The Darkness is Rising (Chapter One)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Gharik, May 15, 2014.

1. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've heard rumors of a shadow creeping over the forests of Trinsic. The sound of clanking steel, and what I can only describe as rattling bones, can be heard if you travel West out of the gate. After I purchase some provisions, I will be off to investigate.

Each step I take becomes more labored than the last. The air wreaks of rotten flesh and flame. Unholy shrieks and screams can be heard off in the distance, but I dare not turn back. A powerful presence can be felt, a familiar feeling from my past. It can't be, The Guardian was defeated centuries ago...

As I reach the edge of the forest, my worst fears are confirmed. The Guardian has indeed returned to this realm. The Undead have constructed a crude fortress near one of Trinsic's holy resting grounds. The majority of the graves are now empty, providing an army of labor with undying loyalty to Him. The smoke from the forges is stifling, as is the stench of death.

After scanning the area and recording the horrific scene, my heart drops. I see the reanimated skeletal remains of a great man I once knew. There is no mistaking the towering skeletal frame of the great warrior once known as Gharik. Gharik's booming voice shook the ground and his minions into action. This is terrible new for those who fight for the Light. The Paladins of Trinsic need to be warned of this powerful evil festering in the West. Unfortunately, we Historians took a vow of neutrality and cannot intervene in the conflict that is soon to come.

I slowly turn to leave, heart heavy with grief. Sadly, good and evil will always have conflict. Good may not always prevail, but that is not for me to decide. I am merely a Historian. I only exist in this world to record its history.
    HateCrime likes this.
  2. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Brymstone rose from his dark slumber, a voice beckoned him or was it simply a dream. Then the vision of he that commands the undead. The Guardian had come to this land, Brymstone knew it would only be a matter of time until he must answer the call and join his brethren, for good or for ill, destiny had finally found him once more.
    Gharik likes this.
  3. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Brymstone my old friend... The time is quickly approaching...
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

You might be one foul-mouthed mofo in the IRC but you can write! :)
  5. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I have been guarding the way as has been kept by the dead. I stand ready once more Lord Gharik to serve the will of the Guardian. We shall rise again.