Tamer Template Suggestions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Bran, Sep 24, 2015.

1. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I would ditch resisting spells altogether. Since you have a tank (your pets), it is really only useful against pks, and at 50, probably not that useful. Or at least, imo, not as useful as the constant utility of having that 50 points in something else. For sure I would GM vet. For that last 30 points I would maybe spend some time on test to figure out what resulted in more melee weapon DPS. Fairly easy to get a stock of +20/25 vanqs to use so maybe you COULD leave tactics at 80ish, I dont know. Test shard and a combat log book will tell you what variation is better dps.
    Since you are only casting rarely (self cures/heals, magic resist, recalls/gates), You could probably ditch some meditation as well. Since med is so easy to raise (wizard hat trick), I would go out into the field with low low med and then if you find yourself constantly out of mana raise it a bit and try again.
    newme likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Looks to me like you're wearing your objectives a little thin and trying to do it all yourself at the expense of your character's capability to do anything particularly well.

You're very close to something that would do quite well in Ancient MIB's though (see Guerry's post).
    newme likes this.
  3. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

This is what I am trying out right now.
  4. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

That is a nice look, Bran. :)
  5. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

I run a dex tamer.

100/100/25

GM Swords
    GM Anatomy
    GM Animal Lore
    GM Taming
    Vet
    Heal
    Tactics

He can just about read a 4th circle scroll (30 magery) and takes spell dmg like a designer drug (0 resist).

Against reds and without recalling pretty much his only chance is an all kill followed by a suicide/banzai charge and a lucky dice roll/whack.

That said I love playing the character. Something about riding a mare with some badass weapon armor combo. You can wear any armor with any DEX penalty and compensate with a pot and still be over 100 for 3 sec vets.

You can create a simple loop bandage macro with 3 sec delay for each pet and set it to a hotkey all you have to do is get within vet range of the pet taking dmg and activate it.

One thing to be aware of is re-aggro on mobs especially high level casters. You send in your dragons to attack then get in position to vet the one that is tanking dmg and decide since you are all ready there to have a whack with your silver hally on that ancient lich which causes it to switch from attacking the dragon to casting a flamestrike combo onto you and your screen goes grey.

This character also requires an alt to gate him and his pets around.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    StarTrakZack likes this.
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Just FYI, being re-aggrod by mobs has nothing to do with them being high level, its 100% positioning. Once mastered, you will never be re-aggrod unless you want to be. Mobs will attack that nearest to them, so if your swinging a sword at a mob whilst standing diagonal to itand your mare is straight, your mare will always be tanking the dmg.
    Leopold and Vincent Blackshadow like this.
  7. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

Did not know that.

Thanks for the info.