The basics of UOR Stats

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Blaise, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Stolen directly from Basoosh, the following information is the basics of stats on UORenaissance:

Strength:
    Determines Max Health. Max Health = 50 + ( strength / 2 ). Strength also grants a bonus to weapon damage. Str *(.2) = %bonus to combat effectiveness. Strength also determines how much weight your character can carry. Each 1 strength is 3.5 more stones carrying capacity.

Dexterity: Determines Max Stamina. Current stamina determines bonus to attack speed: SwingLatency = 15000 / {[STAM+100] * WepSpeed}. Stamina also impacts the time it takes to use a bandage.

Intelligence: Determines max mana and is a factor in some spell damage formulas. Each 1 intelligence grants 1 additional maximum mana.
    Stat cap: Each stat has a limit of 100. Your combined total may not exceed 225.

Raising stats: You have a chance to gain stats when you use skills. Different skills raise stats to different degrees. In the skill list you can see what your chance of raising a stat is when gaining that skill. The format is strength / dexterity / intelligence.

Balancing stats: (IMPORTANT) Mindblast is a spell that does damage based on your highest and lowest stat as shown below. Consider the implications this spell can have on your character and the stat choices you make!
    [The damage formula for Mindblast is [(Highest Stat - Lowest Stat)/2 not to exceed 40].

Example Templates:

My lumberjack template is probably one of my favorites to play. Personally, on big damage builds (macer, lumberjack) I would never run less than 100 Str, for maximum damage output. As such, I have to 'balance' my stats between Dex and Int. I want faster bandage heals, and better swing cycles with my weapon so I want the highest dexterity I'm comfortable with. I like to run 70 Dexterity, which leaves me with 55 Int. I have enough mana to break off some Greater Heals and pull enough Cures if I run out of potions, to potentially make an escape.
    Without potions or stat spells in effect, Mind Blast damage on Caramon would be 22.5 at best (or the difference between 100 and 55, divided by two)
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/41980

My Mages, opposite of my big hitters, rely on mana for damage. As such, I like to run high levels of Intelligence. I tend to run a lower Dexterity on my mages than I do Intelligence on my warriors, because there's Agility potions. I can pot up to 55 Dexterity easily and balance out my 90 Strength/35 Dexterity split on the fly.
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/6840

Granted, you'll want to pay close attention to what spells are being cast on you. Quite often, opponents will cast spells to spread the stats, for example, on Quentin, one may opt to cast Cunning and Clumsy, thus increasing the spread between Dex/Int, opening me up for big Mind Blast hits.

If anyone has some good examples or tactics related to how they set their stats, by all mean, share.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For a pvp character, stat balancing is pretty important. If you're going to be fighting monsters most of the time, they don't know whether your stats are balanced or not. So they just use Mind Blast in their regular spell rotation equally often whether you're 100 100 25 or 75 75 75. For this reason, all of my characters that primarily fight monsters are 100 100 25 or 100 25 100. Bards and Tamers shouldn't be getting hit with spells anyways, and even with dexers... using 70 DEX is slowing your swings down by 15%. I'd gladly deal with some heavy-hitting Mind Blasts occasionally, if it means I swing and kill stuff 15% faster.