Taming Question...

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kaillic, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kaillic

Kaillic New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I'm still fairly new to this server and have been enjoying it. However I have a question for all you tamers out there. Below is my current build that I'd like a bit of help with.

1) Taming = 100
    2) Animal Lore = 100
    3) Magery = 100
    4) Meditation = 100
    5) Music = 100
    6) Peacemaking = 100
    7) Thinking about either Vet, or Eval Int.

Out of all the time I've played UO years and years ago I've never played a Tamer. I've always tried to make one and never stuck with it until now.

Also seeing as this is my first Tamer, I'd like to know if anyone sees any flaws in my build where you think that I may or may not be able to go around and tame Dragons and Nightmares solo. My thought was to peacemake them and attempt taming them until hopefully I accomplish the task.

Thank you all for your time and thoughts.

Kaillic
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Personaly, I don’t like peacemaking. It breaks too fast on high end creatures, so it will likely not help too much. There’s great places to tame in relative safety and if you’re smart, you should have no problem taming dragons amd mares. For this particular build, I find provo much more useful.

For your 7th skill go vet. No question about it.
    Chadarius likes this.
  3. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member

Totally agree with Pirul. Provo and Vet fit best in your build.

If you were to use Eval it would be as a pure mage/tamer which might be better for PvP but not so good for elite levels of PvM
  4. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Definitely Vet. As this is your first tamer you will need this, or your pets will spend more time dead than alive and you will need to ask others for a ress. Also bandages are way cheaper than greater heal regs, and it is super easy to train.

If you don't want to go the Provo route, you can opt for discordance if you are into single spawn type monsters. It drops monsters stats/skills by 20 percent. Either way dropping peace makes for a much more reliable/viable build.
  5. Kaillic

Kaillic New Member

Thank you guys for the advice. I'm currently correcting the build to replace peacemaking with provoke and raising my vet skill as I train my current Nightmare. Sort of slow going, but hey I'm gaining skill, my Mare is gaining skill, and I'm gaining gold.
  6. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

why can't the stable master ress dead pets?
  7. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Gather yourself a bunch of bandaids and have two horses fight each other and macro vet that way. Horses are best for raising vet. Unless you prefer doing it currently how you are of course.