3 mil.

@Duke Cannon attitude was everything, I would have nearly given the house away with the right approach but the entitled, childish attitude by an unmentioned player drove the house up to 14 mil. I'll meet today and sell it if you want, I wouldn't mind getting it off my hands. I see you regularly using the rune libraries there quite a bit (I do use the house) and you seem like a stand-up guy, so I'd even consider a discount since your unmentioned associate at least has a non-douchebag friend. ;)
    Gideon Jura, Hollywood and ham like this.
  10. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

Capitalism, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes UOR the great game it is. I've been playing for two years now and own 7 houses. Of those 7 I use 4. The other 3 are for real estate investment. I am not rich by this game's standards but I live comfortably. Started with nothing, asked for nothing, complained about nothing and quietly made myself a little nestegg.

Like @Kirby , I worked for what I have. Sometimes rl makes demands keeping me from playing for a month, two months, but I always return and I refresh my houses personally. Players should not be penalized for what they have worked for. I don't own a fort. I am not interested in a fort, keep, castle, tower, whatever. I'm very happy with what I have and don't care what anybody else has. I didn't place my premium two storey, payed cash for it when I had saved enough. Im a capitalist and like the free market. If you own 15 forts, all the more power to you. Live and let live.

Changes? the only change I'd like to see is that when a house goes IDOC or even greatly, it should fall randomly. House sign decay status should only be visible to the owner account or friends, period. This would make it fair to everyone. You could be a newbie walking by a moongate and see a house go poof. It would give anyone the opportunity to place there with no hassles. Now THAT would be capitalism at its best and that's my 2 gps on this subject.
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    One, PaddyOBrien, Outlaw and 3 others like this.
  11. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

As do I :)

It helps when I'm at work trying to avoid, uhh, working.
    Rheanon likes this.
  12. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Kirby likes this.
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

That house has sat vacant for years, it used to say "Merry Christmas" and in my few years in the area I've never once seen anyone there. Would make an excellent spot for a tavern but I have no idea who owns it...
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Hollywood and wylwrk like this.
  15. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I will. He was graduating college, looking for career in his field and having a baby at the same time. Wanted to cut what he considered an addiction off and dedicate his focus on that.
    Air, Rheanon, One and 1 other person like this.
  16. Probably Dead

Probably Dead Member

i've always supported the 1 house per account rule. i also would prefer 1 account per person but that would never fly as well :( i miss classic uo where everyone wasnt a master of every skill due to open char enrollment and didnt have access more than 1 account normally giving them 3x the amout of chars. ( also why you cant compair pking to back in the day seeing its a lot easier and less risk as it was with just 1 account and limited chars )

i personally only own 1 home... and only run 1 client at any given time.(only time i load the second is if i need access to my house banker from the way my house security is set up ) . Yet if players werent offered the side accounts... our online count would pretty much plummet.
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Air and One like this.
  17. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

It was pretty tough back in the day to use one account, but I could definitely see a limit on houses per account. It won't happen, but even 2 or 3 per account wouldn't be too bad.
    Probably Dead and One like this.
  18. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

To be honest, the only people who miss these days were the veterans who got their 5-7xGM via macroing before the GM's started policing against it. As one of the people who used to play back in the day as a 1-3xGM, it wasn't a lot of fun fighting someone with 6 or 7xGM. That's why hitting GM on Magery was such a big deal. You had so many targets without top Strength/Hitpoints and most victims weren't above 60 resist.
  19. Probably Dead

Probably Dead Member

i mainly meant in the way that Everyone nowaday has a char in each class ( since we have access to 3 account with 5 chars each account ) most players back in the day didnt each have an assortment of perfect toons on 1 account let alone get any of them to near 7x . I mainly played a platemage back then but for some reason i remember having arms lore in my build..newb life. BUT. ya i miss the fact we use to not have easy access to extra char slots ( extra accounts ) at such ease. because if we did... i could only imagine how anti social uo would have become a lot sooner... I would love to see 1-2 house per account here as well but its hard to take away what so many are use to .
  20. The Cigarette Smoking Man

The Cigarette Smoking Man Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

TLDR, I'm getting reports about this thread and would like to remind everyone to stay on topic and not turn it into a free-for-all.
    Kirby likes this.