The Great Spawning Rare Guide - Players' Edition

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ReZon, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

A clearer picture of the Delucia Brush spawn:

[​IMG]

Feel free to crop/edit/use as you want.

-L/S
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Wow, I barely missed it :-(
  3. Lightshade

Confirmation on the Guard Outpost Location...

[​IMG]
  4. Miller-

Miller- Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks to Infantry for sharing this location. Just confirming with a screenshot. Beaker5-9 spawns in Magincia Mage shop upstairs.

[​IMG]
  5. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

Thanks to Infantry for this one as well! 3 full jars in NuJelm. In one of the crates in this house on the outskirts of NuJelm.

[​IMG]
  6. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

We are down to the end folks. One more rock to find, and all locations will be known!
  7. Dalavar

So what is the strategy here... do you just try to put yourself in Telamon's shoes and figure out where he might put such a thing?
  8. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

At this point, since at least one person knows where this rock is, we would only find it by luck if they weren't playing, or if someone else stumbled upon it and decided to share it. We've looked for it for awhile already now, so Miller- took the initiative to move things along a bit quicker:

http://uorforum.com/threads/wtb-info-about-rock8.4171/

:D
  9. Dalavar

That I recall. So it seems like for something that's being regularly farmed, it's almost impossible. But if no one knows where it is, then it truly is a scavenger hunt. That seems much cooler.

Shall we refer to Rock8 going forward as a "conflict" rock? After all the effort you guys have put into making this info available, I'd feel unethical if I ever bought one :)
  10. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

I enjoy the scavenger hunt too, but someone was definitely finding this rock and not sharing. That's fine, and their prerogative. To that end, other ideas had to be pursued. It's not like we haven't been looking. :)

To finish the guide, I will happily reward someone for giving us a helping hand. It is essentially buying the info, but it is for the good of the public!
  11. Infantry

Infantry Well-Known Member

I'm looking to throw some coins in as well for the location of rock 8 if were paying for the info and all. Many of us have given locations and timing of the spawns to this guide. Please help us finish the guide if you have the last location or a theory of rock 8 we would all appreciate it. I would like to say Thank You to my friends who have put so much time and effort in to this guide. There will never be a guide as fun to make as this one has been.

"Don't fear death...Become it"

Nec Aspera Terrent
    ReZon likes this.
  12. Dalavar

As far as I can tell, all other rocks are in mainland Brittania - no dungeons, no lost lands. Would this suggest Rock 8 is as well?

The tricky part is that some of them seem to be near other ambient rocks, and others look to my eyes like they're in the middle of nowhere. So that makes it really hard. Have you guys explored all existing rocks and rock formations?

The other thing I wonder is, what happens if a house is on top of the spawn? Or someone's courtyard? At least with monster spawners, it appears they don't spawn in houses of course, but they would spawn in courtyards. So what if Rock8 is in someone's courtyard and they just snatch it up whenever they happen to see it?
  13. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Maybe it will just spawn on your floor and save you the trouble of picking it up. :)

Seriously though, the middle of nowhere rocks are in spots where it doesn't appear a house can fit. I haven't actually tried the Rock6 spot (bumpy looking), and someone already has a house right near Rock5 (near water).

We'll see about Rock8, but I'm betting it will be the same case.
  14. Infantry

Rock 8 is located on Occlo, the guide is now complete. Thanks to all who have donated information, pictures, time, blood, sweat and tears. Thanks to Gideon for starting this guide and ReZon managing it to its completion. Thanks to Miller- and his contacts as well for some awesome screenshots and locations.

Attached Files:

Wise and ReZon like this.
  15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Miller-, Samorite, Vlar and 2 others like this.
  16. wvmtnman

wvmtnman Member

I'm glad I could help finish this guide!
    Vlar and ReZon like this.
  17. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

A thousand likes!
    ReZon likes this.
  18. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Incredible job people! If you contributed to this thread in any form or fashion, then you are Awesome!

The list of contributors is numerous, but I would be remiss in not pointing out Infantry and Miller - they have been relentless in searching this stuff out, and have shared information freely and without hesitation. Miller hunted information and found connections (hats off to Rand!) like you wouldn't believe, he has been a man on a mission! Infantry has steered me in the right direction more than a couple times. They are top quality people, and the shard could definitely use more like them!

Gideon - thanks for getting this guide going. This has been a blast to be a part of, and has been some of, if not the most, fun I've had in my UO experience.

Gideon, you're spot on. It really does say something about the shard, that a good number of people were so willing to share information, knowing full well that when they did, they could be losing out pixels. Now, this information is out there for everybody, and all can participate.

I still can't believe we found everything... craziness!
  19. Lightshade

I have all of these marked and public at the KoS Rune Library. If I missed any, please let me know. Thanks to all who contributed. :)
  20. Infantry

a cat_4-14_10.18-1.jpg Here are some of my roof top rare shots,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    ErikdeRed, Gideon Jura and ReZon like this.