Tamer Stat Loss

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lichend, Oct 18, 2015.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Someone with dragons and nightmares are far better equipped to handle griefers than the lone person trying to farm in a dungeon using blade spirits or melee skills. Be alert just like anyone else, and if someone attacks your pets watch how they run when you turn the pets on them.
    One and Pork Fried Rice like this.
  2. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

I would argue for the use of throwaways, just like people did before the bonding expansion.
  3. Plankton

Plankton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How about it? Pets rez with the random starting skills of a newly spawned creature.
  4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

That's what everything you're saying boils down to when you look past the specifics.
  5. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Have you ever tried hiding on your tamer? PK shows up, you hide. They engage your pets. If they paralyze your pets, you can always free them with a magic arrow.
  6. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

Understand, loosing things sucks, but, If everything was easy, what would the point in playing be. 2.5 stat loss.. pfft! if my dragons die right now.. i loose them!
  7. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Stat loss is needed as tamers are currently Over Powered. If your going to be farming 20-30k per hour there has to be some risk involved.

I use nothing but packs of single slot tames that die almost daily, dont see me complaining :D
    Ouroboros likes this.
  8. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

20-30k/hr is an under statement, and there's an entire thread dedicated to teaching people how to increase inflation at rapid rates in the guide section.
  9. Stack 0verflow

Stack 0verflow New Member

Except no competent tamer gets 20-30k an hour, but triple that.

Compare tamers with solo mages, bards, or dexers, and it's perfectly clear which one is better at everything. If you don't like your tamer and don't want the risk, then why not play a bard, or dexer?

To put this into perspective, think of your dragon as what it is. A tool. About the same amount of work goes into finding a perfect dexer weapon as getting a perfect drag or mare, except dragons do infinitely more damage, they prevent you from taking damage, they can't get stolen or looted, and will never break. Tell me exactly how that's balance.
    Keza likes this.
  10. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Everyone has good points but I have noticed that most of the "retorts" are coming from people that don't play tamers on a daily basis, players that don't do level 7 maps on a daily basic etc.

I think most and foremost what this will do, is force people to quit farming and move on to doing things in safety such as amibs and bod farming. I haven't farmed in a dungeon in a month or more before stat loss and I surely won't be with stat loss in. So anyone worried about statloss on their 7x pets, just start buying/fishing up amibs, make 3 smiths and 3 tailors. Every 6 hours get those bods from the smith AND the tailor and sell them in bulk once you have 100+ each. With the chance for rares + selling all plat/chest from the amibs, you can still make a decent profit. Once there is noone to kill in the dungeons anymore, people will start wondering why.

If you no longer give people a target when they are out looking for your pets to kill, they will bore out fast and find other things to do as well.
  11. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

PKs aren't running around looking for pets to kill; sorry.

They are looking for people... MOST People just happen to have pets with them. I wonder why that is.

J/k.

TRAM PLEASE.
    BlackEye likes this.
  12. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

oh they are def lookin for pets to kill now. Its part of their grief process.
  13. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Well I'm of the honest opinion that bonding shouldn't even be a part of this server... but we know that's never going to change.

This thread doesn't even beat around the bush: Multiple people straight up ask for trammel.

Lame.
    BlackEye likes this.
  14. Pork Fried Rice

Funny, everyone saying PKs need to have it tougher aren't playing PKs on a daily basis either and the few that might be aren't running deep in stat where macroing isn't an option.
    Mindless likes this.
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you're going into a situation where your dragon has a decent chance of dying, I would definitely suggest using a "burner" dragon.
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  16. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you choose to play the bad guy. Didn't your momma ever teach you that evil never wins? Maybe you need to watch a few more cartoons!
    Next time instead of attacking the first person you see, ask them if there is anything you can do to help them. You will feel much better about yourself!
  17. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

This will be the way we combat the statloss. But I would still encourage people to stop hunting in the spots that the pks frequent(until they stop targetting the dragons after they kill you). At least for a while. If anyone needs tips on how to make the same amount as cash as they would make farming. Please let me know.
  18. Pork Fried Rice

If evil never wins, why are you crying about the current situation? It sounds like "evil" is winning. Also, I help more people than you probably know. I don't make it a point to go GOOD JOB PORKY *pat pat pat* like some people (not implying you do) might do.

My point still stands. Why are non-daily tamers not allowed to make remarks about tamers, but non-daily PKs are allowed to make remarks about PKs? Please answer.
    BlackEye and Stack 0verflow like this.
  19. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

The original poster hasn't replied! They've pulled everyone into the revolving door discussion regarding tamers and the special attention they receive. On a broader note, the revolving door discussion regarding trammel and felucca.
  20. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

lol pork...I sense that you just want to argue rather than discuss points...which is fine with me.

Please show me where I said that you are NOT ALLOWED to make remarks? I believe my words were "Everyone has good points but I have noticed that most of the "retorts" are coming from people that don't play tamers on a daily basis, players that don't do level 7 maps on a daily basic etc."

I didn't say it was wrong, I was stating that we need more retorts from players that play tamers AND pks. You are just so used to getting dissed/butthurt that you take anything as an insult.

My remarks about making players res with stat loss is simply because, there is no risk when you can just cycle through 3 different pks while the other is macroing. If 1 dies, macro him as a ghost while going to PK # 2. If #2 dies, go to PK # 3, hopefully PK#1 has macroed his counts off by the time PK#3 dies.

And back to reading comprehension 101...I was arguing points for both sides. Not single sided like everyone else and their personal agendas. I did mention that stat loss was good and should maybe even be up to 5% for all other stats except magery and resist(the 2 that are the hardest to macro and don't really play a huge roll in pvp) Now magery plays a roll, but the difference between 90-100 isn't a big deal, and people will stop using their pets once it drops to 90, so they will never get their magery dropped to levels to where their dragon is "useless" in pvp. They will just switch to another(like the pks do) while the other is training that night. It's kinda silly honestly.