The harrowers this week May 23rd has beeen postponed

Discussion in 'Power of the Night [PwN]' started by The Musician, May 22, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, that would be pretty fucking lame. That should be addressed through conversation, not attacks, though.
    Liberation likes this.
  2. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I live in that room, i'dk why this is news
  3. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

has anyone heard the details about our alleged plans to sabatoge the harrower events?

i would like to know how that rumor started.
  4. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

So it seems to me like the issue was two fold:

• Musician was mad because Kane was harassing him on his PK.
    • Kane was mad because Musician used a green/'guilded' to attack him.
    In turn, members mentioned were removed from the PwN channel etc...

Solution -
    To prevent future occurrence, perhaps a simple unguilding so there would be no green characters outside of Champ spawns, which leads to this type of dramatic situation. That would alleviate the whole aspect of someone being attacked on green character. (I mean let's face it, we're all far from guild members. I didn't join PwN because I simply didn't want to open myself up to free attacks by outsiders).

From my understanding, Musician did act out of emotion after the fact, by removing members from the event participation, and that should be addressed as well.

Both of these things would help to keep non-champ drama isolated from Champ spawn activity IMO.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Can they get their bans lifted from the PwN irc channel?
  6. Liberation

If we are not guilded, then are we still afforded the protections and benefits provided by guild membership? I'm a little fuzzy on how this is at all different from the current situation.

I feel a bit as if the problem is Musician's temper and poor judgement rather than our happening to have been green to him.
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I think this means that they still would abide the guild rules at champ spawns, but they'd have more characters available to attack you outside of the spawns.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

So basically, Kane was playing UO in full accordance with the rules of PwN. Musician, in a heated moment, broke his own rules to exact retribution.

I don't think any unguilding needs to happen here. Musician needs to apologize for taking it too far and lift the channel bans so we can get back to business.

Musician, it's not a big deal, shit happens, but own up to it and let's move forward. If you need to get back at Kane for PKing you, you have only but to ask the right people to lend a hand and I'm sure you could engage in such a way that would not violate the rules of PwN. ie: See if bart and amfekk want to go PK Kane.
    Bringing your PwN guys to the table because they were the most capable, was the easy way to get back at him but we've gotta be able to put these extraneous altercations aside if we want to keep PwN clean. Please, for all our sakes, own up to this and let's get this party going again.
    Kane, Xegugg, Mes and 1 other person like this.
  9. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

This is why I had suggested removing the guilded/green character from the equation. It seemed as though that was part of the frustration in this incident.

It doesn't make sense to me that outside of champ spawns, someone can attack on any character OTHER than a green character. It is the same player behind the keyboard, and these 'PwN guild best practices' should apply in Champ spawns only. On the flip side, if this is the case, it negates the purpose of being guided in the first place.

Guilded or not, I think champ spawn etiquette should apply nonetheless, and if any person was to come in and harass or fuck up a champ spawn (including myself) should be 'dealt with'!

(By the way, if you need someone to 'deal' with that individual, I know a guy who knows a guy who will have them HANDLED for a mere 5k):
    garvey and Liberation like this.
  10. Liberation

The color of the character is semantic. What is germane is that Xeg, Kane and I were all banned from IRC and many of our characters were removed from the guild. On top of this, Musician has apparently made up a story about how we had plans to ruin the guild's Harrower events.

Further aggravating the situation is the fact that, as deep into this conversation as we are, Musician has still failed to publicly comment on his actions since the incident took place.

I stand with Blaise with respect to what constitutes a resolution to this issue with the amendment that any characters removed from the guild should be reinstated as full members with no marks against them.

Edit: lol 5Gs
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  11. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Blaise, The Musician, ReZon and 2 others like this.
  12. Liberation

OUT OF CONTEXT! ... OUT OF CONTEXT!
  13. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Ya hasn't been on today as far as I know, or at least not in chat. I was just trying to resolve based on what I have been told about the incident from the description above. I ultimately have zero say in the situation, as it's not my guild. I can just try to talk to music when he logs on.
  14. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I planned to sabotage the shit out of that harrower by showing up and hitting it for plat.
  15. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Didn't Kane kill someone in KoS while he was guilded with KoS? Then looted him dry and left KoS....
  16. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Guess TT will just have to ride on vella's rainbow dress to farm up champs and plat :<.
  17. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Xegugg likes this.
  18. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

So far amfekk you're the only one on the let's exclude people train, and taking personal shots at someone not at all related to the subject material of the thread. Did you come in here aND just think "man this is too civil, better bring some douchebaggery to this thread"?
  19. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

lol you should have seen him in irc earlier

<amfeKk> your a nigger race trader
    <amfeKk> i dont hug nigger

really charming
  20. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I am just pointing out facts.

But actually I was linked this thread and did not notice it was the PWN guild thread, so I will apologize for bringing up Kane's past.
    And yes Mes that is how I feel about Balla.