The Atrium Mart Moonglow needs your help!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by RIN, Feb 12, 2018.

1. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You find yourself walking out of the East gate of Moonglow one fine morning. Deep in your thoughts, your eyes scan your surroundings without you paying any real attention. You look left off the path and see the Atrium Mart, workers busily running to and fro preparing the day's wares. Your eyes go back naturally to the path beneath your feet when a gruff voice calls out to you.

He: "Ahem. You there I say!"

You: "Me, good sir?"

He: "Why, who else would I be calling at?!?!"

Your eyes look around you to see if there is anyone else he could be addressing. In a moment they go back to the shop and center on an older man with a beard wearing a straw hat. Holding a large meat cleaver, he looks at you with a piercing gaze, as if he is sizing you up. Not, you hope, with any intentions concerning the cleaver in his hand.

[​IMG]

You: "Well what can I do for you on such a fine morn'?"

He: "My name be Richard and I'm standing here like a young whippersnapper with too much idle time on his hands because I'm waiting."

You: "Waiting for what, may I ask?"

Richard: "Why I don't know rightly. Is it you I'm waiting for? You see my boss, Paul, gave me this here book and says with the upmost importance: 'Now Richard. Find me a stalwart adventurer to help us in finding our dear friend Paolo. He has gone missing again and this time I fear, trouble is at hand.' Well I says, who shall do my work? Preparing the meat for sale? But you know those well-to-do learned types. Thinking they know everything worth while."

He disdainfully spits on the ground. Forcing the book in your hands, you open it while noticing he seems more interested in getting back to work that the task laid out before him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You close the book slowly, thinking it over.

Richard: "Well?!?!"

You: "Well what?"

The old man begins to turn red in the face with annoyance.

Richard: "Are you going to take this here book from me and undertake this oh-so-important task so I can actually go back to doing some real work?!?!"

Well, do you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you choose to begin this quest, please proceed to Richard at the Atrium Mart Moonglow, and purchase the book for 500g. Send a private message to RIN on the forums indicating your desire to have a little light heart-ed fun. This quest should have roughly 4 parts and it will be requested that as you complete each step, you write a thread in this forum or response to this thread detailing your adventure. Including screen shots and a written story of your actions and deeds is mandatory! The more embellishment and effort you place into it will not only entertain all of us more, but will earn you an increased reward at the conclusion.

And this is my first time doing anything like this, so please bear with me :)
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Canis, One, eherruh and 5 others like this.
  2. Higler

Higler Member

Is this quest on going or just first person to complete?
  3. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

First person to buy the book and PM me.
  4. Higler

Higler Member

After deciding to help this poor lost fellow I purchased the instructions book and set off to gather materials to aid in his safe return. I first ventured around my home town of Occllo to find cotton and sheer sheep to craft the cloth needed for sails. Then i made the long journey to the mountain of Britaina to find some metal ore from mining rocks and smelt it into usable iron ingots for the rudder. The next day I ventured out into the woods surrounding my new home near Minoc and cut trees for many long hours to find enough oak wooden boars for the hull of the ship. I have turned these materials in and am awaiting my boat and the next set of instructions to sail and find my lost fellow citizen.

Attached Files:

eherruh and RIN like this.
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

With the last nail driven in, Pavli stands up, his back aching. Looking over the boat, his critical eye sees all. Not his best ship for sure, but he was rushed. Every few hours Paul stopped by and demanded to know his progress. "Every hour may be an eternity for poor Paolo!". But still, building a seaworthy vessel in under a day was no trifling matter. Luckily, Stiger dropped off the supplies just in time for Pavli and his team of carpenters to set to work.

Not the finest ship perhaps, but fast it would be. That was Paul's only instruction.

Eyes were upon him. He knew they waited to see if he approved, to see if they could find their beds at last. Pavli looked up at them. Tired eyes looked back. Glancing to the corner, he saw Stiger. Tired his eyes were not. Determination he saw. Richard picked this one well he thought.

Looking back at the workers, he nodded. Cheers arose as they started to gather their things and leave.

Pavli: "Richard! Go tell Paul it is done. Tell him..."

He looked again at Stiger.

Pavli: "...I've sent him off with the Wave Glider."
    eherruh likes this.