The Eights of March!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Jupiter, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Ye Citizens of Sosaria, I warn you to beware the Eighths of March! But what? Those scholars and learned folk among us may point and scoff at Jupiter, for everyone knows this clever reference is to the Ides of March which occurs on the 15th; not the 8th. However, as a spectacular moment of coincidence it just so happens that this Saturday will actually be the 15th of March in Sosarian time! Now this could just be that I’m making up convenient truths to support my announcement and that may be true (although I bet if you ask Dalavar Mathmage, I’m sure he can pull up some interesting mathematical statistics to prove how this could possibly be true). But I beg you to read a bit further and you shall not be sorry.

This Saturday, Jupiter has been given the extraordinary honor of challenging the Harrower to come forth and face the bravest in the land!

Due to concerns of assassination plots against Jupiter (see? the reference to the Ides?) the precise time will not be disclosed until day of the summoning. However, I do know that it will occur sometime later in the evening (between 4-7 PM CST; that’s 3-6 PM PST; or 5-9 PM EST). As we approach the date of the summoning more precise details shall be disclosed. Therefore I urge you all, if you wish to attend to keep your Saturday evening open if possible.

Now, you may ask, how will this summoning of the harrower to be any different than those of the past. The clues and misadventures the villagers of Paws have been pursuing of late have lead us to believe that there is a link between the recent appearance of a lunatic cupid and this harrower. We believe that upon slaying the harrower, we may obtain the final ingredients we need in order to provide a cure for Lord Godric Greycliff of Stormhold. As you may know, the venerable Lord Godric has been missing of late. It is our sincere hope that his desire to protect the realm of Stormhold will overpower and break the curse of empty love that has been cast upon him!

I bid you all to make every effort necessary to help slay this portent of plagues. If this means that you must sacrifice house, home, or family, so be it! We will need all available warriors to help bring it down! (ok, don’t really quit your jobs or families, but I’m just sayin’ you’ll want to be there if you can)

- Jupiter Greystone

___* ___***___
    |==|_|==|_|==|
    \ _________ /
    \___/ \___/
    |__|||__|
    |__|||__|
    |_______|
    |_______|
    Basoosh, Wise and Samorite like this.
  2. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Grraahhhh...ee kant kom.....mebbe dem udder URK wyl kom en tayke awl uur shinniez!!!!!

OOC:Leaving on a softball mission trip to FL wednesday wont be home til Sunday evening....poo.....would have liked to crash that party!
    Samorite likes this.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

The True Harrower spawns 8 tentacles around it!
    There will be 8 people from the VoP guild in attendance!
    Jupiter will be wearing hue 8 clothing for this event!
    A pile of 888 gold will be spawned at the Harrower's feet!

The madness never ends! It's like that movie, 23, only instead of Jim Carrey we have Jupiter, and it won't suck!
    Wise and Jupiter like this.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Dalavar Mathmage is busy calculating the absorption capabilities of metal kite shields to the the nearest thousandth of a HP, and sends his regrets.

Dalavar Wolfmage is pleased as punch that his dragons will once again get to sharpen their claws on the wooden husk of the True Harrower.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[VaL] will send an experienced champion fighter to assist in this quest.
  6. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

The Fishin' Magician returns home from the drudgery of his day job at approximately 7pm CST but will be happy to attend in his archer guise Oglethorpe if it is still in progress at that time.
  7. Jupiter

A sinister man bursts through the doors of a dark castle.

"My Liege! I have it! With rumors of Pirates invading the mainland, Jupiter became anxious and locked himself high atop the tower. He has information for some great summoning, of what we do not exactly know... but if it important to that grey wizard, then I'm certain there will ill gotten gains to be found! that fool Jupiter thought he could confuse our bounty hunters and assassins by sending out numerous false missives, but we've had spies on him the whole time!

We believe he will definitely be moving the skulls sometime after 7:00 PM CST. We don't know exactly when, but we are certain it will not be before then, and it should be shortly after."

(The harrower will be summoned shortly after 7:00 PM CST so long as Jupiter is not assassinated)
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Liberation and Vlar like this.
  9. Jupiter

How to grief Jupiter: pk him in the face and dry loot his house? Nope... give him night sight when he's about to summon the harrower! Haha. Ruined my photo!
    Liberation likes this.
  10. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

should have had reflect up.
    Jupiter likes this.
  11. Jupiter

I think sunglasses are the only era accurate solution to blocking night sight.

I want my Oakley's!

(this is a giant joke for those of us with humor blinders)