Suggestion: Poisoning skill should benefit Dexxers

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by xXx, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That sounds appropriate. Personally I'm still not a fan of how stackable potions were implemented here. Despite administration clearly stating that they would all still count as individual items in the discussion thread, this never happened. So everyone can carry 100+ potions, and still have room for 50 purples and all their other gear. I've been carrying 25+ cures on all characters since the first time I fought a poison fencer in the field.
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  2. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I naturally unload/restock quicker than pvpers, but I still carry 15+ GCs typically, because simply there's no reason not to.
    AnRobot- and Blaise like this.
  3. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Yeah the stackable potions are era correct….lol
  4. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Negative. I'm officially complaining. Hi all :)
    Tpain likes this.
  5. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

I dont think a stun from a wrestle punch should be the same as a stun from a spear or ss to be honest. Ill accept my godly fists though.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  6. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

I used to like nox mages, I'd like to see them buffed as well.
    Jean-Pierre and One like this.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

as someone who loves playing dexxers for pvp but who also realizes that mages are usually at an advantage...
    I too would like to see poisoning get a bufferoo.
    but, I don't care about the % chance to poison.
    IMO this hasn't seemed like such a problem to me.
    I will throw a couple short proposals out for public bashing and praising below...

BUT FIRST! I will say that reapplying poison on the field is not considered a perk of having poisoning. it's like saying an alchemist being able to craft a GEpot on the field is a perk of having alchemy. it is product of using the skill like a crafter on both sides.

1. I have heard some people say that Orcish bows take 2 arrows per shot. I have tested this recently and it is false... but how about 2 GCure pots per attempt when curing deadly poison? this will be an incentive to take poisoning up into the 90's/GM and will plow through those 30+ stacks of pots. this is of course assuming that GCures becoming un-stackable is out of the question.

2. I am a big fan of progressive-bonus skills. ones you don't only receive use for in the 90's or GM. like anatomy... you can cure at 60 and rez at 80. or detect hidden... 1 LP boost for each 20 skill. so let's do this with poison. at 60 poisoning all player poison does additional +1 dmg per tick. at 80 poison, all +2 per tick. at 100 poisoning, all still do +2, but GP and DP will land their +2 dmg tick immediately (unless victim is already noxed). this essentially adds +2 dmg per hit if the victim mashes auto cure like a fiend forcing you to constantly re-infect them.

3. could always go the route of production shards and include a small chance for the level of poison to be upgraded all the way to lethal.

obviously I don't want to see all of these rolling at once. that would be insane. I also don't want poisoning to be boosted up enough so that everyone is making a poisoner. I like the fact that it's not a top 5 template here.
    eherruh and Alice Asteroid like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Perhaps instead of buffing poisoning damage, buff the poisoner's resistance to poison itself considerably.
    eherruh, One and Bayara like this.
  10. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

a nox mage and a stealth fence poisoner get in a bar fight... who loses?
    neither!
    they put aside their differences and attack the tamer.

would be cool to have a noticeable ability to deal with being poisoned yourself as a user of the art.
    it doesn't help me get over my fascination for added finishing power though...
    since that is a major qualm with fielding as a dexxer.

EDIT: granted, I will admit, that none of my ideas help with finishing power anyways... just added DoT's and cure difficulty.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    PaddyOBrien, Jupiter, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  11. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

casted poison only goes off like 42% of the time as is.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Active Member

its not osi ren guys deal with it, private shards cater to mages. an axer with gm lumberjacking and a valorite exceptional weapon and u still cant two shot somone lol, case and point. and as far as poisoning why not just just get 30 poisoning on your dexxer. 50% chance to apply lesser in the field and lets be honest lesser poison is the gg, way more interrupts is what you really want.
  13. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

I do love me some interupts...
    but what I really want is to keep that life bar green.
    can you hear me Santa?
    ::looks wishingly at the chimney::
  14. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

15. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

This thought came to me while in the shower...

What if, at GM poisoning, you had the ability to "soak" your blade instead of just "dose" it?
    A soak is done by using poison skill then clicking the blade instead of a potion and then the keg of poison you wish to soak it in.

What are the effects of soaking?
    No idea!
    ::brainstorms::
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

The old me has many .... many memes, gifs, and jokes to follow up with.

The new me stews with arms folded in restraint.
    One likes this.
  17. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Yes!!
  18. itslike

itslike Member

Simply put potion delay or cure success %. Buffing poisoning is nonsense like alchemy explosion potion imo because everyone will go poisoning if buffed.
  19. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I've heard a bit of discussion regarding the original intent of poisoning during the Renaissance era, and it would be pretty neat to implement here, along with giving field-templates with poisoning an advantage it would give oil cloth a use.

Originally poison would corrode weapons, greatly reducing their durability over time, using an oil cloth would clean the poison, allowing dexxers to reapply the poison with little to no damage to the weapon.

Historically, in-era the poisoning skill would also determine the chance to apply poison on hit, but if memory serves the default RUO code does not take this into consideration and it's something like a flat 50% chance.