Tamer Stat Loss

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lichend, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Ya I don't think anyone should come back from the dead 7x GM, lets do away with resurrection altogether and just remacro anytime someone dies. : )
    Pork Fried Rice and Plankton like this.
  2. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Pets aren't the same as player characters. But I would totally back up this idea along with limiting people to 1 account, 1 character (heck, even 1 account, 5 characters)
    Blaise likes this.
  3. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This thread is an abomination. Here's my 2 cents, even though nobody cares:

Pet stat loss is part of the game because dragons are OP, especially 7x ones. If you're taking dragons into situations that are risky and NOT designed for tamers (i.e. lvl 7 maps that were specifically designed for non-tamers... you may notice pet damage is hugely nerfed in them), you'll have to pay the consequences when they die. Even so, my group took dragons into all 3 of the existing lvl 7 maps and lost a grand total of zero of them. A timer is NOT enough. Nobody is forcing tamers into lvl 7 maps and the rewards can greatly outweigh a little macro action. Risk/reward, remember?

The system is working as designed and the game is not catered to your OCD. Nobody is forcing you to use 7x dragons. In fact, I've farmed for months WITHOUT 7x dragons. I've never once macroed a pet. It's unnecessary. If you are worried about your precious pet losing skill points, leave them in the stable. The fact that stat loss was disabled for so long has given people the notion that they are somehow entitled to having 7x pets all the time. That's insane. If you have 7x pets, know that you will always be a target, in the same way that someone who has a +25 indestructible vanq slayer would be. Many players, myself included, will kill your pets to attempt to lessen your power.

Pets were never meant to be a "hit 7x and forget about them" sort of deal. If you want to farm with 7x pets all the time, it will require a lot of macroing, patience, and smart play.

On a side note, NOBODY afk farms anything of consequence. If they did, not only would they be unable to loot, but they would be constantly pk'd.
    AnRobot- likes this.
  4. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

As it is, pet stat loss is the ONLY risk and consequence that a tamer can possibly face. It's a built in protection from tamer PKs and PVPers, which nobody wants to be prevalent. If you want to play the most OP class in the game, you should absolutely be forced to play smart and carefully, as well as have some consequence for losing your pets. Resurrecting your pets mid battle is HUGELY risky and not advised, as it should be.
    One and AnRobot- like this.
  5. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

I think the only way to solve this issue for everyone is to completely remove the skill animal taming, as well as animal lore.

That way everyone can put this issue to rest.
  6. Pork Fried Rice

If we're playing that game, let's remove all skills except wrestling, hiding, and cooking.
    One and Dyne like this.
  7. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking christ I was trolling/kidding and got 5 likes in like 30 mins lol....

Unless Im getting counter-trolled......

CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC (DUN DUN DUN)
    Plankton likes this.
  8. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

This thread is great entertainment and makes my work day go by faster! Man, nothing makes a long thread like a discussion about tamers, bonding, and felluca/trammel.

PFR, you should know by now that even with just those three skills, a UO player would find some way to grief another player.

Your sarcasm was not lost on me.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Indeed... I have two layovers today and it's been fun checking in on this golden thread between flights.

I just can't wait to circle back home and start on my tamer.

Anyone wanna be my senpai?
  10. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Wait, is this sarcasm too?
  11. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Correct, This game is not catered to my OCD nor anyone elses OCD or playstyle. That is why we all love and still play a 20 year old game. That doesn't change the fact that I guarantee there will be alot less people in the dungeons and world as more people go toward safer ways to earn money such as bod collecting/amibs. And that is what this is all about. Only time will tell, and like I have said, I have been wrong before!
  12. Pork Fried Rice

If someone can't feel safe with 2 bonded dragons and a mare, or 4 mares (that they can't even lose), they aren't looking to play UO. They should play the game that's fit for them. At some point if you change the game too much, you've removed much of what makes UO, UO. Chris wants people to play UO, so he claims, not EQ2 with UO graphics.

New topic. Skill lose is already a thing for tames here. No reason to keep debating that...Who thinks we should include STAT loss for tames but allow retraining of stats to whatever tames are capped at?
  13. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Skill loss is already a thing yes...but so was griefing/camping level 7 maps less than a week ago. You see where that went. haha
  14. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I think this whole debate/problem would never exist if the optimal PvM template was also the optimal PvP template.
  15. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

The fact remains that you can farm effectively with fresh tames... I hope there is less tamer farming in dungeons, honestly. More for me :D
    Mindless likes this.
  16. The Smiths

The Smiths Member

My mare accidentally died, and I was shocked and appalled by the loss it took in stats. Its been 2 days and its not even close to the mare it once was.

This is a very sad thing. Please remove this stat loss.
  17. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Come again? Tamer is the strongest pvp and pve template.
  18. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I think that was somewhat acknowledged by staff when a higher pet stat loss was implimented for Faction tamers
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I was being ironic with a dash of smarmy. :p
  20. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

it's smarm that always throws me off
    Alice Asteroid and Punt like this.