Taming ideas

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pruslas, Oct 9, 2017.

UOR needs more tamable pets

Poll closed Nov 8, 2017.
  1. YES!

66.7%
  2. NAAAH

33.3%
  1. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I thought I knew you were being sarcastic, but reading the rest of your post it seems not. Well, Franz Pfniffel definately needs a yellow sea horse!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, this video enlightens us on the true killing machines sea horses really are.
    One likes this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ridable scorpions
    Hollywood, One and Jakob like this.
  4. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

So... does that tail function like those things in Avatar? Connecting to the animal one is riding?
    One and Rextacy like this.
  5. Pruslas

Pruslas Member

Maybe this is why there has been no progress in previous debates about this subject. Some of us are really quick to pollute a completely constructive and open conversation with "jokes".

I am opposed to this idea. I really do not want to be a place where you can ride scorpions, bugs, beetles etc. I think not having these make UOR special in a lot of ways. I took a good 7 year break from playing UO, when I decided to get back into it, I briefly checked almost all the current shards. %99 of these shards are suffering from this. Let's keep it the way it is. Let's discuss new hues and new taming challenges and how would it encourage people to explore more of the world.

Here is another idea, how about introducing egg hatching? There could be randomly spawning eggs in the world and you can go collect these as you run into them. You could place these in your house for 2 weeks let's say and at the end of that time you'd get a random colored ostard. There could also be egg trading if this was the case, it would be fun too because you do not know what kind of an ostard you are going to get from the egg.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

My bad man, I'll stay away from joking!
    One likes this.
  7. Pruslas

Pruslas Member

Jokes are fine man, jokes are great.
    Sorry if I made it sound harsh. We are just digressing fast, lets focus on the subject as the title of this thread dictates. That's all I was saying. :)
    Jakob likes this.
  8. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

New Hues would be cool, and there is a precedence already set with the "PANK" Ponies that I suspect we won't see again until Valentines day Massacre 2018
    and I like the idea of riding into town on my " Bloodthirsty Bull",

Edit: I don't mean Fluorescent Hues, just maybe a few new "Natural" Hues to the horses and such.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  9. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  10. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

Just don't overload the server with non-era, ugly looking colored bullshit/mounts nobody needs.
    This will bring UO:R on the same step where all the (dumb) freeshards are standing.

Horses, ethys and nightmares are good and enough. Everything else including other (wrong) colors or rideables are just at the wrong place here.

And thats another point why i like UO:R.
    Buga and Rextacy like this.
  11. Pruslas

Pruslas Member

Completely agreed. Biggest thing for me in this discussion is having nontamer characters access different mounts. They can not have many different mounts at the moment. Its only llama, horse, forest ostard(s) and desert ostard. Id like to see new horse hues, natural ones. Maybe some desert ostard hues, maybe llama hues. That is all I would like to see. Otherwise, I agree, we do not need crappy glowing hues that'd make UOR look like any other immature shards.