Tentacles of the harrower khaldun

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Rellik, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Rellik

Rellik New Member

Went to fight this mob this morning and noticed that it has perma spell reflect. This is definitely not accurate.
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I seem to recall being able to cast on it directly but it would do only 1 damage unless you were adjacent to it when the damage resolved. This may have been a mechanic that began after AoS, though.
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Lost my first set of dragons to this douchebag. 'How hard can it be?' I thought.

RIP Ralph and Keith.
    StarHunter likes this.
  5. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This is actually the intended mechanics.

The harrower tentacles are a unique creature which while being a natural spawn (khaldun), they are primarily associated with the super-champion (the harrower) that can be summoned by collecting all 6 champion skulls from their respective owners. The tentacles have a permanent magic reflection as well as the ability to life-drain any player or tamed (or hired) entity within a short range. Any life drained by this ability will heal the tentacles directly. If the tentacles are linked to a harrower, the life drained will heal both the tentacles & the harrower they're linked with directly.
  6. nightshark

nightshark Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Just wanted to throw in my memory of the tentacles. I used to farm the tentacles quite often after Khaldun was released on OSI. A friend and I would sit there, take down the reflect, dump and med. Tentacles would put reflect back up, rinse, repeat.

Is the intended implementation here supposed to be accurate? I couldn't find any useful info from Google.
  7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

As far as I remember on OSI the best way to kill them was by turning a WW loose on them.......by turning them loose I mean releasing them.

I cant remember why but released WWs just tore those things up......
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It would certainly be nice, on the topic of the Tentacles, if there were an LoS check put into their 'pull' effect. Fighting these bastards in Wrong is just madness when the True Harrower spawns.
    Basoosh likes this.
  9. nightshark

nightshark Member

According to a website I read earlier (from around the time Khaldun was released), this is because the tentacles wouldn't life leech from other (non-tame) mobs. So provoking mobs was an easy way to kill it. Letting a WW loose would probably kill it pretty easily.
  10. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Lol...