suppliez

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by triXta, Aug 16, 2012.

1. triXta

triXta New Member

whose gonna hook it up ?? i only play to pvp fuck pve bro
  2. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

lol..i say the same, but...everybody gotta do it

macro up a bard, farm for a hour or 2 a day, u can feed a pvp macro then. its just beta, everything like gold and houses are gunna be wiped, so everyone just really grinding enough to get toons ready., and buying things like runebooks that wont be readily available after launch, i would suggest taking advantage of htese things right now.
  3. triXta

triXta New Member

eh...bit insane 2 days for 95 eval from 50... think ill hold off macroing until shard gets players seems a bit redicilous atm compared to the 4 people i seen running around.
  4. Six

Six Member

Now's the time to macro with gold being worthless heh.

My eval went from 0-85 in a day of macroing magery, and by a day I mean MAYBE 8 hours.
  5. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sounds like someone doesnt understand "passive" gains.
  6. Six

Six Member

Why would you macro up eval before you were done with resist and magery anyway? Just makes it harder
  7. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

btw trixta, seen u hanging at Brit bank, ehh nobody goes there.. try moonglow, and i want to know who macros just eval also haha

perhaps they should make a different noob area. besides brit
  8. triXta

triXta New Member

Doesn't matter if you use the proper spells for gains/resist. Sure you can save a bit of regs in the long run casting the same spells everyone else does.. but with my table gains are faster normally on runuo servers, and I was macroing eval and anatomy afk.

But like I said server states 90ish on... and I barely see 5.... seems fishy is all.
  9. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

well whatever u think man, i can barely find a hunting spot a tthese times. people are farming(not accumulating more than they need for macros, because of end of month wipe)and hurrying to get their toons done before launch. better hurry up :cool:
  10. Six

Six Member

A) This server is era accurate (or at least very close and getting there), it doesn't use the same tables as other RunUO servers. There's a reason we're using the spells we're using.

B) At Skara bank I typically see at least 7 people, usually at least 5 at moonglow, etc. And these are just AFK macroers. Yew houses are full of guys macroing, not sure where you're only getting 5 on.
  11. triXta

triXta New Member

A) Everyone claims their server is UOR accurate, lol so forgive me if I don't believe it on first impression.

B) Okay so that still doesn't add up to the 80-100 players..but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt considering everyone and their mother is probably is multi clienting.

Also out of curiosity, which spells work best for gains here? I've been using Lightning and gained about 2 points and gone through 1k each reg almost.

Please don't get me wrong as I am a big fan of slow skill gain and being as era accurate as possible.. but getting players on this 15 year old game is hard enough... and slow skill gain like this will most likely turn a lot of players away. I'm sure it will also attract quite a few...but lets get real.. there's not that big of a UOR fanbase now a days...at least that's what it seems judging by the previous 15 uor servers before this. But I hope things take a turn for the best.
  12. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

DOn't have to believe anything as far as the players are concerned. Want proof go to the players online page and view them all for youself. You will see every player that is currently online.

As far as the skill gain, It doesn't matter if the game is 15 years old. People obviously keeo flocking back to UO for some reason. This is going to be a great server. I have played so many servers looking for a good one. This is the one I'm gonna play. I have been here through the beta. I have seen the staff put in the work on virtually everything from housing, to factions to the website itself and everything inbetween. The skill gain is perfect.

1. You earn your characters here. No handouts.
    2. Stops lame ass griefers from macroing a 6-7x char in one day just for the point of running around being an asshole. If you wanna make a char for griefing your gonna have to earn it.
    3. Stat loss PK's actually have to work to get their skills back after they die.

There are other reasons other can come up with im sure.

If it is a game breaker for the new age UO player then whatever. I've been playing 15 years and I have no problem earning my skills and most vets that are actually mature enough to matter don't mind it either. Not worried about getting those 11 year olds that think they know what UO is anyway and want free characters.

At the end of the day people are gonna have to ask themselves. Do they wanna play on a great server, with a great staff and a great experienced player base. This server is growing by the day and it will only get bigger. Read a bit about the site. Im sure you'll love the factions and events when everything is in place. This server is going to give people more to do then the rest of them. Keeping a player interested it 95% of he battle when building a player base. \

This server will be good for every play type.

PvM
    PvP
    Crafter
    Treasure Hunter
    RP'er
    Event Whore
    Bank Sitter

If you only wanna play the PvP ascpet thats fine. We'll need it as much as anything else and I firmly believe you will have a blast here.
  13. Six

Six Member

Excellently said. Have to agree 100% with that, Rainbow.
  14. triXta

triXta New Member

I agree with a lot of your aspects don't get me wrong I am not a fan of handouts or donations for items, etc. I just think implementing some things from other eras like "power hour" for instance would be pretty neat and attract more players. But I suppose if you're going for 100% UOR then that's out of the question.
  15. Six

Six Member

I loved power hour :D
  16. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Power hour was great guys, but what sucked was the fact that they nerfed gains after your power hour was up. I've always believed you should gain skills at an even rate, 24/7 regardless of where you macro.

One of the greatest aspects of UO, that no other game has ever matched was the ability to set up shop in a house, and develop your characters in whatever creative method you could devise.

And on the plus side guys, remember its not a race on UOR. We have taken a great deal of time to discuss methods to even the playing field for all players over the first few months of the server. Things like the land rush system of opening housing.

Take some time, and enjoy the character building process.
  17. Six

Six Member

It's not even the rush to get to GM with me in regards to power hour, it's just having something to do every day that for some reason was exciting. Right now, I look forward to 11:00 (I'm MST) because server wars start and I get to try to PK all the townies macroing with no punishment, and then head to Buc's for some PvP. I always got really excited for that double gain hour, but I guess in the same sentence I didn't macro back then so I'd always save up some bandages and regs and take my little lumberjack to kill harpies for an hour hah. The good ole days.

You guys have done a fantastic job making sure those of us who can't play all day everyday will have a good shot at getting a decent house spot and we really appreciate it!
  18. Zailm

Zailm New Member

make a fresh start!!! wipe everything, the characters too..

trust me Chris you are pissing ppl off even before launch day happens..

if everybody will start from 0 at day one trying to farm some skeleton armor and get established slowly..it would be so much fun..look at the launch of relpor..everybody started from 0 at the same evenening..population never dropped below 400 since then..

its your shard so do what u want to do..but launch day is less interesting for sure if some ppl have allready their finished chars...

good start, bad start ? you decide!

good luck..
  19. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

dude it takes 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to finish a mage toon here, on rel por u was done in 3 days. thats why.

i would prolly quit if i had to start that grind over..
  20. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sounds like you should go play rel por? People have helped for months over here to bug test this shard, and as a reward for their countless hours of effort they can have the characters they built, no need to punish the people who made this shard what it is by wiping their characters to make a little girl (you) feel better about her first period.