Target Que or no?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Por Corp Wis, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Got some advice from an experience UOR PvP recently and he STRONGLY emphasized using target ques and getting used to mindless repetitive usage of cleartargetque to prevent mistargeting.

He said it provided so much time benefit in PvP that I should start using this.

Having some issues though with still having targets que'd and mistargeting. Sooner or later Im gonna cast the wrong spell on the wrong target by trying to type text and I cast a spell on my que'd target DESPITE my trying to use cleartargetque frequently.

What do the rest of you do? Do you que targets and use cleartargetque frequently or do you just target after your target cursor appears?
  2. Por Corp Wis

bump? kinda surprised not 1 single response in 24 hours.

Ive decided that after trying to play WITHOUT target que after using it for a few days I cant live without it.

Everything seems SO much slower without queing targets.

Ill just have to get better at spamming clear target que and being aware of what im doing.

What are others thoughts?
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Alright. I use que targets and clear target que because like your experience showed, it is faster. In the beginning I would absolutely miss que all the time and end up hitting the wrong targets etc, but with time you get better at it, although mistakes still happen. For me the evidence is in the cursor. If you don't que, you will inevitably end up dieing WITH a cursor up that could/should have saved you, like a cure or a heal. With que on, that cursor would have ended up saving you.
    I think for most players unfamiliar with queing targets, the first month of doing so with be frustrating with thoughts of how much better you were before you tried queing. Eventually the learning curve will catch up and you will be glad you built your foundation correctly. There ARE good pvpers who do not use target que, but I would argue that they would be BETTER pvpers if they qued, maybe not right off the bat, but once adept at the mechanic.
  4. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

But... but... I don't wanna. =\

To clarify: El Horno is right. I personally do not use target queuing... but it is probably one of the last few things I could do to step my game up. *grumbles*
  5. El Horno

mindless is exactly the person i was thinking of when I said vet pvpers who COULD be better if they qued.
  6. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Target Queue, yes.

Action Queue, no (IMO). Harder to "clear" this one.
  7. El Horno

It is difficult to take something your good at and purposefully make yourself suck at it until you fix old habits. That's why I recommend queing from the gate.
  8. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Ive never used it, never will.
    Zim, Vlar and Mindless like this.
  9. Por Corp Wis

Action que? What is action que? I dont see that as an option in either Razor or UO game options.....
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Highlight # 1
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I killed myself constantly when I tried using que targets.
  12. Por Corp Wis

Same....working thru that exactly right now......hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel and eventually I stop doing that and keep using target ques....
  13. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

I'm using queue target :D
    its so easier!
    If u want a nice little macro for fast cast, try that :
    Make a macro under UO Client.
    First line : Last target.
    Second line : cast spell - ebolt or the onee u like.

Now test it, cast explo wait 2 sec. Use ur new macro and queue last target. U will cast like superman!

See u!
  14. Akasha

Akasha Member

Absolutely not ever. Especially in a UOR environment with casting recovery. There will always be times where you wish you had been able to hold the spell for some reason or another.
  15. xXx

xXx Active Member

You can clear que to hold the spell tho right?

I too am one of those pvp vets that doesn't use this, but knows he should ;-(
  16. Por Corp Wis

Maybe im not understanding target que correctly, or maybe I just use it better than average but....you can 100% still hold spells with target que.

I bind a hotkey to either clear tarque que, or cancel current target. I havnt found any difference between the 2 whatsoever. I know the difference in how they "should" work, but in razor function I find them to be 100% interchangable.

When you cast your spell either make sure you cleartarget/que prior to casting, or during the cast animation before the target cursor show and you can hold that spell or action just like you would if there were no que at all.

Now that I have been using target ques for...well not really sure at least since 9/21 as of when I posted the OP I rarely (if ever) miscue any more and couldnt imagine NOT using target ques...unless theres something I dont 100% understand.

Queing targets and cancelling target ques has bencome second nature "standard UO gaming" technique to me now so I dont feel it takes any more time and only a brief subconcious effort to manipulate it however I want at this point.

Id recommend it.
    Bogugh, El Horno and Pax Romain like this.
  17. xXx

xXx Active Member

Well damnit, you are convincing me. I have always been able to stand with and beat the best of the best, so I figured it wasn't necessary. But anythging that gives an edge is good in my book..
  18. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Who is your pvp toon xxx?
  19. Por Corp Wis

It will be clumsy and feel very awkward at first.

If you want to really evaluate if you like it or not you need to just work through it.

When I first started I was constantly doing stupid shit like "all killing" myself with dragons and casting spells on ppl when typing and a variety of other things.

It never happens to me anymore, both by awareness of clearing que regularly or altering macros (ie clear target que/all kill) where necessary.

FWIW.
    xXx likes this.
  20. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

You don't even need to clear it. Just don't press a target hotkey and it will not cast unless you already had something set.