Tamer nerf

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by It'sallALark, Jul 4, 2017.

Should tamers be nerfed?

1. Yes, limit pet damage against players and reduce the number of mare slots to 2

36.1%
  2. No, I like hitting a hot key and letting the game fight for me. All kill no skill all day.

63.9%
  1. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It is the small blanket dilema. Pull it up to cover the shoulders (tamers) and the feet (dexxers) get cold. Push it down to cover the feet, now the shoulders get cold. And all the time bards (without provo onto players) are not even in the same bed.
    Huzke and One like this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Provo onto players would be so sweet or just being able to Provo a tamers drags onto each other. We need this
    Ouroboros, compsays and One like this.
  4. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure people would line up for the chance to pay 20 mil to keep a val weapon for life. Sign me up!
  5. Cheapsuit

Mr. Green and David Scraggs like this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

7. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I've never really subscribed to the idea that every aspect of this game should be equal at all. As such, I simply don't care about anything in this thread. Some things are better. Its life. Get used to it?

For the record, I hardly play my ONE tamer at all. Ask anyone that actually knows me.
  8. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Yeah he threw some scraps from the tamer table down to the dexxers. That slight increase in damage is nothing when compared to what we are discussing.
    Cheapsuit and One like this.
  9. Invoker

Invoker Active Member

Buff tamers.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

Cheapsuit and wylwrk like this.
  11. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

Buff tamers!
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

13. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Because the point has been beaten to death and then revived in a 6+ month old thread!

All jokes aside, a smart dexxer will always top the DPS charts in most instances/events/champions and earn those delicious pixel rewards that everyone wants, a pure tamer will never compare.
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  14. David Scraggs

Clearly you’re one of the people who 100% ok with tamers getting all the advantages and zero risk. That’s fine. You have your opinions and I have mine. I’m aware a dexxer can make some decent cash per hour and deal a nice DPS. That was never my argument. That’s my argument about archery but that’s a different thread. My point is when tamers get a perfect dragons or mares the can LITERALLY NEVER lose them if they choose. Sure it takes some cash here and there buying quest animals or even finding them on their own. Do the quest and bam. Now your dragon is NEVER at risk. My second thing is the two dragons and a mare are just to much. I feel like control slots should be reduced to 5 or 6 at a maximum and either take bonding away or give dexxers the ability to bless their weapons through a quest or something similar. As for it getting beat to death it has been and will continue to be until something gets done. It’s not secret that the staff here favors tamers and certain players.

Oh if you don’t want to participate in a thread just scroll on past it. No one forced you in here
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

16. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Instead can we add better incentives to PK tamers?

>:^]

Rare statues dropped on bonded mares and dragons?
  17. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member

Astrophysics black guy... Hayden Planetary fly...
    David Scraggs likes this.
  18. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I don't really enjoy playing my tamer, nor do I consider it zero risk even with bonded pets, it's a different playstyle entirely, but please continue to make your baseless assumptions so I can take them down in turn. I've dealt with hundreds of tamers over the years that have chosen to bond or not to bond pets, I would be surprised if any of them considered it "zero risk". I've been on this shard 5 years and only done the bonding quest once and bonded a pet that never leaves the stables, my main dragons are always unbonded as are many in the field, but I digress. I enjoy playing my dexxer out of all the characters I have, he has strengths that my tamer doesn't and weakness that other templates don't, it's simple enough to look at one aspect and forget that different playstyles cater to different templates.

All the points you have made have been raised dozens of times in the shard history, this thread, notwithstanding is one of the more recent ones. I've even commented on this very thread some months ago that the control slots should be reduced to five, yet you seem to have completely ignored most of the thread to push your own agenda in a blind fury. As for staff favoring tamers or certain players, I'd love to see evidence, but I'm sure it will be just as baseless and hollow as most of your other claims.

Also, let's not forget (or completely ignore) the fact that dexxers can faction bless their weapons, but that isn't enough.

Sadly it seems like you've missed my points entirely, and it's somewhat disheartening to see that rather than a civil discussion you'd rather shout and scream until you get your own way. I wont reply any more as my points have been made, but I'm sure you will shout enough for the rest of us.
  19. David Scraggs

Bravo sir. Way to prove your point by refusing to come back. Every here knows that playing a tamer is near or is zero risk. You simply can’t make a valid point as to why a tamer can have perfect weapon and bond them and never lose them where as a dexxer can’t. Period. This shard is tilted for the tamer. Everyone knows it including you. For whatever reason you don’t seem to mind and that’s ok. I and I think many others would like to see dexxers get some of that love in the form of being able to bless our weapons. You disagree? Fair enough. I haven’t ignored faction blessing. I chose not to be involved in factions. Do I have to partake in factions to bond my dragons? Nope. In fact a tamer gets one bond slot free nearly. Two percuilar meat and a week in a stable and bam. Never lose a perfect weapon. We all know it’s easy to build a tamer here too. You can nearly do it afk. Get grief killed a few times and copy and paste a few macros and your there. I’m not saying it’s any harder for a dexxer either. Two characters and you can gm nearly everything in a day or two. As you stated the dexxers pmayed properly can take in some very good coin and do very well in DPS va dragons but the risk vs reward just isn’t on the same level.

The proof that tamers the staff favors tamers is very clear. Just look at what tamers get vs what dexxers get. You’re seriously going to argue that? Wait wait wait....it’s period correct...like pet bonding and the zoo keepers quest. As for the player parts that one is more difficult to prove so I’ll concede on that one.

Just because you don’t consider playing a tamer very low risk doesn’t mean it isn’t. Myself and many others here will disagree with you. You should know this by the countless threads on this very topic. Also I did see where you mentioned reducing the slots to 5 but that’s not going to reduce the risk a dexxer takes to use a Uber weapon. Anyway nice chatting with you.
  20. Cheapsuit

I think asking for any template to be as powerful as tamers is just unrealistic. But there should be better balance between warriors and mages imo.
    I don't play any tamer whatsoever, but I'd much rather see them Godlike than mages.